FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium redevelopment

Doofer

Man alive charlie boy, a little over reaction there! Im well aware of what our club has achieved and the trials its gone through in the last 18 years, i was there i saw it. All im saying is the plans that the club had for seated stands are far better than what we ended up with.

And Philee i like your vision of the CL trophy being in our boardroom. However if we wish to see any european action in Inverness we would need at least a 10,000 seated stadium

Edited by ForzaCaley

Man alive charlie boy, a little over reaction there! Im well aware of what our club has achieved and the trials its gone through in the last 18 years, i was there i saw it. All im saying is the plans that the club had for seated stands are far better than what we ended up with.

And Philee i like your vision of the CL trophy being in our boardroom. However if we wish to see any european action in Inverness we would need at least a 10,000 seated stadium

A 10,000 seated stadium is not needed for the Europa League. ICT's ground meets the UEFA criteria for the Qualifying Rounds. However, if Inverness happened to reach the Group Stage, there may be an issue, as they stipulate that clubs must have 8,000 seats for that stage. UEFA may turn a blind eye as the Caledonian Stadium is close to that!

Not at all Forza. Merely a factual response to what I thought was a "little over reaction" in your reference to the current accommodation at the Caledonian Stadium as "tin crap"!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I know you should never really use things from wikipedia but the following was on there and i wondered if anyone know if there was any truth in it?

There are plans to build a full scale west-stand which would look very much like that of the Main Stand though a gas pipe in the area may cause a problem. If a full scale west stand was added to would take the capacity of the ground to around 10,000 seats. There may also be plans in the future to join the Main Stand with the North Stand to give the ground an even larger capacity."

That will be the same wikipedia which today's Courier Shennachie column reveals as recording that Chuck Norris and Rob Schnieder have claimed that Billy McKay "is a possible resurrected version of the Lord Jesus Christ"? As Caley D says, plans (ie bits of paper) may have existed since the 90s but no more than that.

Just think of the absurdity of a West Stand.  Here we have a club which - a) Is working wonders on the field with a team which has been put together within the constraints of a severely limited player budget, and b) Doesn't fill its current 7700 capacity, even for Celtic and County games and normally operates at around half that capacity.

Does that really sound like the kind of scenario where investing millions on a redundant fourth stand is a sensible prospect?

Yes, I know that a fourth side to the Caledonian Stadium would give a more intimate atmosphere and act as a windbreak. But this notion of a West Stand is Inverness football's second most persistent myth after the one which states that m****r :laugh: protesters are staying away in droves.

Or maybe they should build the thing, call it The Refusenik Stand, The Rose Street Stand or The Rod The Mod Enslosure and it would instantly fill to the brim with an entirely new clentele! :lol:

Another persistant myth that has been around Inverness for years, is that there is a "reputable" sports journalist who works for the BBC and writes for the Highland News :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just a myth though..... :wink:

• Agree 1