FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Wilson Ineligible?

There has been no evidence to suggest this ban has ever been officially served and if there isnt then neither the SFA or Hearts really have a leg to stand on, but they will probably get away with it on a "technicality".   Im glad the club are investigating. I only hope that they dig their heals in because this is far from over. No one has said anything clear cut and reasons to justify his eligibility are yet to have been expanded on beyond what was put on STV on Sunday night. Unless Liverpool, the SFA or Hearts can prove anything new this is far from over.
According to BBC he wasn't on the bench. I checked Liverpool's fixtures before the arsenal game and they had European games. Danny Wilson was on the bench on the home tie. Does European games not count as their rule about serving it in any competition.  
  There was never anything to say he was suspended for the game though. Your right about the Euro games though. If thats the case then he had already participated in official games.  
Defiantly. All ICT need to do see the relevant documents to say yes he served it. Nothing of the such has been given. End of the day, this isn't a personal vendetta on Hearts cause we lost the game. It's just ICT trying to defend itself from being cheated.
  The way Hearts are run in general is a joke. They fail to pay players yet they are allowed to dish out fresh contracts to new signings (even if their loans). Its ridiculous. We have every right to fight this. The SFA can say all they want but unless they can provide any kind of written evidence to suggest he was actually suspended for a game as opposed to simply not being picked then this case is still wide open. The fact they dont have accurate details to suggest when and who it was served against makes me think they dont have what they need.
It does make me wonder how this would pan out if Celtic went though. It's pretty clear to me, they don't want an ICT vs St Mirren final.

The SFA can say all they want but unless they can provide any kind of written evidence to suggest he was actually suspended for a game as opposed to simply not being picked then this case is still wide open. The fact they dont have accurate details to suggest when and who it was served against makes me think they dont have what they need.

Bear in mind though that the SFA don't have access to the disciplinary records of other countries. They would have to ask the FA and wait for a response, assuming the FA are obliged to respond to such a request at all.

I coach under 13 football and kids cannot play in ANY cup game unless they have played 2 previous league games, to stop clubs bringing players in just for cup games. Why is this not in place in the top level ? why were Hearts able to bring in 2 players just before i Cup Semi? this is the issue i have.

The SFA can say all they want but unless they can provide any kind of written evidence to suggest he was actually suspended for a game as opposed to simply not being picked then this case is still wide open. The fact they dont have accurate details to suggest when and who it was served against makes me think they dont have what they need.

Bear in mind though that the SFA don't have access to the disciplinary records of other countries. They would have to ask the FA and wait for a response, assuming the FA are obliged to respond to such a request at all.

Then i hope the FA can put this to bed for everyone.

Then i hope the FA can put this to bed for everyone.
They are unwilling to do so as they keep saying ask the SFA

BBC story updated

Inverness had been aiming to reach their first major cup final, losing to Hearts on penalties at Easter Road .

Their manager Terry Butcher told reporters at his team's media conference on Tuesday that he considered the matter closed.

He said: "The club wanted clarity from the SFA; it has got that.

"The ban was served down south and that is fine with us. As far as we are concerned Danny Wilson was eligible to play, he played very well and that is the end of the story.

"Hearts are in the final and we wish them good luck."

All efforts from the team now on tomorrow and beyond.

If the club are happy with the SFA response, well I am disgusted at the clubs capitulation. To give up so easily is astounding.  Most of us are not looking for a replay or to go straight into the final, that was never an option, but, we want clarity and proof that we lost fair and square.

I am assuming before Butcher made that statement that the club have now been furnished with evidence that the ban was served in a specific match. Surely; that evidence should now be placed in the public domain,

Even if that is the case, the ban was imposed by the SFA and was competition specific. Breathtaking arrogance on the part of the English FA, to ignore that just because they don't operate similar rules.

Edited by Kingsmills

If the club are happy with the SFA response, well I am disgusted at the clubs capitulation. To give up so easily is astounding.  Most of us are not looking for a replay or to go straight into the final, that was never an option, but, we want clarity and proof that we lost fair and square.

If the club have indeed capitulated without seeing evidence that the ban was served at a specific match then I am more than disappointed.If that is the case, they have let the fans down extremely badly.

The Squirel who works for the Guardian and is claiming ban was served in the Liverpool v Arsenal match in 2010 should really have checked his papers own archives....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/13/squad-sheets-liverpool-arsenal

I think that Caley D already found that this suspension for the Liverpool v Arsenal game is unfounded. It quite clearly states that Liverpool had no suspended players. If Wilson was suspended by the English FA, surely they would list the player as suspended, otherwise we have to assume that he was NOT suspended. Otherwise the SFA could just randomly pick any game that Danny Wilson didnt appear in.  Mackay, Warren, Foran, Meekings etc should go on loan to Iceland for a couple of weeks in the Summer to get rid of their yellow card suspensions.

:shrug:

I don't get some of the reaction here. The SFA have been consistent from start to finish, there's no evidence at all that they have been inaccurate or dishonest anywhere, and ICT have accepted the explanation they were given, which I'd imagine would have been fuller than the few words tweeted publicly by the SFA.

Some more history on Wilson here....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/danny-wilson/leistungsdaten/spieler_103819_2010.html

Nothing to go on though.... lets hump St Mirren tomorrow.

Billy Mackay - he scores when he wants - let's get going on that goal tally again and then hump Kilmarnock on Saturday.  There is still opportunity for silverware.

Some more history on Wilson here....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/danny-wilson/leistungsdaten/spieler_103819_2010.html

Nothing to go on though.... lets hump St Mirren tomorrow.

Billy Mackay - he scores when he wants - let's get going on that goal tally again and then hump Kilmarnock on Saturday.  There is still opportunity for silverware.

That link is very good. According to that Danny Wilson played an under 21 game before the Arsenal game and was on the bench for the European qualifier and he wasn't introduced to premier league football till November. 

Something isn't right. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Personally think it was a genuine mistake and Hearts should be in Final (if we had taken our chances there would have been no issue anyway) but the cronies at the SFA have just shown themsellves to be the bunch of clowns that they really are. Tweeting (and the use of) which they critize players about is now their official medium???? As has been said many times it is a simple case of just following the paperwork. All the SFA has to do is get the paperwork that shows the English FA closed out the suspension. No ifs or buts (or tweets) just show the paperwork and case closed. Strewth can you imagine if this lot ran our national game. Oh sh*t they do!!!!

From BBC web-site

The SFA tweeted on Tuesday: "One match League Cup suspension notified to FA, as per FIFA regs, when player moved to Liverpool in 2010."

It pointed out that Wilson served his ban at the beginning of season 2010/11.

"FA does not operate competition-specific disciplinary procedures, so suspension served in first match of 2010/11 (Liverpool v Arsenal)," added the SFA in a subsequent tweet.

"No outstanding suspension notified to Scottish FA when player returned to Scotland, so he was eligible to play in League Cup semi-final." (I guess by another tweet)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2009/10/May2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS45(27May).pdf

In the above link go to page 5. This shows that on the 27th May 2010 the SFA recognised that Daniel Wilson had a one match suspension to serve in the League Cup.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2010/11/July2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS01(23-JUL).pdf

The next link is from the 23rd July 2010 in which going to page 4, Daniel Wilson no longer appears to be banned for one match in this competition by the SFA.

Therefore the SFA have recognised by the 23rd July 2010 that his ban has been served. Today they have stated that it was served in a Liverpool v Arsenal tie on the 14th August of the same year, how can this possibly be the case then if they had already removed the ban prior to this date?!

This is not any paper or press talk, these links are taken from the SFA's own website. They now have another question to answer to; I hope the club are seeing this and taking note.

• Agree 2