FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Highland derby - BBC Alba?

bdu98196

The derby fixture which was postponed in Jan was meant to be live on BBC Alba that dy, just checked the Beeb website and its not listed for 2nd March. I'm assuming we won't have the game shown live or even a repeat now - did the contracted deal not extend to cover the replay date? Have we missed out on money into the club due to the inability of RC to keep their pitch playable in rain? :cry:

The derby fixture which was postponed in Jan was meant to be live on BBC Alba that dy, just checked the Beeb website and its not listed for 2nd March. I'm assuming we won't have the game shown live or even a repeat now - did the contracted deal not extend to cover the replay date? Have we missed out on money into the club due to the inability of RC to keep their pitch playable in rain? :cry:

My understanding is that Alba had a 5:30 slot when they wanted to show the game but, in view of existing commitments in Dingwall, including a lunch time kick off against Celtic on March 9th, Northern Constabulary were unable to staff the fixture at that time. As a result it reverted to 3pm with no TV.

The best derby in Scotland, which coincidentally involves second and third in the SPL and no live coverage by BBC on radio or television to my way of thinking is an absolute disgrace...................would never have happened to the old firm.............is this really fair ?....... Come on SFA this is a matter for you to put right for the future!

SHAME on both of you !!

No. Like other TV companies Alba have paid for a package that includes a number of SPL matches. They were scheduled t show the game when it should have been played and are unable to show it now. I'm sure they will already have a game earmarked t replace the missing one. Whether that involves us and County remains to be seen.

The best derby in Scotland, which coincidentally involves second and third in the SPL and no live coverage by BBC on radio or television to my way of thinking is an absolute disgrace...................would never have happened to the old firm.............is this really fair ?....... Come on SFA this is a matter for you to put right for the future!

SHAME on both of you !!

You are a bit premature. The BBC will have an audio outside broadcast at Victoria Park so will be doing....

* Full live commentary on 103.5-105FM.

* Robbo on Open All Mics on 92-95FM.

* Second half TV updates and full time report on BBC 1 Scotland.

* Online commentary.

* Text updates.

* Full time online report.

So choose any number from six options!

Oh how the media does exaggerate !

Six options ????????

Only two options there that are live, giving full coverage.

The Oam's otherwise known as taking the micks or spoilt know it alls surely doesn't count.

Granted I was a bit hasty,  I am sure I read somewhere that there would not be live coverage of the derby by BBC, either there has been an afterthought or else I stand corrected.

However no apologies in this case, the two most exciting teams in the SPL are head to head and that's the best they can do for the Highlands.

Had it been the old firm playing it would have been live TV and highly publicised. Schedules would have been changed to suit, both BBC and SFA would have been bending over backwards to make sure it was shown.

Great future potential for both teams given the opportunity of TV monies to help them build up team budgets but neither BBC nor SFA are really interested, or so it would seem.

Don't think there would have been extra tv money for this one tbh. It would have fitted in with existing deals. Also am I the only one that's glad that its not on tv? Think that makes folk more likely to get off their backsides and turn up. (Before anyone says it I know hats not possible due to various reasons for everyone on here).

Six options ????????

The Oam's otherwise known as taking the micks or spoilt know it alls surely doesn't count.

Granted I was a bit hasty,  I am sure I read somewhere that there would not be live coverage of the derby by BBC, either there has been an afterthought or else I stand corrected.

However no apologies in this case, the two most exciting teams in the SPL are head to head and that's the best they can do for the Highlands.

Had it been the old firm playing it would have been live TV and highly publicised. Schedules would have been changed to suit, both BBC and SFA would have been bending over backwards to make sure it was shown.

Great future potential for both teams given the opportunity of TV monies to help them build up team budgets but neither BBC nor SFA are really interested, or so it would seem.

BM your digging a big hole for yourself there. The BBC could not bend over backwards for the OF or any other derby because the BBC dont have the TV rights to SPL games. Alba, in association with mnetv have the right to show a small number of live games and a nimber of post-live games. They do, however, have commitments to other sports so cant just drop everything to suit a short notice re-schedule.

Guest Mahonio

Sportscene will possibly show the 2 SPL games tomorrow night as well as the Scottish Cup matches.

Surprised ESPN aren't covering this one or are they only showing the ones from Caledonian Stadium, they showed our 3-1 win live on that Friday evening?

Commentary from Paul Mitchell with Craig Paterson summarising on 103.5 - 105 FM.

Will this be online too?

Doesn't look like it. The SPL match available online is St. Mirren v Celtic. Or Scottish cup game between Hamilton and Falkirk. 

Not easy being a far flung supporter although the availability of youtube highlights the same evening of the game is a plus. I'd trade that in for live commentary any day. Wish the club did their own live streaming commentary. 

Last time I tried MFR on iphone app it didn't work. Might have to look at it again for tomorrow.

Commentary from Paul Mitchell with Craig Paterson summarising on 103.5 - 105 FM.

Will this be online too?

Doesn't look like it. The SPL match available online is St. Mirren v Celtic. Or Scottish cup game between Hamilton and Falkirk. 

Not easy being a far flung supporter although the availability of youtube highlights the same evening of the game is a plus. I'd trade that in for live commentary any day. Wish the club did their own live streaming commentary. 

Last time I tried MFR on iphone app it didn't work. Might have to look at it again for tomorrow.

The new ICT "Media Team" only really came into being for online content this season, thanks to the YouTube deal.

We've concentrated this season (so far) on fulfilling the compulsory requirements of that, but do hope to build on the resources available to provide more things in future....including live streaming commentary.

Not able to make any promises of when stuff might start happening, but it is on the wish/to-do list.

• Agree 1

Six options ????????

The SFA don't decide TV fixtures,The BBC only have highlights and and don't you think perhaps the "old firm" derby would pull in a far bigger global audience for ESPN or whoever??

Why would they bend over backwards to show a game that would be viewed by a few thousand?

Edited by reefinweedallday

Falkirk v Hamilton on 810MW. :ohmy: Absolute joke! :redcard: BBC

Yeah that's taking the pish a bit. Probably the most important derby in Scotland just now with both teams fighting it out for 2nd place in the top flight and there is no TV or national radio coverage.

Definitely no anti-highland bias these days though....

Will this be online too?

http://icy-e-01.sharp-stream.com/mframlow.mp3

Not sure about the iphone but on Android theres a few programs that can run that link for mfr 2, VLC being the one I use.