FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Billy Big Times

Kirishima

The Telegraph had an article where richie said ICT had one or two "billy big times" earlier in the season but the manager got rid of them. Any ideas who he is talking about? How early in the season....?

regardless. A good article found very prominently on Flipboard app...picture and all...worldwide exposure. Also, without googling it, anyone familiar with what a Stakhanovite work ethic is? I consider myself pretty learned, but...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness/9964117/Inverness-on-the-brink-of-the-big-time-after-culling-Billy-Big-Times-says-Richie-Foran.html

Edited by Kirishima
  • Agree 1

In the run up to Christmas, the players on Twitter were talking about collecting the 'fines' imposed to fund the night out and there was a bit of banter about who would go and collect all of the fines Blackman accrued.  I don't think they were keen to try and get him to pay up :lol:

• Agree 1

Aye one is definitely Blackman.  Starting fights in training was a rumour that did the rounds as well.  Quite a good player, but obviously a complete twit of a person.  

If you look at who else was punted early on, there was Martins, Brislen-Hall, Oswell.  Don't know about any of them, but I seem to recollect Brislen-Hall being friendly with his team-mates going by their Twitter pages. 

I think it could well be just Blackman Foran is referring to.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Considering  no names have been mentioned in the article, this may end up in general nonsense as its purely speculation as to who it concerns

The story is more about the camaraderie and unity of the team and mentions that there are big shots at the club.  Roll on Friday night. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Philip Roberts is one of the players Foran is alluding to.  There was talk on hear a while ago that he wasn't very popular with some of the players and his attitude was the reason why.

I have also been informed, that he has indeed returned to Arsenal.  Supposedly as well, he was chosen to go to an ICT fans social event a while back and didn't turn up.  This led to him being fined by Butcher.

I wonder if Foran's thrown a red herring in there timewise and Roberts (as well as Blackman) is one of the players he's referring to.

Edited by Renegade

He was talking about Ross Tokely. Since promotion to the SPL, fame went to the big man's head and he kept missing training after nights out with Paris Hilton and was rumoured to be spending £1000 a night on champagne.

What in Brora?????
  • Agree 1

I wonder if Philip Roberts is one of the players Foran is alluding to.  There was talk on hear a while ago that he wasn't very popular with some of the players and his attitude was the reason why.

I have also been informed, that he has indeed returned to Arsenal.  Supposedly as well, he was chosen to go to an ICT fans social event a while back and didn't turn up.  This led to him being fined by Butcher.

I wonder if Foran's thrown a red herring in there timewise and Roberts (as well as Blackman) is one of the players he's referring to.

Phil Roberts is still at the club....

I wondered about that ... he was always in the squad for much of the season, started a few games, then appeared as a sub quite a lot .... last game where he featured in the squad was 16th February, but since then he disappeared without a trace.

We have played 8 games since then, and with all due respect to the younger players I will mention, I would think he would have got into the squad ahead of Gibbons, Polworth, Laing, Christie etc. He didnt even make the bench when we played St Johnstone at the beginning of this month ... and we only named 5 subs for that game !

Seems to me something must have happened around the middle of February? My guess would be on some moaning about being a sub all the time, followed by a request (demand?) to play him or send him back to Arsenal ... with sending back being the option chosen.....