FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Europe:- The Final Countdown

tm4tj

I was just looking at the possible clubs we could get and I realised that the fifth placed team in Russia enters a the second qualifying round. I noticed that Anji were in it last season with players like Samuel Eto'o and Wilian. This season Aidan McGeadys club Spartak Moskow are fifth as it stands and of course Celtic beat them twice in the UCL. That would be a great ground to go to and a great summer trip. Also teams like FC Twente and Legia Warsaw were there but I would prefer a trip to Russia but that's my opinion.

If St J lose and we win, and County for that matter of fact lose, do you not think that it will be a lot more certain, unless we slip against DU and have to wait till Dungwall, because St J play Celtic in Glasgow next week so

Yes, a win today against 'Well would certainly take a bit of pressure off the final 2 games.  I, for one, would not like to go to Dingwall having to win to have any chance of Europe, and maybe also relying on others losing.

So good luck to the lads today. I'm going to be stuck in the car most of the afternoon trudging over to Essex, round the M25, for a family do. Probably won't get MFR  in the car either.

• Agree 2

just because we won today doesn't mean we will get europe, i still think st johnston will get europe 

They've got to play 1st and 2nd and hope we drop points against 5th and 6th.  If I was a St J fan I would be wishing they were in the position we are in.  It's ours to lose and by all accounts the lads are in no mood to throw it away. 

• Agree 2

Too right Mr Doofers Dad..............some of that guys played as if their life depended on it. To be honest, today against Well was the spirit that has been lacking for the last couple of months

• Agree 1

just because we won today doesn't mean we will get europe, i still think st johnston will get europe 

They've got to play 1st and 2nd and hope we drop points against 5th and 6th.  If I was a St J fan I would be wishing they were in the position we are in.  It's ours to lose and by all accounts the lads are in no mood to throw it away. 

yeah it is ours to throw away but some bad results poof no europe 

If my sums are corrrect, if sellik win tomorrow and then win against StJs at noon next sat, we would be going into our game against arabs at 3 knowing if we win we will defo be in Europe.

Even if celtic and county draw, then celtic beat saints, we would get europe by beating arabs next Sat. So county HAVE to win tmo. Jammy beggers probably will aswell

Edited by ForzaCaley

Wonderful to see the lads back scoring again, glad too that Billy scored after his penalty miss, don't think he will miss his next one, lesson learned there.

tm4tj glad to see you are feeling better lol keep it up positivity is creeping in!

Motherwell will be smarting now so I expect they will give their next opponents hell, that too is in our favour.

looking forward to the highlights now.

• Agree 1

Hmmmm

The Celtic starting XI to play Ross County: Zaluska; Lustig, Wilson, Gershon, Izaguirre; McGeouch, Ambrose, Ledley; Watt, Stokes, Commons

Still good enough to keep OTB at bay I'd say. Watt, Commons and especially Stokes are always good for a goal each, Lustig, Izaguirre, Ambrose and Ledley have been regular starters, so the slightly lower quality in the centre of defence should be compensated.

County going with Fraser, Oikonomou, Hainault, Munro, Kovacevic, Lawson, Brittain, Scott, Vigurs, Sproule, Wohlfarth

Great chance for them to keep their season going. I know Celtic have rested players, but they could as you said Rainbow have enough in the tank, however, it is not very gentlemanly of Celtic to play below strength sides when other teams still have something to play for.

1 - 1 at half time.  I was quite encouraged to see the line up for Celtic after hearing Lennon's comments earlier in the week.  There are players there who will want to prove themselves and put themselves in the frame for first picks next season.  Whatever Lennon may say about sacrificing games, he will want the team to go out on a high for the last game of the season at Celtic Park and to have the fans leaving happy after seeing a good victory.  The players selected today will be wanting to share in that.

County really have to win this if they are going stay in the chase for European places and will be up for it 100%.  What we don't want is Celtic players who will chicken out of challenges because there is nothing particular at stake for them.  A certain Greek is in that category and he is not in the squad.  I do, however, think that County are a well organised side who have as much determination as any team in the league.  They have the type of game suited to their dreadful pitch and having got the equaliser I expect them to go on and win.  I hope I am wrong!