FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ben Greenhalgh - Football's Next Star

Ayeseetee

I am going to type this one at great speed but it's niot mt fault because I have two eyes one of wehich conflicts wut the other and produces incredible images ont he scereem. Awesome is nikt the word for it.

I had a word ont he phone with Terry yestyerady and he saya that's o K and he will go easy on ben untiol his speeing is upt o speed.

Meanwhile back at the ranch I have another operation scheduled on the right eye soon;  that's number 6 I think and hope sare high that I cam  do bnetter when I come on her' after another month.  

But thes peed--blinding no less. :ohmy:

Very best of luck with your eye op. Scarlet. You are two ahead of me.

The incredible images though ........are you sure that's not the weed or the drams !! ??

Just think you will be able to read all the glowing ICT reports all the better when its done.

Fingers crossed for you ,I know what you are going through.    :wave: 

• Agree 1

Not only is the "R" next to the "T" but the "G" is just below.  Not so long ago I wrote an email at work explaining something to a few folk who didn't seem to grasp a point which should have been straightforward.  At the end, I signed off using the word "Regards".  Fortunately I had carefully read what I had written before hitting the "send" button and it was then I noticed I had pressed the "T" key and not the "G". I quickly corrected my error although in the context of the email I was sorely tempted not to.

Personally I think it is a courtesy to others to check what you have written so that you can correct any mistakes you spot.  That ensures those who read what you write are more likely to be clear about what you are saying.  It might also save you from being sacked!  But heaven forbid that we should put people off communicating just because their standard of literacy is not up to the standard of some self appointed judge.  As long as folk make the effort and can make themselves understood then it's what they say that matters and not how they say it.

• Agree 1

Makes you look unintelligent and unprofessional.  

Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Michael Faraday, Paul MacCready, Leonardo Da Vinci, Erin Brokovich, George Washington, Nelson Rockefeller, Walt Disney, Steven Speilberg and Richard Branson...to name just a few who might disprove your theory.

In fact, I would say that your statement makes YOU look like the one who struggles when it comes to intelligence.

Makes you look unintelligent and unprofessional.  

Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Michael Faraday, Paul MacCready, Leonardo Da Vinci, Erin Brokovich, George Washington, Nelson Rockefeller, Walt Disney, Steven Speilberg and Richard Branson...to name just a few who might disprove your theory.

Alexander Graham Bell was actually a total fraud but never mind.  Just because someone has spelt something wrong, doesn't necessarily mean they are stupid and could very well be very professional indeed, but writing something and failing to spot two glorious mistakes either through error or a lack of reading over, can make you look that way.

In fact, I would say that your statement makes YOU look like the one who struggles when it comes to intelligence.  

Oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

Edited by Renegade

What's this all about ,eh? It's about correct ness as in being self-rightwoeeusd and staid anda, and.,,,I think!?

Why, what I am surprised about is that Bughtmaster can type anything on here correctly. After all , getting old, like he is, must be a real burdennnn,especially when you see three sets of characters at all times wth everylook. That's fine if you are luking at a pretty girl but most of the punters on here are no that and so it's ju[-ist a burden...eh?

Spell checkers ar the ebes knees though exceopt that you need to be able to see what they produce to ensurethet aye doing the jobbie and all.

Thank goodness owd Scarlet is gude at spennling-he shoudlbbe I learned at the feet of the maestro IHE.And thes days he is so tired and wan that he jist can't be bothered to spemd the time on reviews allt he time.But I have to hand it to hom, he does try, most of the time, onyhoo.

Right! Back to the splell chicken.

• Agree 1

When I was a child, many many years ago, at Roy Bridge Primary School we'd have spelling tests every friday afternoon. Anyone who got three wrong got to feel the leather on teachers strap.

schools were a bit more kinky in your day. great that they could combine sex ed and spelling at the same time though. i presume fourplay was the topic at the time.

Anyway...

I thought Greenhalgh looked decent against Keith. Yes it will be more of a test against SPL opponents but he displayed some good close control, a fair bit of pace and skill down the left hand side. Solid opening performance from the guy and hopefully he can be an asset for us.

• Agree 2

Once many years ago spent a few weeks preparing a technical report and checked it over many times before we issued it to the client Hampshire County Council.

Not until after it was sent to them did we notice it said 'Hampshite Sewage Sludge Strategy' on the cover page. Quite apt really given the content. Fortunately we had only prepared 20 copies ;-))))

Anyway first reports are the boy can actually play a bit and that is all that matters really.

• Agree 1

I wonder by the end of the season, how many different versions of his name we will have heard?  I've already heard Green-Hal, Greenhall, Greenhalg, Greenhelg...even Green-Halgze"!  I believe Green-Hal though is the correct one though.

Edited by Renegade

Best way to get round spelling and pronunciation problems is to find out what the dressing room have nicknamed him and just call him that. Maybe not. Probably be as simple as Greenie and that'll open up debate on spelling again. Is it Greenie or Greeny?

The things our fans argue about...... :rolleyes:

I wonder by the end of the season, how many different versions of his name we will have heard?  I've already heard Green-Hal, Greenhall, Greenhalg, Greenhelg...even Green-Halgze"!  I believe Green-Hal though is the correct one though.

If you look up pronunciation websites (of which there are surprisingly many) you'll find that the recognised options are "Green-halj", "Green-holsh", "Greenhalsh", "Greenhawlsh".  Whichever, the "gh" is most definitely not silent as you suggest. I suspect the reporter in the clip above was trying to pronounce it in the way Ben had advised.

The name has nordic origins meaning something like "green island" and originates from Lancashire where there was a village and castle of that name.

Isn't it great that we are discussing the issues that really matter!