FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket Sales

Kingsmills

Perhaps slightly off topic but the traffic control, especially from the A9 was simply atrocious. I suspect a lot of Hearts fans missed the start and possibly the first goal - I suppose that made losing a fiver a head more appropriate. The attendance figures also puzzle me as I thought the ICT sections were fairly well populated yesterday.

• Agree 1

I agree that traffic management needs looking at.  Traffic was very slow moving in both directions on the A9.  It took me 20 minutes from joining the end of the queue on the bridge to reach the roundabout and the queues were worse on the Northbound approach.    I wonder to what extent this sort of congestion puts folk off going.  That was with a fairly moderate crowd and crowds of the size we would like to see and which the team deserve will only make the congestion much worse.

Best idea for the roundabout....turn the feckin traffic lights off.  Congestion and hold-ups weren't unheard of before, but they are far worse now.  What's just as bad is that you can roll up to the roundabout at 3am and still take 5 minutes to get round the bloody thing when you're the only vehicle there.

• Agree 6

Are the club still giving out tickets to schools?

Cant remember what season they were doing that but they were housed in the west stand and at half time the announcer welcomed what schools were there. Maybe the club should look down those lines again. Instead of the west stand fill up the spaces in the north stand at least they will have a roof over there heads. Maybe giving away free tickets might be a bad thing but when the kids get here they'll be wanting a programme, something to eat & drink and maybe get a scarf from the shop or shorts and socks to complete there kit. There will be income coming in for the club and the stands will be looking fuller.

Are the club still giving out tickets to schools?

Cant remember what season they were doing that but they were housed in the west stand and at half time the announcer welcomed what schools were there. Maybe the club should look down those lines again. Instead of the west stand fill up the spaces in the north stand at least they will have a roof over there heads. Maybe giving away free tickets might be a bad thing but when the kids get here they'll be wanting a programme, something to eat & drink and maybe get a scarf from the shop or shorts and socks to complete there kit. There will be income coming in for the club and the stands will be looking fuller.

Yeah...any school or kids/youth group/organisation can apply for tickets any time they like.

You tend not to get them at the start of the season due to school holidays and stuff.

For concessions, has there ever been a consideration to include a Forces Discount? Can easily be verified through a MOD90 identification being produced at time of sale and/or entry.

Why? I'm sure the earnings of forces personell is no less than those who work in the low paid sectors of society and they dont get discounts.

I think you have to be careful when offering discounts to certain sectors to get people through the gate. You run the risk of alienating other people who already pay full price. Is there a large amount of people in the forces who's primary reason for not attending being cost? I don't know, but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

I had a conversation with a pensioner fan who's adult son was annoyed that a couple of guys in their early 20s who sat next to him now got a cheaper ST due to falling into the 16-25 bracket, while (he being over 25) was still paying full price. He felt his son was quite right to be upset as those guys in their early 20s had jobs etc and should be paying full price as they could afford it. Fair enough I said but I have guys over 65 who sit near me and get a cheaper ST than I do, but they may well have much larger disposable income than I do, (paid off mortgage, kids left home etc) but it doesn't upset me. 

Depends on your perspective I guess, but unless you means test everyone at the ticket office it will never be a perfect system and I guess you have to play to the averages and look at the best business model. Part of going to the games is to support the club financially and I'm happy to do that but I'm fortunate (at least at the moment!) enough to be in a position to do that.

• Agree 1

All of the wealthiest people I know are pensioners. It makes absolutely no sense to give them a discount based on nothing but their age, in fact it is pretty scandalous in these days of supposed equality and non-discrimination. Kids get a discount because they are the future of the club, but pensioners clearly aren't! 

Seeing as they tend to be the first to grumble and the last to give vocal support, I'd rather see them forced to pay a premium to get in. 

I can upset pensioners safe in the knowledge that I can outrun them.  :wink:

• Agree 1

All of the wealthiest people I know are pensioners. It makes absolutely no sense to give them a discount based on nothing but their age, in fact it is pretty scandalous in these days of supposed equality and non-discrimination. Kids get a discount because they are the future of the club, but pensioners clearly aren't! 

Seeing as they tend to be the first to grumble and the last to give vocal support, I'd rather see them forced to pay a premium to get in. 

I can upset pensioners safe in the knowledge that I can outrun them.  :wink:

I'm a pensioner

• 4 weeks later...

Once I bought a ticket for a rangers home game for an ex girlfriend (save me the squaff, I don't support them), I received a random text from their marketing team offering season tickets for £207. This tells me 1) they text advertise 2) this is a key time where they are on the crest of a wave and they think they can sell tickets well and 3) it's a good price!

Interesting don't you think?

Once I bought a ticket for a rangers home game for an ex girlfriend (save me the squaff, I don't support them), I received a random text from their marketing team offering season tickets for £207. This tells me 1) they text advertise 2) this is a key time where they are on the crest of a wave and they think they can sell tickets well and 3) it's a good price!

What's worse? Going out with a sevco? or buying from sevco?

Plus buying a bird something shows weakness. -100 man points.

Could someone Add a man point-o-metre Please?

What that tells me is that Brora are becoming a very professional outfit .....but £207 is a bit steep ! :ohmy:

Edited by RednBlackComeback
  • Agree 5

Late onto this thread but I had some spare cash from a pension, yes I am 55, and I am glad I did buy a ticket this year but please please try and do something with the traffic. From the Aberdeen turn off to get to the car park is a joke. It takes me just under two hours from Perth and then another 30 mins from the Aberdeen junction.