FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where do the ICT support originate from?

dougal

1 Where were you born? Raigmore hospital Inverness

2.Where did you spend your childhood? Muir of ord

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? ICT v Dundee Utd february 1998 scottish cup reply 4th round

4 What is you current location? Muir of ord

1. Dumfries

2. Ayrshire / Fife ( joined the Army 1987)

3. 2006 moved to Inverness with job ( loyal ICT fan since)first game against Dundee UTD

4.Inverness / Edinburgh ( work related) more away games than home games. Still have house in Inverness and will settle down there.

1 Where were you born? Raigmore

2.Where did you spend your childhood? South Laggan

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? Caledonian in 1990

4 What is you current location? Fukuoka, Japan

I would love to know how your 'current location' is pronounced! I'm assuming It's a real place and you weren't simply annoyed at being asked where you currently reside?!

:)Fukuoka: Foo-koo-oh-ka. As an aside, the town/train station is Takeshita. (Ta-kesh-ta)

Feck ya it and yer Take a shitta station :wink:

1 Where were you born? Raigmore

2.Where did you spend your childhood? Dalneigh

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? Dunno, I wasn't a huge football fan as a young kid, but I have plenty of memories of jumping the wall at Telford St and it just kinda went on from there as the "habit" of going to football on a Saturday stuck with me.

4 What is you current location? Dalneigh 

1. Raigmore

2. Balloch (Inverness)

3. Around 1992/93 I think when I went with HislopsOffsideAgain to a couple of Highland matches involving Caledonian or Thistle.

4. Aberdeen

ICT will always have a problem retaining a core precentage of its fanbase given that the Highland region has a high level of out migration in the 16 - 29 year age group. A lot of our fans fall into this age group but are likely to leave the area to head off to further education or to secure jobs. Whilst there are people coming into the area they are quite likely to already support a team so going along to an ICT game will not likely appeal to them.

• Agree 1

Here...I'll give you an outlier for all you stats types:

1 St. Marys, Ontario, Canada

2.St. Marys, Ontario, Canada

3 1994/5ish - thanks to Scotty's old Rivals site. I didn't get to my first game until July 28th, 2009.

4 Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada

1.  Where were you born?   Dingwall (Don't blame me, it was the nearest hospital for my Mum at the time!) (My Dad always said I was born at the back of the Jail End - ie that's where the hospital was).

2.  Where did you spend your childhood? Moy (who knows where that is? and there was nothing there when I was brought up there and nothing much there now, except the annual Moy Games Fair).

3.  When did you start following football in Inverness? When I was taken to the footie by my brother, likely in the 1950s sometime (cannot remember year - was too young then and too old now).

4.  What is your current location? Inverness.

1. Dundee. My parents fault.
  2. As above, although they hauled us to Fife for a while, which was worse.
  3. After I moved up here in the 80's, but not regularly until the boy came along and started wanting to watch football.
  4. I'm in Inverness, which is unlikely to change.

1 Where were you born? Raigmore, Inverness

2.Where did you spend your childhood? Merkinch till 1979, then Dalneigh

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? Pre Season 1976 was the first Caley game i recall ever going to. 

4 What is you current location? King Street (Central Area), two mins walk from the ICTFC Social Club

So by the looks of things our support is mainly made up of incomers to the Town , and the sentimental types who have left the Highlands .

That would depend on what you term as "our support". Is it the people on here, many of whom use this site to keep in touch from afar, or the people who attend matches. I would reckon the majority who make the journey on a saturday to home games are born and bred Invernessians who still live in the city. At away matches you're more likely to encounter those who've moved away and even a good few non-Inverness born folks who just took a liking to our team. Some of whom travel hundreds of miles to a game from daan saff.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Luninets, Belarus, USSR, 1983

2.Luninets

3. After my first travel to highlands in august 2012. 

4. Minsk, Belarus. May be, i'm the only russian-speaking ICT supporter

I'm from Minsk. Yeah, the same Minsk, which just beated St.J, but i've even never seen that Minsk FC neither on the pitch, no on TV.

• Agree 1

Alex--you continually stun me with your surprises. One of the original world travelers it appears! Smile.

Ingvar Gunn. Welcome to this exotic forum of frantic football-mad fans.

In Scotland the clan Gunn originated with the Vikings invading the Northern Isles and then settling in the north of Scotland. Their name was close to a similar Norse word, "GUNNI", meaning warlike or into and loving fighting. From what I have read the clan Gunn were not shy to get into a fight in Scotland and were often sought after to support other clans in their warlike endeavours.I think they finally settled in the North West probably because it was isolated and difficult to get to.

You can read this very interesting and well-researched article from a Scotsman named Scottie who sends me stuff every so often. He is a clever man and does meticulous research so you can trust his comments!:-

http://www.rampantscotland.com/clans/blclangunn.htm

Kind regards

Scarlet

1. Glasgow, Laverock Hall St. Springburn

2. All over the place UK. Germany, Cyprus and Singapore.

3. Caley early 90s

4.  Loch Flemington, Inverness since 96

Edited by kilda

1. Glasgow, Laverock Hall St. Springburn

2. All over the place UK. Germany, Cyprus and Singapore.

3. Caley early 90s

4. Loch Flemington, Inverness since 96

Dunno if you know my father in law Alex Taylor, he's a big ICT man he stays down near Loch Flemington?