FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Not surprised crowds are low

jonahict

I was at the Dundee UTD game on Tuesday night, got my tickets in the morning as had to get time off work before I could commit to going. Got 4 tickets in total and didn't ask for anywhere except main stand. My season tickets are in uncovered section but as £15 anywhere in ground I wasn't to fussed where I sat.

Arrived and took my seats, firstly to a lady saying I was in her seat, I wasn't I was in next one, then to hear people in row behind us saying we have strangers and talking amongst themselves about us being in their friends seats. One person did say in a sarcastic way better be nice as they may come back. After talking to lady beside me and talking about team and I am a season ticket holder she then said, oh your in the cheap seats! This does not bother me as I am pleased that myself and 2 of my kids have season tickets for half the price I pay when in family section.

I thought we were meant to be a friendly club and if this was my first time at It it would of been my last. So not only are we trying to change invernessians attitude to ICT it seems we are having to change fans attitudes to non regular fans (faces)

So yesterday in a horrible November day one of lowest crowds of the season even though we had bring a friend for a fiver and a win would take us to second in the league.

On the positive side my children who did notice the unwelcome reception we received thought it was funny that we were at the game in the friends seats and we were getting the abuse (maybe a bit strong), and their friends weren't at game.

Edited by jonahict

Probably the same kind of folk who have a meltdown when a visitor uses their mug at the office or sits in 'their' seat in the staff room.

Funnily enough as a North Stand ST holder I sat in the Main Stand for a change at that game, had a couple of right roasters next to me (you know who you are lol) :P

Same happened to us a few years ago. At Annan league cup tie when only main stand was in use. We were sat down for a while when this "gang" of the blanket and sweetie brigade arrived and told us we were in their seats. We moved eventually, but did communicate my dismay at their attitude. Ended up good as we sat next to the  dug out and had a laugh listening to Terry giving Imrie a mouthful for most of the game.

Your experience seems quite different from mine then. I don't get to many home games but when I do I enjoy them. Plus away matches.

As for "you're in my seat" - if your ticket has a seat allocation on it, then you are in your seat. No further conversation necessary.

Don't let one poor experience put you off.

I was at the Dundee UTD game on Tuesday night, got my tickets in the morning as had to get time off work before I could commit to going. Got 4 tickets in total and didn't ask for anywhere except main stand. My season tickets are in uncovered section but as £15 anywhere in ground I wasn't to fussed where I sat.

Arrived and took my seats, firstly to a lady saying I was in her seat, I wasn't I was in next one, then to hear people in row behind us saying we have strangers and talking amongst themselves about us being in their friends seats. One person did say in a sarcastic way better be nice as they may come back. After talking to lady beside me and talking about team and I am a season ticket holder she then said, oh your in the cheap seats! This does not bother me as I am pleased that myself and 2 of my kids have season tickets for half the price I pay when in family section.

I thought we were meant to be a friendly club and if this was my first time at It it would of been my last. So not only are we trying to change invernessians attitude to ICT it seems we are having to change fans attitudes to non regular fans (faces)

So yesterday in a horrible November day one of lowest crowds of the season even though we had bring a friend for a fiver and a win would take us to second in the league.

On the positive side my children who did notice the unwelcome reception we received thought it was funny that we were at the game in the friends seats and we were getting the abuse (maybe a bit strong), and their friends weren't at game.

I bet they didn't even join in with singing dundee smells of sheeeeyite???

I remember hearing about a family who had moved into the area from down south. I think they all went to the pre season friendly with QPR and had the same problem, despite an empty main stand!

Wonder if they ever came back?

The blanket brigade or The Gordy's as i used to call them, is the reason i stopped getting the bus from the Caley Club! Its the classic needle off the record vibe when i walked in there for tickets!

Edited by BornCaley