FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Derek Adams is a good tactician - much better than Butcher. And, historically, we tend to go for up-and-coming managers. I'd be happy if he's appointed as manager. Paddy power quoting 6/1...

Evidence please ? , on what basis do you make such a statement ?

Sour grapes / total bollocks are words that spring to mind

Sour grapes? Total bollocks? Derek Adams took County to the Scottish Cup final.

The only thing i would say on Adams is the squad he has at County is not as good because the players Adams has brought in in not very good. I appreciate he lost some very big key players but he has failed to replace with any really good players with cheap foreign imports who are not very good. That is my concern 

A man with a  mind of his own. Strong and passionate. :lol:

If he learns to smile more he could be the answer to a maidens' prayer. Especially if he wore the kilt. :laugh:

Mr Sheils has a way with (verbal) spiels

But he has never learned to click his heels.

He would not be good in the Nazi's fold

'Cos his outbursts are far too bold

But If he promises to curtail his rants

Then maybe he'll get the red and blue pants.

What we don't need is a little milksop

But one who will resolve that he will-nae flop

A man with passion and a restless mind

An aggressive fella --yep, that's the kind. :wink:  :cheer01:

• Agree 1

Barry Wilson

That's like putting a "probationer" In a formula 1 car -an accident waiting to happen

some day maybe but not this year!

Old Head as David Sutherland said but with a young assistant with the new ideas -wish i new the combination but there will be one !

So the Beeb have linked Sheils and Yogi to the job. Apparently we've even spoken to Sheils about the role (and the BBC have sadly been quite up to speed on the whole matter)

My opinion on Sheils is divided. He seemed to do a good job at Killie and the fans liked him. But he was essentially sacked for being too outspoken. In this respect Terry Butcher too was very outspoken only a lot more media and political savvy. If we were to go for him I'd like to hope we'd contractually nail him into paying his own fines.

I like John Hughes. If I was a player myself I think I'd respond to him. He's very into sports science (I don't think Stamina or speed would become an issue) and he always, from what I remember sent his teams out to play football (style sorted). He'd be used to the budget constraints from Falkirk also. On the other side his track record post Falkirk is pretty poor. Ignoring Hibs, as that job has become a minefield since Mobray left there, he's not exactly done well at either Livi or Hartepool (sacked in May) so somethings missing. 

It just seems that going by what Sutherland says we're looking South of the border, to someone who's been operating there or has a lot and has seasoned experience. The 3 names that jump out are Neil Warnock (please no), Paul Sturrock and George Burley. The latter, with his links to Butcher (may even be Tels suggestion) in this case would seem the most likely.