FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ryan Stevenson availability for semi.

Guest Mahonio

"I'm delighted that St Mirren have kindly agreed to rearrange that fixture," Hearts boss Gary Locke told the club's official website.

"It's not ideal in as much as we've got a game four or five days before the semi-final. But at the end of the day, it's great that we've got Ryan available for such a big game."

.......................St Mirren are said to be interested in Aberdeen's Josh Magennis and Ryan Stevenson of Hearts, with Lennon having already bolstered the forward line with Adam Campbell this January.

But he shot down suggestions he is also after the Pittodrie striker and refused to comment on claims he wants to take Stevenson away from the capital.

Even with Hearts about to sell Adam King to Swansea (£150,000+ after only 2 appearances?!) BBC confirm that they can't sign Skacel (or whoever) until Monday.

But when one loophole closes, another one opens:

"Hearts are also exploring the possibility of bringing in an Under-21 player by removing goalkeeping coach Alan Combe's registration as a squad member.

The SFA embargo does not apply to players under the age of 21, so that could happen before the weekend, if the SPFL rule favourably on any approach."

Skacel will be playing against us, I'm 99% sure of this.

Hearts will weasel a way to make this happen.

We just have to beat the opposition that is put against us.  That part is up to our players...

....as I mentioned in the Hearts signing embargo thread: they'll try everything to get Skacel in for the semi - he's their talisman! I bet they have another bite at it! Either way, he'll play us in our league fixture in Feb. I think it matters little: if we get our heads right and play the way we can we'll win. Anything else and we don't deserve to get to the final. Can't wait!

Ive been told that they are trying to bring in Liverpool forward Jordon Ibe on loan to replace Combe. Skacel will not play, hey can try and try but the embargo on them stops them buying anyone over 21 until the window shuts. The only way would be if they persuaded the SPFL to put it through specially on saturday and i cant see that

Ive been told that they are trying to bring in Liverpool forward Jordon Ibe on loan to replace Combe. Skacel will not play, hey can try and try but the embargo on them stops them buying anyone over 21 until the window shuts. The only way would be if they persuaded the SPFL to put it through specially on saturday and i cant see that

Don't think they'll get Ibe in with Liverpool's very thin squad at the moment due to all the injuries. Ngoo is another name going around.

Edited by djh222

I hope they go for Ngoo. Would be hilarious when they rush through the paperwork - only to find he's got an immediate one game Scottish League Cup ban in the event of him ever re-signing with a Scottish club! I'm sure they're aware of that, but you never know!

• Agree 1

The whole point of the "One Out, One In" sanction is to prevent them increasing the wage bill....can't see the SPFL finding it acceptable that they are simply removing a player registration and not the wage.

Should also be noted that the SFA could still extend their embargo with Hearts still being in administration.

I hope they go for Ngoo. Would be hilarious when they rush through the paperwork - only to find he's got an immediate one game Scottish League Cup ban in the event of him ever re-signing with a Scottish club! I'm sure they're aware of that, but you never know!

...just like Danny Wilson last year, then!

• Agree 1

Looks like Hearts have lined up Jason Ibe from Liverpool to "replace" King, if SPFL rules in their favour this week. They might, however, lose Stevenson to Rangers (that affluent 1st Div club with cash to burn....)

Not exactly an easy sell to make to a player.

"Fancy coming up to Inverness for a few months with almost zero chance of playing regularly as Billy is our first choice? Oh, we don't have a Nandos by the way."

Not exactly an easy sell to make to a player.

"Fancy coming up to Inverness for a few months with almost zero chance of playing regularly as Billy is our first choice? Oh, we don't have a Nandos by the way."

OR....Fancy coming to a lovely city like Inverness and joining a team of hard working genuine boys with the prospect of becoming our No 1 scorer.. SOLD ?????

...just like Danny Wilson last year, then!

No!

Hearts did nothing wrong with regards to Danny Wilson's suspension for that game.  NOTHING.

We know this because the SFA told the club to drop it.  And ignored our more inquisitive supporters who tried to clarify the situation.  Must be true in this case then.

LEAVE IT!  :tuttut:

• Agree 1

...maybe we should go for Skacel.....

That would be hilarious but I doubt he'd be committed enough to play the semi final.

however, we should hijack Jordon Ibe or Rory Donnelly that they're trying to get in.