FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shocking Club Decision

RedCard

Thanks RedCard. My apologies, I read earlier that they could sell them. 

no worries mate I was under the impression that they did too but my St Mirren colleague at work has told me that they don't. 

He he also warned me about Carbrini's sizing issues and how the tops are tiny so be aware when ordering 

Feck me - what size should I ask fer ?

I think it's called 'darts player'

• Agree 4

The fact of the matter is, we've now got the same kit supplier as Ross County, yet they've managed to negotiate a deal whereby they sell their kits through JD Sports and their own club shop.  To me that suggests they've managed to negotiate a better deal than we have.  Simply, that's not good enough.

I've no problem with the kits being sold at JD, but to not sell your own kit at your shop is simply madness.  You're highest grossing piece of merchandise won't be sold at your own club.  I just can't get my head around that.

Perhaps we're getting more cash up front from an exclusivity deal than RC. We don't know the terms of the deal.

Yeah I have a few gripes with the whole marketing front around the club, it's just annoying and then you constantly hear Charlie Christie dissing the poor numbers showing up to games whenever he's on Off The Ball or National TV! They are shooting themselves in the foot, you don't need to invest significant amounts of money into marketing to make a difference even though you can, all you need is some creative thinking...look at Particks new mascot - worldwide exposure overnight right there!

In the lead up to the cup final I passed through the city centre on Sunday when I was coming home from holiday (I stay in the Western Isles) and I was desperate to get my hands on a strip in the lead up but the Victorian Market shop and stadium shop were both shut, and nowhere in the city stocked the strip other than these two places(correct me if I'm wrong). This new deal at least addresses that, but in general there is absolutely no club presence in the city centre at all, if you were visiting Inverness there are no clues at all that a premiership football team play anywhere near the place! No posters or nothing, except a banner on the stadium roundabout, think about how many people up on business/travelling etc who like football and have a free Saturday could be enticed to a game. Anyway I left empty handed, I checked the online store and they weren't available and they are still unavailable although we know why now. So we won the cup, national exposure...yet you couldn't buy a strip in the online store, it's the biggest thing that's happened in the history of the club, it doesn't take much thought to realise that is the time to cash in. There are plenty examples of clubs all over the world they could nick ideas from, there are constant gripes about lack of attendance but get moving and do something about it. I'm not talking about spending loads of cash but any successful business has to have a marketing strategy to remain competitive, it seems like we have none at all. It is a bit embarrassing that Celtic have a bigger presence on Inverness high st than us

I was coming back from my holiday in Bilbao, obviously there is an astronomical budget difference between us and Athletic but they are also a premiership team and the people there are MAD about the them, every garage door is painted in red and white stripes, every kid in the street is wearing their strip, they have an enormous presence in their city. It's like chalk and cheese but you aren't going to change anything if you don't even try. If anybody at the club is reading this google St Pauli, they have a big cult following and there's no reason a tiny football team in the Highlands achieving as the underdog couldn't make inroads in that area, all it takes is a bit of vision.

• Agree 1

Thanks RedCard. My apologies, I read earlier that they could sell them. 

no worries mate I was under the impression that they did too but my St Mirren colleague at work has told me that they don't. 

He he also warned me about Carbrini's sizing issues and how the tops are tiny so be aware when ordering 

Feck me - what size should I ask fer ?

I think it's called 'darts player'

Which "darts player" size? I believe there are two - heavyweight and superheavyweight.