ICT - Partick Thistle (H), Sat 28th Sept

MrCaleyjag

I almost forgot we had a game on Saturday what with all the off-field shenanigans from both teams that's kept everyone talking.

Back to the football then should we wish.

I'm sticking my neck on the line and predicting that we'll keep our winning run going, certainly expect no less than a point. If I'm wrong then I'll take all the pelters I'm due come 4:45pm on Saturday.

I've seen/heard nothing from Partick this season to suggest that we should be fearful of them, certainly my prediction of Gary Caldwell being the first manager to get the dunt was correct, and while I expect them to be boosted in some way by Ian McCall I doubt he's had enough time to really work with the players. While most would have expected their defeat to Celtic on Wednesday it's still a game more than we've played since last Saturday and I think that'll show, hopefully we'll be sharper and less jaded. They'll be more organised but can they produce the extra quality that's needed to improve sufficiently, not for me.

Hopefully we can start the game quick and take it to them from the outset.

I expect us to field the same starting 11 as last weeks defeat of Queen of the South.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The league position of PT is a bit false, they are a play-off capable team who IMO decided not to play for the manager. With a regime change and the return of Archie with McCall I think they will be a lot more potent and dangerous than 10th would suggest - hoping with our high confidence and run of form we can keep going and get another 3 points. If we play with the tempo early we have in previous matches hopefully we can get a few early goals and kill off any PT threat.

Could be a bit of a cracker this one!!!

I'd always classed Partick Thistle as a bit of a boggy team for us but, having looked at the stats (soccerbase), I see we're fairly even. In the League it's W11 D5 L13 and overall it's W13 D10 L14. 

This will not be easy against a fired up Partick side. I can't deny I'm a bit worried about this one. Hope the boys can allay my fears. :crazy:

A boggy team - for Peats sake Gringo - stay off the Real Ale. From here on in Plastic Whistle will only improve. Wish we had the backing of a fervent Lottery winner !! This is our big chance to take three points off them before they start ringing the inevitable changes. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

A boggy team - for Peats sake Gringo - stay off the Real Ale. From here on in Plastic Whistle will only improve. Wish we had the backing of a fervent Lottery winner !! This is our big chance to take three points off them before they start ringing the inevitable changes. 

Indeed even to sort out our deficit but their cash cow has withdrawn his support now so be interesting to see where they go from here, hopefully not to close to us though.

Sometimes an injection of cash can be worse if not spent wisely especially if said backer then decides to walk away and take their money with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Indeed even to sort out our deficit but their cash cow has withdrawn his support now so be interesting to see where they go from here, hopefully not to close to us though.

Sometimes an injection of cash can be worse if not spent wisely especially if said backer then decides to walk away and take their money with them.

Nope, their cash cow is in fact bidding to take over the club and give it to the fans group, Thistle For Ever, now that a chinese/american consortium are no longer in the running, which is why Colin Weir pulled his millions out.

Not looking forward to being in the championship with an Ian McCall team with money.

I'm hoping for a strong start on Saturday, can't let Partick settle on McCalls first league game. Make sure their heads are down by half-time, then finish them off early in the second half.

Edited by Satan
Sp
  • Like 1

McCall was a good fit at Ayr and no guarantees that he will be at Partick. Caley would do well to focus on doing what they have to other teams in recent games. Ignore the hype. Hope big ridgers is on form for his 100th game. Another 3 points would be excellent return so far.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICT - Partick Thistle (H), Sat 28th Sept
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj featured this topic
  • tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic