Caramel Wafer Cup Semi Final

Robert

Having been one of the 1700+ there, the conditions were shocking and had an impact on the match. 

Rangers came out flying and their speed troubled us all afternoon. 

Given the conditions and the ref, we did well to get the job done and get to the final. I didn’t think Walsh was offside and how Keatings got a red defies belief. I taped it so will have a look later  

Carson was the sponsors man of the match, but I’d have picked Ridgers for at least three decent saves. 

It was the first I’ve seen of Toshney. He looked off the pace at the start but had a couple of vital tackles.

Looking forward to the final!

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

28th of March -  https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/fixtures     St Johnstone do not have a game that weekend I presume because Scotland play Israel on the 26th March. so mid way between Kirkaldy and Inverness is Perth, well at least in Stadium terms.

22.30 kick off due to BBC Alba commitments ??

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

Having been one of the 1700+ there, the conditions were shocking and had an impact on the match.

It didn't look like that on TV, but I suppose that there were quite a few Sevco supporters.  I noted that some of them had come from as far away as Aviemore.

And you deserve a lot more than a free Caramel Wafer!

Really enjoyed that game, a bit of a roller-coaster, I was surprised the pitch held up as well as it did. No way was that a dive from Keatings, the Rangers player ran into the side of him. Thought Carson looked pretty good all game, Storey had quite a strong game, beating his man pretty often, got one or two decent crosses in, and generally looked dangerous. Rooney perhaps the pick in the first half going forward (which meant he was absent a bit defensively!) But the guy who impressed me was Toshney, looked strong all game and seemed to block and win various balls, and also decent enough going forward, and with McHattie looked decent enough as a back pairing. I'm in Portugal for the final damn it, not sure if I'll find any bars showing the game 🤣

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

It didn't look like that on TV, but I suppose that there were quite a few Sevco supporters.  I noted that some of them had come from as far away as Aviemore.

And you deserve a lot more than a free Caramel Wafer!

I didn’t get one and didn’t at the Clyde game either. 

The announcer said 1700 and something.

There were at least two coaches with fans as three coaches in the away car park. 

If the final is 28 March, that will be another home midweek game for the visit of Ayr. 

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

You can't be offside direct from a goal kick. Walsh's strike should have stood.

It was a free kick not a goal kick, doesn't matter though, White never touched it and he was onside when Ridgers kicked it, so still should have stood.

Edited by Rasczak
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Buzzing we beat the Colts never went my wee man did says the colts ran us ragged but big players step forward for big moments big shout to the main man Miles for firing us to glory why Robbo doesn't play him as main striker is baffling 

I think it’s because he seems unable to head the ball! I’ve noticed that recently. Lol. I know you will retort about White too though!

Credit that he was in the right place at the right time to smash home the winner!!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

I think it’s because he seems unable to head the ball! I’ve noticed that recently. Lol. I know you will retort about White too though!

Credit that he was in the right place at the right time to smash home the winner!!

He doesn't need to with pace like he's got give us a new dimension upfront he's wasted out wide like having a Ferrari and never putting it in 3rd gear either that or I could be totally overrating him and he's gash like Our other "forwards" lol

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

It was a free kick not a goal kick, doesn't matter though, White never touched it and he was onside when Ridgers kicked it, so still should have stood.

Was it? If so I stand corrected! :smile:

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

You can't be offside direct from a goal kick. Walsh's strike should have stood.

SARCASM ALERT

16 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

:drinking05:

28 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Buzzing we beat the Colts never went my wee man did says the colts ran us ragged but big players step forward for big moments big shout to the main man Miles for firing us to glory why Robbo doesn't play him as main striker is baffling 

To be fair Alan I could have scored from where Storey was and I'm ***** at football. It dosent make him a good striker, he's a decent winger and his pace is unbeatable but his final touch is generally poor and was on quite a few occasions today 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I thought Aitken has been one of the better referee's we've had this season.

Controversial.

JR seemed to remember him being crap with one of our previous games as well, made a point of naming him...guess he'll be getting fined then.

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic