Coronavirus - Season on hold

tm4tj

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

The spfl have been relatively quiet that two of the largest clubs in the country have been involved yet no sanctions and even tried to play games until ordered by the government to stop. Yet Partick and hearts both fighting to save jobs etc handed 2500 fines for the gall of questioning their authority. Double standards.

That's not a surprise Jaggie!

3 hours ago, RiG said:

No surprise and the right decision. I heard the FM’s comments at lunchtime and she was scathing. All players and clubs must heed this or the game will be shut down again. 

The players involved should be sacked by their clubs and the clubs heavily fined if points cannot be deducted. They have shamed the word professional and do not deserve the inflated salaries they earn. 

Clubs like ours may suffer greatly by their selfish and petulant stupidity. 

There is a list on the BBC website of the “Aberdeen 8” which includes Jonny Hayes. 

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

On a brighter note, the Championship league placing for 19/20 have been reviewed by the SQA and ICT are being upgraded to the Premiership, in accordance with our manager‘s initial recommendation.

No thanks keep us out of that shambles until it gets sorted out!

1 hour ago, Robert said:

No surprise and the right decision. I heard the FM’s comments at lunchtime and she was scathing. All players and clubs must heed this or the game will be shut down again. 

The players involved should be sacked by their clubs and the clubs heavily fined if points cannot be deducted. They have shamed the word professional and do not deserve the inflated salaries they earn. 

Clubs like ours may suffer greatly by their selfish and petulant stupidity. 

If they have one more breach the government will stop the whole 20/21 season. These So called professionals are jumped up, spoil, self Indulgent idiots. I've spent the past 4 months at work 12+ hour shifts wearing masks and other PPE to try and keep everyone safe. Fearing I'd take the virus home to my family and isolating from my oldest son who had asthma until recently. I'm fuming these idiots feel its ok to risk everything everyone had fought So hard to accomplish to date. Their apathy is beyond belief. Heavy fines should be imposed by the spfl or sfa.

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

I hope Peter lawell put that jumped up wee krankie back in her box sure he did just getting the FM side of it wee boot probs left there shaking in her tartan trackies

It's the other way about Alan 🤣 And the FM is quite right!

1 hour ago, IBM said:

It's the other way about Alan 🤣 And the FM is quite right!

NO danger lawell would've tore that wee munter a new 1 likes of Sturgeon need taken down a peg or 2 she's got a god complex let's clap for nicola I wouldn't even give her the clap lawells not the godfather I thought he was lol

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A little confused by that post. Who are you referring to and what is their prime income bringer ?

Sod all being points deduction and whatnot not happening, and prime income bringer being Celtic. By all means, they've caused the league problems (as have the Dons) but no doubt, nothing will happen cos they love sucking each other off...

2 hours ago, Row S said:

Anyone else hear about the premiership players drinking in the Heathmount whilst watching Aberdeen v Rangers on TV on the opening day of the season? 

I watched the game in the Corriegarth. The Heathmount looked dead when I walked past. Do they even show football? There were some ICT connected folk in the Corrie (not present players) but didnt see any players premiership or otherwise in there. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Extremely concerning.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-board-confirms-three-week-suspension-of-professional-football-beneath-spfl-championship/?rid=13929

Scottish Cup games suspended, all leagues below the Championship on hold and the Championship will only continue if weekly PCR testing is carried out which, IIRC, is very expensive for teams at this level.

I'm sure this story will grow arms and legs pretty quickly.

From BBC Sport

Scottish football below Championship level has been suspended for three weeks due to the rising number of coronavirus cases.

The impacted leagues are: SPFL League One, SPFL League Two, Scottish Women's Football Premier Leagues 1 & 2, Highland League, Lowland League, East, West & South of Scotland Leagues, Scottish Junior FA Leagues and the North Caledonian League.

The second tier Championship will continue provided it starts weekly PCR testing for players and staff.

Regular testing has been in place for Scottish Premiership clubs since the season started in August.

Scottish Cup matches will also be suspended, with any ties scheduled to be played prior to 1 February to be rescheduled. (from midnight tonight, at the moment, Camelon v Brora is on tonight)

The temporary pause will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the Scottish FA Board in partnership with Scottish Government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55616399

• tm4tj pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

As it stands, our league season continues. I fear that you may well be right about Leagues One and Two and below.

Only if we adhere to the weekly testing which we have said in the past we can't really afford.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/2503558/caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson-outlines-covid-19-testing-concerns/

Hopefully we have received this £500,000 (?) grant from the Scottish Government which I surmise will need to be spent on this PCR testing.

What a season this is turning into!

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Only if we adhere to the weekly testing which we have said in the past we can't really afford.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/2503558/caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson-outlines-covid-19-testing-concerns/

Hopefully we have received this £500,000 (?) grant from the Scottish Government which I surmise will need to be spent on this PCR testing.

What a season this is turning into!

I think the grant will be closer to £300,000 than £500,000 but should still help with completing the league season.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic