tm4tj

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

Current Form Table. Speaks volumes.

form.jpg

Thanks Gringo, our next two games are against teams doing (almost) as badly as we have been doing recently.

We need to use those as a platform for getting this season back on track as best we can.

We should aim for 6 points, 4 may be more likely, but anything else will be unsatisfactory given we have Hearts next Friday. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

And yet the club still chooses to pay for Pixellot instead of using skilled, experienced volunteers...even though they're filming the game anyway.

4 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Alternatively, I think we could focus our complaints elsewhere, i.e. the ICTFC Twitter, where what was for the longest time a family club, has become nothing more than a club that responds to only what they want to hear. 

These are the worrying posts in this thread. The notion that the club are - once again - going into ostrich mode is concerning. How many hundreds of complaints have we seen, not just on here, about this clearly substandard system we are persevering with? and then to ignore comments of fans on social media and not address them ...... not a good idea. 

There has never been a period quite like this in world history and this is the time where the club should be doubling down on focussing locally by listening to supporters, working with the community, doing whatever they can in and around Inverness to actively build on any goodwill they can generate through this time. It seems they are doing the opposite.  There is very little we can do about postponements or COVID related shutdowns or measures, but we can certainly focus on what things we can do .... I do see some community engagement over the last few months, but all that goes out the window if you turn around and ignore your customers. 

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Robbo is the longest serving manager in the Championship and one of the longest in the whole SPFL.

Come the end of the season he will have been in post for 4 years and, more recently and has not improved our position. More recently, we seem to be going backwards if anything.

Robbo is a very decent person, he is working with increasingly limited resources. However, mid table mediocrity season after season with no cup success other than the caramel wafer, is not good enough.

If he can't turn things around and get us into a play off place by the end of the season then I am afraid he needs to go and someone else given an opportunity.

I respectfully disagree .... I get it that results have not gone our way but, in my mind, this whole period is not typical. We are skint, we are not generating (enough) income to resolve that, and until recently we did not even know if we would be playing any games at all, and therefore we can't afford nice shiny things (other than pixell-Not it would seem!) ... It would be folly to offer contracts to all and sundry, and even if we could, many would not even consider coming here right now given the travel restrictions and time away from family (as noted in Kai Kennedy's move to Raith).  There's an old and crude saying that you can only pi** with the co** you have and that kind of fits our current status ...

The time to judge Robbo is when things get back to normal and if he is underperforming then, that's the time to have this conversation .. until then, as frustrating as it is, he is trying his damnedest to get the best out of a patchwork of older players who used to be at a higher level, injury plagued players looking for another restart, and youngsters who aspire to get there ... not exactly the squad composition that any of us want or expect. He is doing all this while also acknowledging COVID related mental health issues that are being experienced by himself, and also presumably others around the club ...  so we should get behind him. 

Any replacement for Robbo would have the same meagre resources, perhaps less if Robbo had to be paid off, and who is to say they could get more out of the existing squad ... we certainly could not be delving into the transfer market ....

Just a thought, and not wanting to make work for anyone, but should the club be approached for a zoom discussion with the Supporters Trust or the Wyness Shuffle guys?

Ideally the Chairman, Chief Executive, Manager and Captain would take part and answer questions that are of concern to fans. Questions could be collated and provided in advance, and be a platform for an open and honest discussion.

Topics could include the financial position (as much as can be made public), community activities, communication, the live stream, ideas to allow the club to bounce back after some semblance of normality returns, and their ambitions for the club in the future.

Just a thought but it could go some way to allaying the justifiable concerns that are being voiced.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

These are the worrying posts in this thread. The notion that the club are - once again - going into ostrich mode is concerning. How many hundreds of complaints have we seen, not just on here, about this clearly substandard system we are persevering with? and then to ignore comments of fans on social media and not address them ...... not a good idea. 

There has never been a period quite like this in world history and this is the time where the club should be doubling down on focussing locally by listening to supporters, working with the community, doing whatever they can in and around Inverness to actively build on any goodwill they can generate through this time. It seems they are doing the opposite.  There is very little we can do about postponements or COVID related shutdowns or measures, but we can certainly focus on what things we can do .... I do see some community engagement over the last few months, but all that goes out the window if you turn around and ignore your customers. 

I respectfully disagree .... I get it that results have not gone our way but, in my mind, this whole period is not typical. We are skint, we are not generating (enough) income to resolve that, and until recently we did not even know if we would be playing any games at all, and therefore we can't afford nice shiny things (other than pixell-Not it would seem!) ... It would be folly to offer contracts to all and sundry, and even if we could, many would not even consider coming here right now given the travel restrictions and time away from family (as noted in Kai Kennedy's move to Raith).  There's an old and crude saying that you can only pi** with the co** you have and that kind of fits our current status ...

The time to judge Robbo is when things get back to normal and if he is underperforming then, that's the time to have this conversation .. until then, as frustrating as it is, he is trying his damnedest to get the best out of a patchwork of older players who used to be at a higher level, injury plagued players looking for another restart, and youngsters who aspire to get there ... not exactly the squad composition that any of us want or expect. He is doing all this while also acknowledging COVID related mental health issues that are being experienced by himself, and also presumably others around the club ...  so we should get behind him. 

Any replacement for Robbo would have the same meagre resources, perhaps less if Robbo had to be paid off, and who is to say they could get more out of the existing squad ... we certainly could not be delving into the transfer market ....

The other point we need to remember in all of this is that although he's the first team manager Robbo is actually much more than that. He does a hell of a lot more than just the first team football side of things especially since Covid kicked in. 

I'm not a Robbo apologist by any means and recent results + performances are clearly substandard. However those questioning him need to be careful what they wish for as there's not much scope or resource for anyone else to do any better.

I don't think we should be calling for Robbos head. I disagree with some of his selections but which fan doesn't when form isn't good. 

Whilst form is disappointing it's not yet alarming (this could change quickly though) and there are caveats. 

I've already written this season off (almost did before a ball was kicked) and am looking to next season to mount a proper challenge. I think Robbo deserves that at least.

8 hours ago, Robert said:

Just a thought, and not wanting to make work for anyone, but should the club be approached for a zoom discussion with the Supporters Trust or the Wyness Shuffle guys?

Ideally the Chairman, Chief Executive, Manager and Captain would take part and answer questions that are of concern to fans. Questions could be collated and provided in advance, and be a platform for an open and honest discussion.

Topics could include the financial position (as much as can be made public), community activities, communication, the live stream, ideas to allow the club to bounce back after some semblance of normality returns, and their ambitions for the club in the future.

Just a thought but it could go some way to allaying the justifiable concerns that are being voiced.

Ive reached out to the club to see if this is possible Robert.  

There was a plan at the beginning of the season to launch a fans 'think tank' where we would invite the trust and a bunch of fans from all demographics to come up with ideas for a better match day experience but we were assuming that we would have had regular attendances by now way back last summer.

I also agree with Kingsmills in that the management are under pressure and rightly so, it's unacceptable where we are (which Kingsmills said too so it's not only me) so questions need asked as to 1) wtf does he do in training to get this number of injuries, something that no other club has to contend with, 2) Why are the players not performing, it's like their trying to get the manager sacked (exactly what happened at Chelsea and Cardiff, both were poor until new manager came in at both clubs), 3) why he lies about making changes then not delivering on that threat (which is there for all fans to hear as it was in the after match interview after Arbroath game) and 4) why are players played out of position?

The board need to look at the bigger picture and ask themselves, what's worse, the cost of sacking the management or the true cost of more job losses due to another relegation. 

And to answer an above question that was aimed at Kingsmills, I would say Paul Sheerin or David Hopkin (both unlikely I know but it answers the question). 

We haven't won in THREE MONTHS according to the bloke Julian Warren on Gillette Soccer special, that is truly unacceptable and that includes matches against teams we should be beating comfortably (Alloa, Arbroath and now QOS). 

Surely some fans on here (not thst they give a sh*t about my opinion or disgruntlement) can understand why I'm so pissed off, it's our worst run of form since Richie Foran era, and he was given way to much time, I don't want us to be regretting another manager getting far too long to get it right, only to fail drastically. 

Rant over 😛

4 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

We haven't won in THREE MONTHS according to the bloke Julian Warren on Gillette Soccer special, that is truly unacceptable

Brutally unfair statistic especially considering it's practically been a game a month at this stage.

Bollocks x2 considering of the 7 games we've played in those 3 months, its been 1 win, 4 draws and 2 losses. Which to be honest isn't a totally awful statistic, obviously could be better, but not a whole lot you can do when you've had 11 games (I don't think that includes the Scottish Cup games) called off due to guff weather.

9 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Bollocks x2 considering of the 7 games we've played in those 3 months, its been 1 win, 4 draws and 2 losses. Which to be honest isn't a totally awful statistic, obviously could be better, but not a whole lot you can do when you've had 11 games (I don't think that includes the Scottish Cup games) called off due to guff weather.

Maybe my expectations are to high but 1 win, 4 draws and 2 loses is rubbish. In that time we've played Alloa, Arbroath, Queens and Morton. Irrespective of having games postponed if we are serious about getting into the play offs these are games we should be winning. 

Just saw this on Twitter...

Queens fans get their names on a shirt as thanks for buying a season ticket, as well as it being free for them.

What do we get as thanks for buying a season ticket? A brief letter at the start of the season, then ignored when we complain about the streaming service constantly failing.

I'm aware money isn't great right now, but this shows the distance between the club and the fans. One club is grateful for their support, the other club probably couldn't give a rat's arse unless theyre absolutely desperate for it.

Screenshot_20210219-121930_Twitter.jpg

I don't expect freebies from the club just a response when you contact them and reasonable communication. I emailed the CEO with a raft if constructive suggestions and ideas after our auspicious 1st streamed game. Received no acknowledgement let alone response. To then come out in the press (but not on ICT media channels interestingly) and say it was fine just grated more.

These things cost virtually nothing. We seem to have a recurring habit of just shutting down communication when things are difficult when you should do the opposite. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the next time I get any contact will be asking for my season ticket renewal.

There are a raft of things working against the club (not all of the clubs making of course)- not being able to attend games and meet friends, awful streamed games, call offs, poor performance on the pitch and plus people just finding other things to do with their time and money.

They should have been using the streamed games as an opportunity to put out a professional and exciting image to not only keep existing fans enticed but also bring in some new ones. We've done the opposite. 

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

I don't expect freebies from the club

Neither, was just using it to show comparison that a club on a similar level to us is willing to go above and beyond for their support, while our club seemingly don't give a sod unless they can manage to extract money from it.

Start of the month the club was (at lack of better word) begging for people to buy souvenir tickets for the Hearts game, and everyone responded incredibly.

Yet since the start of the season the entire fanbase, who forked out £200+ for a season they couldn't even attend, has been complaining after every game about the terrible streaming quality, just to be met with a half arsed "yeah it's running fine" as a response, and I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has given up watching the streams at this stage due to incessant buffering, stream delay, jumps and a multitude of issues outwith the viewers control, and it ultimately going nowhere because the club seemingly refuse (more likely ignore, mind you) to fix ANY issue brought forward by the fans except that bald lino, which only got sorted because of our 15 minutes of fame.

Could have a list that's taller than me at just shy of 6ft1, that goes over every single issue that's happened since day one, and maybe two have been fixed. "Bin the commentator", "move the camera to stop the lens flare", "move the camera to the other side of the park for a better view", "get replays sorted" are among a mountain of suggestions which have all been flat out ignored.

Apologies for the rant, but my god does the topic do my head in.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic