Jump to content

V Clach (pre-season)


tm4tj

Recommended Posts

Tonight's team to face @clachfc

1. Mark Ridgers
3. Cameron Harper
5. Robbie Deas
6. Danny Devine
9. Billy Mckay
10. Aaron Doran
16. Lewis Hyde
18. Scott Allardice
22. Nathan Shaw
29. Robbie Thompson
31. Harry Hennem

Subs: 

13. Cameron Mackay
8.  David Carson
12. Roddy MacGregor
17. Trialist
19. Matthew Strachan
20. Calum MacKay
24. Austin Samuels 
27. Alasdair Riddle
30. Steven Boyd
32. Ethan Cairns
33. Lewis Nicolson

Billy Mckay and Nathan Shaw inside first 20 mins give ICT early advantage. 

Full Time 0-10

Scorers: Mckay (13, 31) Shaw (18) Harper (32) Thompson (36) Doran (39) Samuels (47 pen) Cairns (55) Boyd (73) MacGregor (77)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 substitutions at half time.

8-0 courtesy of an Austin Samuels penalty and a goal by Ethan Cairns. 

Edited by Robert
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The goals keep coming: when did we last score 10 in a friendly?

This one was scored by Roddy MacGregor. Great to have him back playing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Robert said:

The goals keep coming: when did we last score 10 in a friendly?

Deveronvale 2 ICT 10 20 July 2004 maybe?. I was there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Full time. 10-0.

Seems like a good workout and shooting practice, but it will be good to hear from anyone who was at the match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A long time since we have scored that much in a friendly.  I thought it was next week after the Brora game could have gone to see it :sad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Full time. 10-0.

Seems like a good workout and shooting practice, but it will be good to hear from anyone who was at the match. 

I heard from someone at the game that Clach were sh...erm....'not very good' Still, scoring 10 in any game has to be good.....doesn't it? Nice one ICT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty good stuff. Thought the second half might lull after going 6-0 at half time but the youngsters who came on brought new pace and enthusiasm. Some real talent in there. Trialist  looked decent - Zak Delaney (?). Thought the boy from Alloa looked pretty sharp as well. McKay looked good as well. Couple of big lads there too! Great to see the possession the young lads kept. 
just good to be back out again!

Edited by FrontRow
Spelling
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

Pretty good stuff. Thought the second half might lull after going 6-0 at half time but the youngsters who came on brought new pace and enthusiasm. Some real talent in there. Trialist  looked decent - Zak Delaney (?). Thought the boy from Alloa looked pretty sharp as well. McKay looked good as well. Couple of big lads there too! Great to see the possession the young lads kept. 
just good to be back out again!

Yeah I'm pretty sure the trialist was Zak Delaney. He did fine but played centre half which seems a position we are well covered in, especially with Max Ram signing. It's full backs we need to recruit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A useful very gentle workout to shake off the cobwebs but does anyone know whether any of the Clach team had actually met each other before last night?

Yes, Clach were out of sorts for most of the game, but perhaps more due to the gulf in fitness and skill on our part. I thought all our young players did very well including the new signings. Lewis Nicholson put in a great shift at left back and with his support play in the second half. I think he's a better option than Cammy Harper, so please don't send him out on loan again Mr Dodds. No sign of Max Ram though. Hopefully he'll get a game against Brora.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Row S said:

Lewis Nicholson put in a great shift at left back and with his support play in the second half. I think he's a better option than Cammy Harper, so please don't send him out on loan again Mr Dodds.

I was impressed with Nicolson when he came off the bench a few times after Christmas before being sent out on loan again so I agree he should be part of our first team squad this season.

Ross Tokely has spoken highly of him which is a good sign.

Harper seems to be seen in a further forward wide role now so there could be opportunities for both of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy