FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie away Jan 2024

tm4tj

Rebuilding, getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in new (better) players will cost. Lots. We haven't got it. We're skint. We have to survive this season there is no doubt about that. Relegation would almost certainly mean going part time and the slide will continue. Dunc had turned around our fortunes with that 'new manager bounce' but that bounce has now gone flat. Has he got what it takes to get it back? :ponder:I certainly hope so.

5 hours ago, Gringo said:

Rebuilding, getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in new (better) players will cost. Lots. We haven't got it. We're skint. We have to survive this season there is no doubt about that. Relegation would almost certainly mean going part time and the slide will continue. Dunc had turned around our fortunes with that 'new manager bounce' but that bounce has now gone flat. Has he got what it takes to get it back? :ponder:I certainly hope so.

You say we are skint but yet we can pay the current manager a colossal wage?

You could argue Gardiner is deliberately taking us down the part time route in an attempt to start from scratch again there is certainly no evidence against such a stance anyway. 
The club has been in a constant decline since the Scottish cup win and while communication is non existence you have to wonder what really is going on behind the iron curtain

Dougal

On 1/2/2024 at 11:26 PM, lizi said:

Actually it was a quite a happy bus home with a lot of laughs!  We forgot about the result, had our quizmaster extraordinaire with his footie questions, then a singsong.  Home before 10pm so - all ready for Ayr on Saturday - we are nothing if not resilient!  

Well said lizi I always applaud the blue rinse brigade they are always upbeat regardless of the performance and they are there through the good times and bad so I’ve given you a well done 👏 

Do you lot still dish out the home baking the shortbread was to die for?

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Funny 1

Blue rinse brigade? Average age of passengers on Tuesday was about 30. Don’t know when you were last on a Supporters Travel Club bus Dougal but we are not in the habit of serving home baking and shortbread. Although rumour has it there will be cupcakes on offer on Saturday from a regular who turns 21 on that day. 

Are you implying that Douglas sooks lemons and becomes bitter

23 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Dougal much prefers Lemon drizzle cake, Lemon tea and Gin and bitter lemon to follow, And a pint of bitter from his fridge later on.

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, Hearach said:

Blue rinse brigade? Average age of passengers on Tuesday was about 30. Don’t know when you were last on a Supporters Travel Club bus Dougal but we are not in the habit of serving home baking and shortbread. Although rumour has it there will be cupcakes on offer on Saturday from a regular who turns 21 on that day. 

Hi Hearach

Admittedly it’s been many years since I travelled on the supporters bus maybe late late 90’s early 20’s.

From memory numerous blue rinses and some hairy legged men hating feminists thrown into the mix. 
It was quite intimating at first but the atmosphere lightened when the shortbread came out. 

Enjoy the cup cakes on Saturday.

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, dougal said:

Hi Hearach

Admittedly it’s been many years since I travelled on the supporters bus maybe late late 90’s early 20’s.

From memory numerous blue rinses and some hairy legged men hating feminists thrown into the mix. 
It was quite intimating at first but the atmosphere lightened when the shortbread came out. 

Enjoy the cup cakes on Saturday.

Dougal

Are you sure that wasn't the County bus you were on?

• Funny 4