FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Morton (h) May2024

1 hour ago, buckett said:

Wasn't Airdrie that frcked us. We did a pretty good job of that ourselves over the season.

This!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

A good game tonight with a great crowd especially the young ones in the North Stand :clapoverhead:  

If only we had another couple of games like that we would be safe and sound but over the season our home games have been crap and that's why we have ended up in the play offs :sad:

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 4

May 2022: promotion play offs. Within 45 minutes of promotion.

May 2023: looking forward to Scottish Cup Final on 3 June.

May 2024: at real risk of being 180 or 360 minutes from relegation.

Progress??

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

To the game itself,  what was Muirhead (not) thinking? That was a Derek Adams level meltdown! Wouldn't be surprised if he's broken a few toes kicking the wall on his way off 🤪 nutter!

I guess the club will receive a substantial fine for the object thrown on the pitch after Broadfoot's goal. Typical Scottish football double standards; the authorities turn a blind eye/deaf ear to 50,000 idiots spouting sectarian bile every week, but one moron in inverness and they throw the book at us! 🙄 

Bit of ott shithoosery from broadfoot imo, who was well received here when playing for us. Daftie!

To the playoffs we go. Who knows how that will turn out. I'm sure we'll get whatever we deserve!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

To the playoffs we go. Who knows how that will turn out. I'm sure we'll get whatever we deserve!

I think what we deserve is to stay in the Championship.  When big Dunc arrived at the club, we had played 6 games in the league and had only 1 point.  If the league table had started when he arrived, then we would have finished 5th.  Given the number of injuries we have had over the season, that's not too bad a record overall.  I've said before that Ferguson's style of play has often been a pretty hard watch, but if we can just find a bit of spark up front, then there is no reason why we can't be competitive and entertaining in the Championship next year.  If we do go down, then I think we have the potential to bounce straight back under Ferguson.   I do think we have enough to get through the play-offs though and hopefully we will do so with a good support at the home games.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I think what we deserve is to stay in the Championship.  When big Dunc arrived at the club, we had played 6 games in the league and had only 1 point.  If the league table had started when he arrived, then we would have finished 5th.  Given the number of injuries we have had over the season, that's not too bad a record overall.  I've said before that Ferguson's style of play has often been a pretty hard watch, but if we can just find a bit of spark up front, then there is no reason why we can't be competitive and entertaining in the Championship next year.  If we do go down, then I think we have the potential to bounce straight back under Ferguson.   I do think we have enough to get through the play-offs though and hopefully we will do so with a good support at the home games.

It will be interesting to see how many Season Ticket holders will shell out for tickets for the play offs.

• Thoughtful 1

6 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

A surprisingly large crowd for this game.  Brilliant vocal support from all the youngsters in section D too.  But where the f**k have you been all season?

Priced out of attending every other week and took advantage of the £5 ticket offer?

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

To the game itself,  what was Muirhead (not) thinking? That was a Derek Adams level meltdown! Wouldn't be surprised if he's broken a few toes kicking the wall on his way off 🤪 nutter!

I guess the club will receive a substantial fine for the object thrown on the pitch after Broadfoot's goal. Typical Scottish football double standards; the authorities turn a blind eye/deaf ear to 50,000 idiots spouting sectarian bile every week, but one moron in inverness and they throw the book at us! 🙄 

Bit of ott shithoosery from broadfoot imo, who was well received here when playing for us. Daftie!

Now we get to renew pleasantries with Gardyne in the playoffs 😂

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Robert said:

May 2022: promotion play offs. Within 45 minutes of promotion.

May 2023: looking forward to Scottish Cup Final on 3 June.

May 2024: at real risk of being 180 or 360 minutes from relegation.

Progress??

This time last year - a cup final ahead of us.

Now - 4 cup finals ahead of us. Progress! 😀

• Funny 4

8 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

He has had 30 games and a transfer window to keep us up…….. he hasn’t managed to do that even with his loan signings from big clubs in England. What makes you so sure he can do better with less budget in a lower league( if we end up there). 

• Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

Do you not think that most of the loanees from England were positive but injuries played a part. I still think that getting shot of Carson and Welsh was a big mistake and add in the "losses" from last season like Allardyce - all money saving exercises. I do think that Dunc's lack of knowledge of our level of football and his naivety in playing "modern" football was admirable but you can't instill that quickly when the players don't know each other, are unknown quantities and there was nobody up front to utilise until Samuel arrived.

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

Posted (edited)

Brilliant game brilliant atmosphere on a lovely night ,just a pity a bit too late but not over yet.

So glad Dougie Imrie is not our manager ,if that is his style his team were a disgrace .They had nothing at stake and the treatment to our players was disgusting .As for Muirhead he has to receive some punishment for his conduct on the sending off .He was right in the face of the ref with very abusive disgusting language ,kicked the wall in anger (possibly a broken toe or two ) then on way into tunnel looks to Caley bench giving rude hand signal .Absolutely shocking behaviour from any player .He must be dealt with accordingly. 
Dougie Imrie has nothing to be proud of ..

C.mon Caley Thistle we can do this albeit the hard way and with discipline..

Edited by izzy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

I hope a recording of the game will show the antics of Morton’s goalie before the penalty was taken (what a bellend) and also Broadfoot’s assault on Alex Samuel.   Imrie seems to have coached his team tactics on thuggery. 

• Agree 4

Yes, Harper did very well to keep his composure and slot the penalty into the bottom corner.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

This time last year - a cup final ahead of us.

Now - 4 cup finals ahead of us. Progress! 😀

Two flaws there though: 2 years ago we had 6 finals in the promotion play offs and came up short, last year we lost the final.

This year……? It may only be 2 finals. If it’s 4, we need to not fall short again. 

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Montrose here we come...
1. Dundee Utd 36 22 9 5 73 23 75
2. Raith Rovers 36 20 9 7 58 42 69
3. Partick Thistle 36 14 13 9 63 54 55
4. Airdrieonians 36 15 7 14 44 44 52
5. Morton 36 12 9 15 43 46 45
6. Dunfermline 36 11 12 13 43 48 45
7. Ayr United 36 12 8 16 53 61 44
8. Queens Park 36 11 10 15 50 56 43
9. Inverness CT 36 10 12 14 41 40 42
10. Arbroath 36 6 5 25 35 89 23

Tuesday May 7th
Championship play-off semi-finals, 1st leg

Montrose v Inverness CT
Alloa Ath v Hamilton 

Saturday May 11th
Championship play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg

Inverness CT v Montrose    
 Hamilton v Alloa Ath

Wednesday May 15th
Championship play-off final, 1st leg

Lowest-ranked team at home in 1st leg
Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 8.05pm

Saturday May 18
Championship play-off final, 2nd leg

Highest-ranked team at home in 2nd leg
Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 5.30pm

Forget he ifs, buts and maybes. We're where we deserve to be and the table doesn't lie.

There is no fight in the team, no discernible tactical style of play, players are picked to avoid paying their wages, decent players sit on the bench irrespective of what's happening on the pitch. Ferguson signed five centre halfs and we still ship ludicrously soft goals against teams who're already on holiday and last night aside we seem completely unable to score nearly enough goals.

From my perspective Ferguson's appointment has been an unmitigated disaster and whether we sink or survive he needs to go along with the clown who pushed for his appointment. How the board can sit through the barage of anti-Gardiner chants at every home game and not address the issue is beyond me.

To be facing  relegation to the third tier is an utter embarrassment for the club and those responsible should be held accountable.

Onwards to Montrose on Tuesday I guess.

• Agree 8

• tm4tj unpinned this topic