FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargs could stay..

Harry Chibber

Seems to be a newswire story doing the rounds with similar content / comments

Bayne Comments in P&J

Dargo in Scotsman

Scotsman Match Report - and a bit about Dargo

The same quote seems to be in most of them and seems genuine and honest .....

"Inverness have offered me a contract, I've said to the manager it's a big move for me in the summer and I want to weigh up all my options, I won't do anything underhand to Caley Thistle - I've got great respect for the club and the manager. If anything happens then I'll tell him. I'll hopefully know more myself in the next five or six weeks because, for my fiancee as well, it will be a big thing if we are moving. But I might be staying here, it's up in the air right now."

"Inverness have made a decent offer but no matter what the offer was, I was never going to rush in and sign straight away. There are a few clubs interested so I'm waiting to see what's on the table to make the best decision for me and my family."

You cant argue with those comments - He has made it clear he does not want away from the club, but he has also made it clear that whatever decision he makes will be for the good of him and his family. Respect.

ok.but im going 2 ave a go at dods.he's been a dirty scum!ok he's probs 1 of our best players,bt players that sign pre-contracts r always scum nd 2 DUNDEE UTD!!what's he achieving with that?sum1 on radio scotland on sat nyt was saying that a captain shud never leave there club......v good point if u ask me.

Guest Arab4Ever

ok.but im going 2 ave a go at dods.he's been a dirty scum!ok he's probs 1 of our best players,bt players that sign pre-contracts r always scum nd 2 DUNDEE UTD!!what's he achieving with that?sum1 on radio scotland on sat nyt was saying that a captain shud never leave there club......v good point if u ask me.

I dont want to sound arrogant or anything but I dont  think you can really argue that Dundee United have more potential than ICT. Plus he will be able to double/ triple his wages. For an ambitious player Dundee United offers more than ICT can.

I am expecting a barrage of abuse for that but from an unbiased (as possible :003:) point of view thats how I see it (and Dods too evidently)

As for being underhand what did Barry Robson do?

Roscoe23, it's becoming increasingly apparent that your either on some kind of wind up mission or you know nothing about the circumstances surrounding players who have left the club or are leaving this summer.

I've already deleted one of your threads for the manner in which you refered to an ex-player, slow down and take a moment to think before throwing around infantile and ill-educated remarks such as the above.

Please also try and refrain from the constant use of txt speak as it makes for difficult reading.

I dont want to sound arrogant or anything but I dont  think you can really argue that Dundee United have more potential than ICT. Plus he will be able to double/ triple his wages. For an ambitious player Dundee United offers more than ICT can.

I am expecting a barrage of abuse for that but from an unbiased (as possible :003:) point of view thats how I see it (and Dods too evidently)

What a load of Tosh.  The money being offered by ICT had nothing to do with Dods decision to move, it was/is the length of contract he was being offered.  Dods didn't feel it was long enough to justify uprooting and moving up here on a permanent basis and the traveling has been taking it's toll on his private life.

y did u delete it?nd im supposed 2 respect the players that ave left/leaving?get a grip!thats wot its all about!i dont h8 them coz they all have their personal reasons and all have gone to big clubs.i was just saying none have been successful.so get a grip nd get with the times!it was a general forum?no1 was aving a go at ne1?u bender!nd yeh they teach u in school hw 2 write nd type properly u arab scum!bt kinda a fair comment!

is ur daughter good looking?joking!!!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

It's not just about whether Dundee Utd are a bigger club, sometimes players go to bigger clubs (Wyness is a classic example) and fade into the background. At Inverness Dargo is a superstar and plays with a swagger, at Dundee Utd he's a nobody and won't get anywhere near the respect and affection that ICT fans have for him. If he has a bad spell he'll be on the end of a torrent of abuse and quickly find himself on the bench. 'Bigger clubs' and their fans don't have much patience - and they'll throw you on the scrapheap and use their money to bring in new players to replace you on a whim.

Guest Arab4Ever

What a load of Tosh.  The money being offered by ICT had nothing to do with Dods decision to move, it was/is the length of contract he was being offered.  Dods didn't feel it was long enough to justify uprooting and moving up here on a permanent basis and the traveling has been taking it's toll on his private life.

I didnt say said that those were the reasons that Dods is moving. I simply suggested some possible reasons why he may move as that rosscoe guy couldnt think of any possibe reasons why a player might move from ICT to Dundee United.

Guest Arab4Ever

y did u delete it?nd im supposed 2 respect the players that ave left/leaving?get a grip!thats wot its all about!i dont h8 them coz they all have their personal reasons and all have gone to big clubs.i was just saying none have been successful.so get a grip nd get with the times!it was a general forum?no1 was aving a go at ne1?u bender!nd yeh they teach u in school hw 2 write nd type properly u arab scum!bt kinda a fair comment!

What a tool, I never once mentioned your spelling. And if I did have a daughter (or son) you would be the first person I kept her away from.

Oh Dear!!!!!

Rosscoe..................methinks you are on a short term placement on here???

Keep things neat and tidy and mind how you speak to the overlords. It's good to have young blood on here, but remember, most of what you are typing on here has already been typed.................maybe just in a different language..........

Take a day or two and look back through the pages and study what has been written, then come back on and write a 2000 word essay on ICT and the web site.

Now take 200 lines and be a good boy.

Guest Arab4Ever

It's not just about whether Dundee Utd are a bigger club, sometimes players go to bigger clubs (Wyness is a classic example) and fade into the background. At Inverness Dargo is a superstar and plays with a swagger, at Dundee Utd he's a nobody and won't get anywhere near the respect and affection that ICT fans have for him. If he has a bad spell he'll be on the end of a torrent of abuse and quickly find himself on the bench. 'Bigger clubs' and their fans don't have much patience - and they'll throw you on the scrapheap and use their money to bring in new players to replace you on a whim.

Il agree with that. One possible difference though is that Dods is coming with pretty much a gauranteed place (at the start of season anyway) and as potentially club captain (although personnally I think Robson should keep it) so his squad status could be in less doubt than Wyness's was. Not completely sure about that though, did Wyness become a first team regular straight away or did he have to wait about? If indeed he ever was.

Your right, if he fails to cut the mustard he will have a lot of fans on his back. I dunno if it happens at all clubs or just ones where a lot of fans have unreasonable expectations but the abuse some "arabs" give players is a disgrace. I dont mind if a player is gash (Sebo) but at least gives his all. Players like Lee Miller **** me off though when they have so much potential but are stuck up, lazy twats :008: