FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargs could stay..

Harry Chibber

What have Dargo and roscoe23 got in common? Neither are likely to feature on this website next season.....

I hope Dargs does, but just for information - Admin have issued a 24 hour ban to roscoe23 for the torrent of personal abuse directed at several posters. next time it is a week, if it happens after that it is sine-die. There is no need for it and it will no longer be tolerated.

I dont want to sound arrogant or anything but I dont  think you can really argue that Dundee United have more potential than ICT.

OK, I'll bite. (BTW you've just admitted that you CAN'T argue that Utd have more potential so that was very sporting  of you :015:)

Anyway:

DUFC have a bigger PAST. They've won a league championship and a couple of cups and had some European success. This is not potential. This is HISTORY.

They haven't won a thing since ICT was formed. Even while progressing up the lower leagues, ICT has done better than DUFC in the Scottish Cup.

Both clubs are equal at PRESENT. Despite a chairman who throws money at everything (and has few friends AFAIK), and a bedrock support which is, say, 20% bigger than ICT's, DUFC are ONE point ahead of ICT in the league (which may well change this weekend).

Like it or not, the long term picture is of support draining away from the smaller clubs to the large clubs (Man U, Celtic, Barca). It was happening while I was your age but be assured it's a lot worse now.

I work beside people who are happy to travel to England to use a season ticket for the Premiership. So arguing about ICT and DUFC as large clubs is like two bald men fighting over a comb.

However, if there is one area of the UK where this trend just might be slowed or reversed, it is Inverness, which is a **** of a long way from anywhere else. ICT is still in its first generation of supporters and in such a fast growing city there is a fair chance that these young fans will become parents and bring along their offspring, while a proportion of the incomers will also bring their families out of curiosity.

The crowds may eventually reach a critical mass where a bit of atmosphere is generated- at present too many people are bashful about the idea that their local club (which played in the Highland League till recently) is actually as good as any which comes up to visit. Ten years ago this week ICT were on the way to their div 3 title and even then many people could not believe it.

I said before that I have seen better players in a United shirt than you will ever see in the future. The reverse is true at ICT. ICT wages have gradually improved as the club has been sensibly run and we are no longer the worst payers in the SPL. Bigger names than Dargo, Brewster etc are still to arrive.

Therefore: ICT has the bigger Potential, ie FUTURE.

Guest birdog

I dont want to sound arrogant or anything but I dont  think you can really argue that Dundee United have more potential than ICT.

OK, I'll bite. (BTW you've just admitted that you CAN'T argue that Utd have more potential so that was very sporting  of you :015:)

Anyway:

DUFC have a bigger PAST. They've won a league championship and a couple of cups and had some European success. This is not potential. This is HISTORY.

They haven't won a thing since ICT was formed. Even while progressing up the lower leagues, ICT has done better than DUFC in the Scottish Cup.

Both clubs are equal at PRESENT. Despite a chairman who throws money at everything (and has few friends AFAIK), and a bedrock support which is, say, 20% bigger than ICT's, DUFC are ONE point ahead of ICT in the league (which may well change this weekend).

Like it or not, the long term picture is of support draining away from the smaller clubs to the large clubs (Man U, Celtic, Barca). It was happening while I was your age but be assured it's a lot worse now.

I work beside people who are happy to travel to England to use a season ticket for the Premiership. So arguing about ICT and DUFC as large clubs is like two bald men fighting over a comb.

However, if there is one area of the UK where this trend just might be slowed or reversed, it is Inverness, which is a **** of a long way from anywhere else. ICT is still in its first generation of supporters and in such a fast growing city there is a fair chance that these young fans will become parents and bring along their offspring, while a proportion of the incomers will also bring their families out of curiosity.

The crowds may eventually reach a critical mass where a bit of atmosphere is generated- at present too many people are bashful about the idea that their local club (which played in the Highland League till recently) is actually as good as any which comes up to visit. Ten years ago this week ICT were on the way to their div 3 title and even then many people could not believe it.

I said before that I have seen better players in a United shirt than you will ever see in the future. The reverse is true at ICT. ICT wages have gradually improved as the club has been sensibly run and we are no longer the worst payers in the SPL. Bigger names than Dargo, Brewster etc are still to arrive.

Therefore: ICT has the bigger Potential, ie FUTURE.

This post gets marked at 6/10 for the facts, I'm afraid I had to mark it down for going on and on when a simple feck off ye arab **** would have done :001:

This post however

Or feck aff ya arrogant Arab **** .. adn i think Rosscoe23 has promise - he is just being influenced by that offensive Wyness dude.
gets 11/10 for not only getting the message across but spotting the potential in Rosscoe23 I think with a little typing coaching and a wee bit of manners Rosscoe will make the grade of "posters able to bring life back to this forum" :021: