FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Buchanan Wants Caley Chance

RiG

Striker Liam Buchanan has warned that he cannot wait forever for Caley Thistle to decide whether to offer him a contract.

Cowdenbeath's Buchanan, who is out of contract at Central Park, has scored 23 goals for the Second Division Blue Brazil this season but has informed them of his desire to play full-time.

With Caley Thistle's Craig Dargo still weighing up his options and veteran forward Gary McSwegan unlikely to be offered a new deal, replacement forwards are an Inverness priority.

Buchanan would love to play with Caley Jags in the SPL but, having heard nothing from the club since his week's trial in January, he is now looking at other offers. He said: "I have just finished the season with Cowdenbeath and the plan is to take two weeks off from football before talking to my agent about the offers I have for next season.

"Waiting until pre-season for a new club is not something I would like to do - but if nothing comes up then it may be the only option I have.

"I would like to go full-time next season and Caley Thistle would be a good club for me.

"But if another offer comes in that appeals to me I will have to take it. I cannot pin my hopes on something which may not happen."

As Buchanan is 22, the Blue Brazil would be entitled to compensation if he moved but, according to Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett, this would not be a barrier.

Bennett said: "I have a meeting scheduled with Charlie Christie on Monday and I am sure Liam will be discussed.

"He has been a bit unfortunate in that the last time he came up that we had Craig Dargo, Dennis Wyness, Graham Bayne, Gary McSwegan and Rory McAllister all fully fit.

"However, we are thinking about bringing Liam back for pre-season training so hopefully we can sort something out."

Buchanan enjoyed his January spell at the Caledonian Stadium and would welcome the chance to work for the club on a full-time basis.

He said: "I'm a plumber to trade but full-time football on a day-to-day basis would certainly appeal to me.

"I enjoyed my time at Inverness earlier in the season and the players and management all treated me well.

"I played in the same boys' club as Ian Black and I stayed with him when I was training with the club.

"The ball is in Caley Thistle's court now, though. All I can do is wait for them to decide whether to follow up their interest."

*P & J Clicky*

From what I hear from the Cowden fans he is a really good player. Think we should go for him  :003:

I'd prefer Martin Johnstone.

30 something Martin Johnstone who is in the 3rd division?

He just looks old, he's only 28!!  :004:

Anyway he is joining Breachin after rejecting a full time contract from Dundee so that he can keep his well paid job

Guest Arab4Ever

I'd prefer Martin Johnstone.

30 something Martin Johnstone who is in the 3rd division?

He just looks old, he's only 28!!  :004:

Anyway he is joining Breachin after rejecting a full time contract from Dundee so that he can keep his well paid job

:015:

we should sign him as soon as.before a club like dundee utd,dunfermilne or maybe gretna go in 4 him.he would be an excellent signing..well better than rory and mcswegan and probably bayne 2.we'll have a good front line next year if we can keep dargs:

Dargs,Bayne,Wyness,Buchannan and Wood.

we should sign him as soon as.before a club like dundee utd,dunfermilne or maybe gretna go in 4 him.he would be an excellent signing..well better than rory and mcswegan and probably bayne 2.we'll have a good front line next year if we can keep dargs:

Dargs,Bayne,Wyness,Buchannan and Wood.

U have obviously seen Buchanan more than I have. There is a masssive difference between the SFL2 and SPL so CC should take his time on this one.

Marcus has done fine since stepping up and a lot of our team made an apparently impossible step up from SFL1 to the SPL. Granted we are talking about 2 steps up here but it can be done (see Marcus).

I don't think we should be so quick to write off the guy because he plays in SFL2. He will be moving on to a bigger club sooner rather than later. If we want him we should move for him.

Oh, text speak is ghey.

Marcus has done fine since stepping up and a lot of our team made an apparently impossible step up from SFL1 to the SPL. Granted we are talking about 2 steps up here but it can be done (see Marcus).

I don't think we should be so quick to write off the guy because he plays in SFL2. He will be moving on to a bigger club sooner rather than later. If we want him we should move for him.

Oh, text speak is ghey.

Who said anything about writing him off! The guy has no experience at this level but I'm sure CC and DP are better judges than anybody on this site. Like it or not, there are not that many players who can make the step up from lower grades to PL so who says he will join a "bigger club sooner rather than later". Let's wait and see.

20+ goals, even in Div2 is a decent strike rate and at only 22 years old he sounds like a very good prospect.

Like some others, I would be tempted to try and get him signed up before someone else does. I am sure CC/DP have probably had him watched, especially after going to the lengths of giving him a trial earlier in the season. If he signed and failed to produce the goods he could be farmed out on loan or sold to County  .....

my cousin is a cowden fan and he said 2 me how he would be devastated if buchanan left shortly after marcus. he also stated how buchannan is a much better player than marcus and we all know how well marcus has adapted to playing in the SPL. i think we should go for it and get him!

i have also gone to see morton play afew times this season and i pretty sure afew of their players are up to playing in th SPL. especially paul magowan and bobby linn

Who said anything about writing him off!

There is a masssive difference between the SFL2 and SPL so CC should take his time on this one.

Perhaps writing him off was a bit harsh but certainly appeared to be an element of doubt in your post about his ability.

The guy has no experience at this level

Neither did half of our team when they made the step up to the SPL. Not regular experience of the SPL anyway.

but I'm sure CC and DP are better judges than anybody on this site.

Gary McSwegan?  :016:

Like it or not, there are not that many players who can make the step up from lower grades to PL so who says he will join a "bigger club sooner rather than later". Let's wait and see.

But this guy clearly does. He wants to go full time, he wants a move. He wants to improve his game.

Who said anything about writing him off!

There is a masssive difference between the SFL2 and SPL so CC should take his time on this one.

Perhaps writing him off was a bit harsh but certainly appeared to be an element of doubt in your post about his ability.

The guy has no experience at this level

Wow - have I upset you RIG or do you have a problem someone you brand "ghey"?  :024:

Neither did half of our team when they made the step up to the SPL. Not regular experience of the SPL anyway.

but I'm sure CC and DP are better judges than anybody on this site.

Gary McSwegan?  :016:

Like it or not, there are not that many players who can make the step up from lower grades to PL so who says he will join a "bigger club sooner rather than later". Let's wait and see.

But this guy clearly does. He wants to go full time, he wants a move. He wants to improve his game.

we should maybe try sign stuart parnaby from boro....just been released,24 but i don't know what sort of wages he is on.

Ones we could never match. He will go to a Championship side or an L1 side who will still be able to outbid us.

we should maybe try sign stuart parnaby from boro....just been released,24 but i don't know what sort of wages he is on.

Grow up he probably earns more than 10 times aweek what our top earner gets  :018: