FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland U20

Andrew Fraser

Scotty,

Please excuse my ignorance but who are CRC? Costa Rica, Croatia?  My uncle lives not far from Burnaby, in White Rock, Surrey, BC, and hopes to get along to the final group game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

six groups of four?

how does that work in th latter stages

2 qualify from each group = 12

4 of the 6 4rd place teams also qualify = 4

12+4 = 16 ... knockout from there.

Guest Argyll Highlander

Just an update to let you all know that the unofficial and newly formed Victoria BC Canada Branch of the Tartan Army are fired up and ready to go for Sundays game.  10:15PM Scotland Time.  My son Cameron & I will be two of many in what should be a pro Scotland crowd for our game against Japan.  I don't expect our rendition of The Flower of Scotland to be the same blood stirring experience as what I see on YouTube back in Scotland at National games but I'm looking forward to belting it out!!  (Sitting beside my English Mate - Jacko!!)  <--*******..    kinddin..... 

Lets hope we play well,  saw our boys training today at St. Michael's School,  they were playing Simon Says.....   

Simon Says "Lets kick some ***!!"   

GO SCOTLAND!!        :sillywave:

3-1 and did we look shyte, even our goal was lucky, a sclaff deceived the keeper!

Is that keeper poor, the defenders were not much better, just a hump up the park most of the time.

Mind you, the jap team were brill and it shows how far we have been left behind, the only time we troubled them was when we got stuck in and went physical.

3-1 and did we look shyte, even our goal was lucky, a sclaff deceived the keeper!

Is that keeper poor, the defenders were not much better, just a hump up the park most of the time.

Mind you, the jap team were brill and it shows how far we have been left behind, the only time we troubled them was when we got stuck in and went physical.

Dunno bout that i think during the stages when we were on top it was due to the pace of our play, rather than our physicality's(you gotta love spell check). I don't think the Japanese could keep up.

However I agree that the Japanese were a far more complete team. I still think we can beat them with a few games under our belt.

Plain and simple, the japanese team could pass and defend, if we could of managed those two simple things we wouldnt of been humped in such an embarassing fashion. I dont think the japanese team were anything particularly special i just think they did the simple things well and that in essence is the basis of a organised team.

It didnt help that our keeper couldnt hold a cold!!! Anyone know who the reserve keeper is? Get McNeil on the plane home!

Guest TinCanFan

To be fair he did make a couple of good saves but the mistake was as bad as his hair-cut.  Japan looked far the better team even when it came to the celebration!

That was an embarrassment even without the mistakes by McNeill. We did look better when we came at them with pace in the passing rather than humping it long (where have we heard that before during last season  :023: ).

I suppose it was on the cards that when a nation the size of Japan got interested in fitba they were going to blow us away like most of the other bigger nations.

I think if the ref had been European rather than Mexican he'd have done a bit more about the Japanese cheating and diving, there were times out there when it was like watching the Jambos  :015: :015: He also seemed to have no idea about handball.