FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Comments in the Courier.

FortressICT

Grahem Linton's Sports Comment column in the courier on friday had a few points which were complete and utter crap....

"With McCaffery set to be his chance to impress alongside Grant Munro, the need for a defender is not so paramount - and finding someone with expierence who is prepared to come to the highland capital and initially sit on the bench could prove difficult.

With the rest of the squad intact, however, Christie has the luxury of time on his side - unlike some of his counterparts who are having to rebuild large parts of their team.

You can be sure the likes of new motherwell manager Mark McGhee and Gretna manager davie irons would secretly love to trade places with Christie,who boasts a large, settled squad that does not require many additions."

"the need for a defender is not so paramount"  - we need a defender.no question.

"Christie has the luxury of time on his side" - how??he has to sign at least 2 strikers,a defender and a winger wouldn't go a miss.and there has been hardly an activity.

"who boasts a large" - our squad right now is probably the smallest and weekest in the division(bar gretna).

and then it had fans views from on here.and a guy "us2" said -

"I am hoping for a 6th place finish, or perhaps 7th, but why not hope for top four and some silverware in the trophy cabinet as we deserve a bit of luck in the cups this season."

Think he's being way to over ambitious considering the size of squad and no real targets just now.we'll be lucky if we finish above 9th/10th if we don't sign anyone or just 1 striker.

Hi just to let you know us2 are a mum and son duo hence 'us 2', and ok I agree, we would all love to see some new signings. BUT, why not hope for a higher position isn't that what everyone would love to get.  We have been unlucky quite a few times with results in previous seasons cup matches, and if we recreated our away form at home well who knows where we could end up.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, and that is ours.

fair enough "us 2" i get where your coming from in the cups.celtic last season was so gutting.we didnt deserve to lose that game.we do deserve luck in the cups.so maybe we could put a good run together but i don't think we're gonna do well in the league this season.

Grahem Linton's Sports Comment column in the courier on friday had a few points which were complete and utter crap....

"With McCaffery set to be his chance to impress alongside Grant Munro, the need for a defender is not so paramount - and finding someone with expierence who is prepared to come to the highland capital and initially sit on the bench could prove difficult.

With the rest of the squad intact, however, Christie has the luxury of time on his side - unlike some of his counterparts who are having to rebuild large parts of their team.

You can be sure the likes of new motherwell manager Mark McGhee and Gretna manager davie irons would secretly love to trade places with Christie,who boasts a large, settled squad that does not require many additions."

"the need for a defender is not so paramount"  - we need a defender.no question.

"Christie has the luxury of time on his side" - how??he has to sign at least 2 strikers,a defender and a winger wouldn't go a miss.and there has been hardly an activity.

"who boasts a large" - our squad right now is probably the smallest and weekest in the division(bar gretna).

"I am hoping for a 6th place finish, or perhaps 7th, but why not hope for top four and some silverware in the trophy cabinet as we deserve a bit of luck in the cups this season."

Think he's being way to over ambitious considering the size of squad and no real targets just now.we'll be lucky if we finish above 9th/10th if we don't sign anyone or just 1 striker.

I don't think he needs to sign at least two strikers, we need one striker.  We don't need a winger either.

I agree with you that we need a defender.  I think we were lucky last season to get through with basically five defenders in the squad.

I don't think he needs to sign at least two strikers, we need one striker.  We don't need a winger either.

I agree with you that we need a defender.  I think we were lucky last season to get through with basically five defenders in the squad.

we've lost two strikers over the close season though, do you think we can honestly cope with bayne , Wyness, Mcallister and A.n.other? baring in mind the injuries we had last season, 3 stikers and a youngster isnt exactly a strong situation to be in.

IMO we need two strikers, an experienced centre half and a utility player in the same mould as David proctor who can cover most defensive positions in case of injury.

Generally we have relied on three strikers with one back up for the last few seasons.  Last season it was Bayne, Dargo and Wyness with Rory as back up, season before Wyness, Brewster and Dargo played most games against with McAllister as back up.

The squad is crying out for defender.  We have four solid and consistent performers who give 100 per cent every week.  However look at last season we went the entire season picking up no or few injury and suspensions to that department.  But McCaffrey covered when necessary.

Next season we might not be as lucky and could struggle big time.  Ideally we need two, possibly even three squad players to add competition and act as cover.

The midfield is no great concern, Cowie can play wide right, Ranks and Marcus can play left hand side.  However that position can wait untill January. 

and obv a striker(s) is a must.  All the talk is about attracting players from the central belt, what about european players. Think Grassa is heading over to Romania next week..

We also have Zander as a striker and Jamie Duff for defensive cover. Cowie and Gary Wood coming in for midfield. I believe those players are all capable of making an impact in the squad. We do need another two or three players if we are going to stay competitive in the reserve league but I dont think we're really desperate at the minute. 

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Zander Sutherland will probably come into the team and be as good as a new signing. If Rory trains like a beast pre-season perhaps he could be the same?

Barry Wilson and Richie Hart have both played as auxillary strikers for us in the past and done well, Markus and Rankin could probably play up there aswell.