FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Vote Of Thanks

Guest sophia

Guest sophia

Please join me in thanking Scotty and CaleyD for giving us a ball to play with.

This latest tweak is just the latest, I'm sure it won't be the last, in a long line of improvements for our perusing pleasure.

It's a probability that many of us take the facility this site offers very much for granted.

It's a place for chummy chat on travel arrangements to debate on social issues to what exactly happened at "Boots Corner".

But most of all its a place for to get closer to our team.

Chaps, thanks for your efforts.

Great thumbs up to the developers. It is indeed something we do tend to take for granted and forget that volunteers who put in a significant amount of time are important in the team effort to build this club up from its diddy beginnings. Good that the website will be improved for the visit of Glasgow Rangers.

Aye, they are doing a grand job.............the cheque is in the post

I thought the site is a bit slower than previous, but will see how it runs over the next day or two.

Thanks Sophia - appreciate it.

HC ...  :blah01:

C1C3 ...  :021:

TM4TJ ... it probably is a little slower as we have enabled SEF urls so the database has to do more work before displaying the page. SEF urls for those that dont know are the nice readable urls you now see on the main pages and forum pages in place of the ones that were there before. we will monitor the performance and if it becomes an issue, review it.

I thought the site is a bit slower than previous, but will see how it runs over the next day or two.

I thought you more than most on here would understand the impact of age  :001:.

At 13 yrs old this website is an old man in terms of the WWW and those of you who met Scotty last time he was over would have seen the thinning and greying hair to prove it  :015:

We've all (well most of us) read the books about the rise and rise of ICT and perhaps one day Scotty could be talked into writing his book about the rise and rise of CaleyThistleOnline.com.  There's penty to tell, even from the time i've been involved, and the story is far bigger and probably far more interesting than many people realise.

Thanks for the thanks, as Scotty said it is appreciated.  Despite having fallen out with just about every member of the site at some point in time I've still met more than my share of great people - and that's what makes it all worthwhile.....I think!!!  :004:

feck me, I think I'm gonna weep ..... where's IHE when you need him  :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07:

ps - wish it was more than the hair that was thinning :lol:

Guest birdog

Hmmmm seems off topic threads are allowed when they blow sunshine up mods arses :024:

EDIT:- perhaps merge it with the comments, bugs etc thread so that people reading it have to sift through a heap of crap before they find the part they want to read :tic01:

Hmmmm seems off topic threads are allowed when they blow sunshine up mods arses :024:

After your comments yesterday, it is apparent that you have a big problem with this site .... or perhaps it is myself or CaleyD ? no matter .... although I find it strange, considering how often you visit and lurk ....... If you dont like it why do you visit so often.

At the end of the day, [although I happen to agree that this thread should be in AG] It is me (or one of the mods) who will decide if a thread stays in a particular forum or is moved elsewhere. If you want to make that decision instead, start your own forum !!! You might find out how much work is involved and be less of a moaning bar steward. In fact - as it pisses you off so much, I will leave it right here. might even stickie it .....

EDIT:- perhaps merge it with the comments, bugs etc thread so that people reading it have to sift through a heap of crap before they find the part they want to read :tic01:
and why would we merge it with that thread - not related.

:sunny01: :sunny01: :sunny01: :sunny01: :sunny01: :sunny01: :sunny01: :sunny01:

Thought I'd just give you some sunshine for your erse Scotty

:moon2:  a carbon offsetting moon for those.

Since the site went China Friendly it's been a boon...xie xie (thanks) 

Scotty

After your wee rant above, how lucky you are to only have the one critic!

Imagine if you were CC with Clacher and co gunning for you, on here, all the time!!

(Work permit problem- ''It is all CC's fault''  Inferring he should be an expert in international law as are all other managers!, -''I dislike his press speak'' - He is one of the few manager with an excellent presentation whilst being interviewed.) On here some will criticise for the sake of it, in my opinion.

The new site is super!  Well done to the boffins!

Yes well done guys, some of us do know just how much time you spend working away in the background preparing updates such as this as well as all the day to day hassle.  But we know you love it too.  :003:

:021: :021: :021: :021: :021: