FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

NICULAE

Sorry but I am not impressed with my first impressions and hopefully I will be proved wrong. He is clearly not fit and he needs matches - his movement and touch are evidently class but he has a "feel" of arrogance about him. He was quite dramatic today and had a go at a few players when it was his fitness and pace to blame. I was surprised that most chose to ignore him or apologise - even when he was in the wrong.

Arrogance can be a "weapon" but he has to become a team player.

Comments ?

Firstly, I had many of the same thoughts as you.  Possibly just not used to playing in this league and with these players, and once he grabs a firm holding on how ICT play, then he will be a great acquisition.  My mate who came with me today remarked that he did look a bit fat, I must say I agreed with him.

He looked good overall for a first showing in my opinion, took about 15 minutes to get into the game, and his first touch was a little suspect at times.  There were some good touches however, but he tired towards the end.  Once he loses a bit of weight he is going to become a star for us I reckon.

His arrogance will go.  Or at least, I hope it goes.

Totally agree, was just about to post the exact same. He looked as if he expected everyone to get the ball to him and whenever that happened he didn't alway do something with it. He had at go at almost everyone for not passing to him at some stage and his fitness wasn't great (I know he isnt match fit and this will come).

I think we can tell from this that the signing of Marius has not gone down well with everyone yet. I think once he settles down things will get better, he just has to be paient.

I was a radio fan today and he hardly got a mention in the first half other than fouling a couple of guys. Too much hype surrounding his coming, he has had some build up but may prove to be a flop. Bring back Rory at least we can fill the gap with somebody who comes in a lot cheaper and won't cause the same unrest.

I was a radio fan today and he hardly got a mention in the first half other than fouling a couple of guys. Too much hype surrounding his coming, he has had some build up but may prove to be a flop. Bring back Rory at least we can fill the gap with somebody who comes in a lot cheaper and won't cause the same unrest.

Get a grip!

It's far too soon to start debating whether Marius is overhyped, or causing unrest, or a primadonna. He's not match fit yet, he's also unused to the pace and physicality of the SPL, and as he's had such a bad recent history of injuries, it's understandable that he might take a while to start mixing it properly. If we're being realistic, we should be waiting until at least the second round of SPL matches before we can expect to see the best of him - not that that really helps us if we're already struggling against relegation, of course.

My impressions were that it was a reasonable debut where he showed flashes of his ability, laid the ball off well once or twice, showed that he has some skill with the ball at his feet and showed that he also has some presence in the air. I wasn't really aware of him having a go at his teammates, but if he was, perhaps that just shows willingness to do well and commitment to the cause?

Time, gentlemen, please - it's a bit hypocritical of us to start accusing the team of being unsettled when we're already having a go at players after 75 minutes of football.    

Eh you are joking ?

It's far too soon to start debating whether Marius is overhyped, or causing unrest, or a primadonna. He's not match fit yet, he's also unused to the pace and physicality of the SPL, and as he's had such a bad recent history of injuries, it's understandable that he might take a while to start mixing it properly. If we're being realistic, we should be waiting until at least the second round of SPL matches before we can expect to see the best of him - not that that really helps us if we're already struggling against relegation, of course.

My impressions were that it was a reasonable debut where he showed flashes of his ability, laid the ball off well once or twice, showed that he has some skill with the ball at his feet and showed that he also has some presence in the air. I wasn't really aware of him having a go at his teammates, but if he was, perhaps that just shows willingness to do well and commitment to the cause?

Time, gentlemen, please - it's a bit hypocritical of us to start accusing the team of being unsettled when we're already having a go at players after 75 minutes of football. 

spot on!!  :clapping03:

Sorry but I am not impressed with my first impressions and hopefully I will be proved wrong. He is clearly not fit and he needs matches - his movement and touch are evidently class but he has a "feel" of arrogance about him. He was quite dramatic today and had a go at a few players when it was his fitness and pace to blame. I was surprised that most chose to ignore him or apologise - even when he was in the wrong.

Arrogance can be a "weapon" but he has to become a team player.

Comments ?

Sorry mate I would completely disagree, in the first half he was easily head and shoulders above everyone, touch of class I thought.  He seemed to mix it when he needed to but held the ball well and made plenty of headers and with purpose I just thought he was playing with the wrong person... imagine Dargo and Niculae upfront... we would have scored 3+ in the first half IMO.  I thought in the second half he looked tired but probably because he hasn't made a full first team game in almost a year, which has to be expected.  I think we can expect big things from him, it seemed as though the Scottish game will suit him well he just needs to find the net!

He looked good IMO. Considering that's his first competitive game in ages, in a totally new enviroment, then I'm looking forward to seeing him even more once he adapts.

He won most of the headers he went for, held the ball up well, and put himself about. He needs someone nippy playing off him....not Wyness, not Bayne, but McDonald.

Those two could really click, and I hope CC gives them a shot next weekend.

:crazy07: Read the opening post - fer fecks sake.  :029:

I was merely trying to stimulate discussion and I clearly dleineated that it was a first impression - and some agree  :sillywave:. It has been seen before with the likes of Annelka, Henry, Sebo etc. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. As I said the guy looks class and needs time to get match fit and sharp. He was however gesticulating a lot, as the Latins tend to do, but it certainly irritated me. If he lives up to his billing than he can feel free to gesticulate and I will support him. But you should not be arrogant until you are fit enuff to defend yerself.

If he fits in he will be sooperb.  :022:

:crazy07: Read the opening post - fer fecks sake.  :029:

I was merely trying to stimulate discussion and I clearly dleineated that it was a first impression - and some agree  :sillywave:. It has been seen before with the likes of Annelka, Henry, Sebo etc. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. As I said the guy looks class and needs time to get match fit and sharp. He was however gesticulating a lot, as the Latins tend to do, but it certainly irritated me. If he lives up to his billing than he can feel free to gesticulate and I will support him. But you should not be arrogant until you are fit enuff to defend yerself.

If he fits in he will be sooperb.  :022:

I get what you are saying but I have yet to meet a striker that isn't up his own @rse, it comes with the territory.

He seemed to mix it, which was my main concern with bringing in a foreign player but he at least showed that he wont be pushed over.. he needs to play with a goal scorer though and Wyness played too deep rather than playing off him.

Whether good or bad it will take time - but at least today's performance was a major improvement's on last weeks and even McGhee was supportive - this is going to be a long season andwith not much between 4 or 5 teams we definitely need goals from our strikers on a regular basis but they should only be playing if fully match fit  :024:

The answer KK is yes - what makes it evn worse is that the old git appears to be serious.  :crazy07:

Kencar - the brutal truth is that Niculae was clearly NOT match fit yesterday and should not have played from the start. He was yards off the pace and CC did not do him, nor the team, any favours with the decision. Bayne was probably not fully fit either and the way he was utilised was correct. We could have always gone for Deano. These are professional footballers and they obviously know the score and IMHO Niculae was played due to the pressure of the signing and possibly the wages and possibly orders from above. It was a decision that undoubtedly hampers his integration into the squad and creates friction.

He could be a real bonus to us so lets hope it gets sorted out quick.

Thanks for answering for me IHE.

Why should he be immune to crticism. If he is not up to it he should suffer the same fate as the rest, publicly pilloried and villified. Maybe CC was under pressure to deliver and his hand was forced into playing Marius. By all accounts he is not ready to play yet. He will hopefully prove to be a good aquisition, but he will only get pass marks if he delivers and a run of poor performances will only lead to unrest in the camp.

Whats Latin about Rumania?    Discuss

Good debut from where I was sitting..............just to the left of Johndo's trousers if you are watching on telly.

Worked hard, good touch, very aware and obviously with a good brain. Played one ball across the 6 yard box which deserved to be turned in. One worry was that it seemed to me it was his decision to stay on when well passed it. I'm sure I saw him communicating with the bench and saying he was OK .......not your decision boy!!

A bigger problem seems to be who to play him with. My feeling is Denzil.............please can he get some goals soon........he needs cheering up! Deano is a big worry for me........he doesn't look up to it