FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Something is wrong ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ictgirl

I've been to the both games and don't see how people can say they think there may be something wrong with the team!!! Admittedly the team haven't played as together as we would like, but Motherwell was an improvement on Rangers!  I think the person we should ask questions from is Charlie...afterall he picks the team.  He made a few changes at Motherwell and things seemed to be looking up in the first half.  BUT he made the wrong choices with the strikers.  Now this is what really p'd me off...firstly we all knew Marius would be starting purely to justify the money spent but is it fair to start a striker who has not played one game yet?! should he have started?! Then CC takes Wyness off for Bayne...how come?! Bayne has been injured since Keith away in pre season, he trained for two days but managed to come on first. McDonald has been slated for being "disinterested" personally i didn't think he did but at the same time if he did who could blame him.  He may have sustained an injury before the Rangers game but he is back to full training, the only way players are going to gain fitness is to be played...i wouldn't have wanted to come on for 10 minutes either!!! CC needs to decide on his front two and given that Marius is likely to play every game without fail it leaves him to decide on one more striker...surely that can't be that hard!!! Given that McDonald has proved he is a goalscorer - what is it 5 goals in 6 games (pre season and reserves)?!

CC make your mind up and stick with a team and let them gel together...no good swapping and changing week in week out.

CC make your mind up and stick with a team and let them gel together...no good swapping and changing week in week out.

Thing is he always needs to make one or two tweaks to the set up based upon what ICT are about to come up against. But nothing along the lines of say Hearts proportions.

I go to most away games and there's been no need to get 3 kids to join in the singing - where were you?  We make plenty noise with singing, rattles and hooters.  Our meagre but regular home support  try to make plenty of noise and only when, only when, ICT seem to be going down do the away support go quiet.  What do you expect? :blah01:

Laff if ya may but my job is a lot to do with observation and intuition. That was not a together ICT out there today. There is a lot of bitching going on and pointing of the fingers. The team spirit and "all fer one" ethos that has served us well fer years, and helped us survived, is sadly missing. We lost our shape today and the game because it appeared that some players decided to do their own thing - or was it tactical - which would be even worse.

I have never seen so much moaning and whingeing and lack of camaraderie. Am I wrong? Please tell me that I am - If not we are in deep ****tt if we dont sort it out pronto.

:024:

• 2 months later...

Laff if ya may but my job is a lot to do with observation and intuition. That was not a together ICT out there today. There is a lot of bitching going on and pointing of the fingers. The team spirit and "all fer one" ethos that has served us well fer years, and helped us survived, is sadly missing. We lost our shape today and the game because it appeared that some players decided to do their own thing - or was it tactical - which would be even worse.

I have never seen so much moaning and whingeing and lack of camaraderie. Am I wrong? Please tell me that I am - If not we are in deep ****tt if we dont sort it out pronto.

Does this sum up today ? I have had this feeling, at different levels, throughout this season - Summat stinks at ICT.  :018:

When IHE started this thread, CC was in charge of the team...

When he left, Grassa and Savage assured us that Brewster was the players' choice to replace him.

Unfortunately the boost the team undoubtedly experienced on Brew's re-appointment has been very short lived....

Where do Grassa and Savage go from here...?

Something clearly is wrong  - When and how will it be addressed...?

our defenders clearly believe the linesman is part of our own rearguard. never seen them with arms in the air screaming for offside so much ever instead of actually playing to the bloody whistle.

defensive problems are plainly obvious but dont think brewster or c c  before him know their best team. we need settled side out there. so far competition for places is producing nervous performances all over the park when the opposite should be true.its there the problem lays, nothing more sinister me thinks

Fer once I aint taking the ****. There is summat seriously wrong within the club and it is spreading on to the playing field.

I didn't see any evidence of that on the pitch today. We were just awful, pish, crap, tosh.....bad day at the office for most of the team.

If you'd managed to see a bit more of the Falkirk game you would have seen that the team spirit is still very much there. It's a credit to the players that no matter how 5hit they are all playing, there was no carping or laying blame at each other.

Surely now Brewster knows that Niculae & Wyness are the automatic choices for the front two. The midfield looks fine, and if he can sort out the defence and get a decent keeper in January then we will be ok.

I'm with IHE on this one.  I thought things had settled down when Brewster arrived, indeed our performances seemed to improve almost immediately as was evidenced at Easter Road.  We have the same players and same manager as we had during that spell but things have again started to go pear shaped.  If you step back and look at things beyond what;s happening on the pitch it is as obvious as the nose on your face that something else is causing the problem.

Not saying Brewster or the players are blameless but it is something else that is the catalyst.

our defenders clearly believe the linesman is part of our own rearguard. never seen them with arms in the air screaming for offside so much ever instead of actually playing to the bloody whistle.

Maccaffery in particular I noticed doing this alot, and almost to great cost...he backed off an oncoming player countless times, and then tried to call offside as they made their way through an obviously gaping defence. Yes the linesman made a couple bad calls where a Motherwell player was off and didn't get spotted, but the Caley defence, as I've quoted here, should play for the whistle insead of crying each time a ball is played between them!

Something is wrong when the posters on this site have no idea what is happening and the views are so diverse. There is no sense of stability at the moment. This is by far our worse six months ever - just look at all the crap that has happened. If that isnt unsettling then what the feck is.

i would have to agree something is up.

might be coming from a laymans eyes but surely the captain should be the one that calls the shots ?? okay maybe Granty is new at this but Brew has chosin to stick with him so thats the way it is, ut did anybody else notice Caff screaming till he was blue in the face at all and sundry yet achieving very little?

is this a vote of no confidence in Granty or a player on his way out the door desperatley trying to prove his worth to cling on to his spot?

Tug - if you were to attend the Reserves Games where the crowd numbers are minimal, you would note that when Caff is in the team, he shouts non-stop at whoever is nearest and will listen (usually only the younger or newer members of the team) despite not being team captain.  That's Caff's way, and it must have been quiet on Saturday for you to notice his shouting, more than usual.

I'm sure it's not any slur against whoever is captain - he would even have shouted if it was Darren Dods! despite his size. 

• 2 weeks later...

Come on - give me an argument against.  :024: And i said it on the 2nd game of the season.

• 3 months later...

Come on IHE you're the man who's usually " reliably informed " and you're normally fairly good with the intuition.

What's your take on the situation ?

I'm not incidently, disagreeing with you, merely interested in your opinion.

Do you think it's the "Niculae factor", Brewster's management (although your thread was started in the CC reign), or more of a problem steming from the Boardroom ?