FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Get the long knives out

tm4tj

...........and it's everyones fault.

We have Brew reverting to type, lack of substitutions at the right time, Marius not up to it, Bayne starting, worst ever performance, long ball rubbish, disillusionment, Caff not good enough, Mikey not of the required standard, Hastings not in Canada, Tokely posted missing, pontification.......what, yes, pontification, no Dods, pre season in the Highland League, dilly and dally, (bit like Ant & Dec), hysteria, Dean Macdonald, reverse psychology, mismanagement, wages, pass backs, penalties, you tube, sharp intakes of breath, students on roll-ups, and names being hidden by numbers on the away tops.

All this because we lost a game of football to Aberdeen.  By all accounts the main difference was our unforced errors....................what the heck, we have played some decent stuff so far this year and yes we need a couple of players.  Lets all have a reality check.........ok mine is done, we are in the SPL, we will not win it, we will not get relegated this season, and we will not win all of our games, but hey, lets have a blame culture, it has to be someones fault.  Lets blame the fans for whipping up the frenzy. :010:

A very sensible post. If we an secure a reliable goalkeeper and an adaquate replacement for Dods during the january window I'm confident we will finish the season no worse than ninth with the possibility of a decent run in the main cup competition into the bargain.

tm4tj, we're all entitled to have our say.  The sad part of your 'get things in perspective' post is that people moaning about everything on your list is totally valid.  Maybe not as an over reaction to losing to Aberdeen but we all pay our money and should expect a reasonable level of professionalism in return, at all levels.

Is it too easy to say that the current mess is all down to Chalrie Christie and Bennet? 

No, EWS, but where's the support part of Supporters?   That said, a replacement for Darren Dods has been overdue since the 1st day he said he was going to the Arabs - so, who's to blame?   The whole current situation revolves around that position within the team.  The defence has not been the same in any game since Dods left.

Excellent post by TM4TJ - thank you.

Have faith everyone, one day soon we will win against the Reds and then, there may be no stopping ICT!  I look forward to that day, surely it cannot be too far away, as Aberdeen were not that great last night.  But - we may have to wait until after the January window and we play them again on 2nd January 2008 - can (or will) we celebrate then (please!).

Unfortunately - as I said after the Motherwell away match - Something is wrong  :024:

Totally accept the reality check but our general level of performance has been poor this season and mistakes have been made - but its got feck all to do with reverse psychology - or is this reverse psychology ?  :001:

Guest donmac298

All these gripes are not "because we lost a game of football to Aberdeen".  The standard of football the players are giving us has been sub-standard for far too long and personally I, for one, am getting sick and tired of it.  I do not expect us to ever win the league but I can not see us even getting sixth place with the very ordinary team we have at the moment.  I reckon it will be another five years before Fraser is in his prime so I wouldn't be too hard on the lad but too many of the others have to stand up and be counted.  There again I think some of them are already at their peak and are not going to get any better.  That, in my book, is the reality of the situation.

Aye Mannie, i can see ya now, sitting on yer beachfront patio, relaxing on the sun lounger, guinness in one hand, joint in the other, humming ' be happy....'  :015:

Would things be rosy if we were equal bottom with Gretna? every supporter has views and concerns, quite rightly, some negative some positive.

We are now heading to matches wondering what team is going to turn up!  

The fact is that some people on these boards think they have all the inside knowlege and a conspiracy is constantly lurking around the corner.  There isn't.

We need a solid SPL quality central defender to play beside Munro and HELP him through a game rather than Munro trying to help "slider" Mccaffrey through one,  because its very clear to everyone now what a massive player Dods was for us.

Secondly we're playing a goalkeeper who hasn't featured at any standard of league football and expecting him to be the next Jim Calder/Mark Brown.    Without doubt we'll be looking for a keeper in January and hopefully Mikey Fraser can go to Peterhead or somwhere like that,  where his mistakes are going to be less harshly criticised and gain some valuable confidence.

Who on this thread was actually there?

It was a freak result, like the time we lost 3-1 at Dundee at New Year 2005 and then went on a long unbeaten run. We gifted them 3 goals which ended the game and I have to say Mikey looked at fault for the 4th too. We actually played far better than the league game where again we gifted them 2 goals. The midfield controlled huge spells of the game.

That's the good news.

The bad news is, the defence needs sorted, pronto.

Also some people say we can't score goals (except against the diddy teams). But if you look at the SPL table our 15 goals is about average.

Criticise away EWS, you are pretty good at it. 

There are a lot of valid points, especially the lack of defensive signings, that for me is the biggest issue, but to say we are not playing well and even to suggest it's the worst we have played since joining the SPL is lies, **** lies, of course I will clarify that by saying it is only my opinion.  We played great football at Easter road, tearing Hibs apart........we still lost 1-0, through bad luck and another penalty, slightly harsh but nonetheless a penalty, but we did play well. We tore Falkirk a new erse, and also lost a couple of goals to them, but we did play well, yes we made errors, but we still played well.  I was not at last nights game, but reliable sources have told me we gifted the game to Aberdeen despite playing decent football.  Yes only one winner, especially after giving them a two goal start, which turned into a three goal start through another blunder from our inexperienced keeper, but in doing so and then chasing the game, we still created enough to get back level.  Some of the posts coming in make it sound like we will be relegated but for Gretna, the living dream team.  Sorry, I don't buy that as I believe we will finish above one or two others, notably Falkirk, St Mirren and Motherwell, with Killie and Hearts not much further ahead.

Criticism/opinions are great, but don't confuse it with lies, which lead the weak astray and down the road to ruin, a road of doom and gloom from which there is no return and probably two new teams in the Highland League.

Brew will come in for some flak as well, I don't think it is justified either, he is not perfect, but he is the manager, our job is to get behind him unless the situation becomes perilously close to relegation, but we are a long way away from that.  How many managers do we see asking women when he should make a substitution, don't recall that happening this year, or even asking someone in the stand when he should make the substitution.  I say let the guy get on with his job, after all, he will rise or fall by the decisions he makes.

Lets look at it from my perspective.  We are out of the CIS cup.  We never lost any ground in the SPL, our SPL goal difference did not suffer, we never beat the Dons (boo hoo) but hey nobody died.  If that is too happy clappy for you then drink more, all will become clear.

If you want to see football with panache, go over the btidge with some of our deserters and feel the second division, yes folks the second division, because that is what failure looks like.

How many managers do we see asking women when he should make a substitution, don't recall that happening this year, or even asking someone in the stand when he should make the substitution. 

WTF do you mean by that? Why even differentiate between men and women having an opinion? Do you think your opinion is more valid than mine because you're male?

Criticise away EWS, you are pretty good at it. 

There are a lot of valid points, especially the lack of defensive signings, that for me is the biggest issue, but to say we are not playing well and even to suggest it's the worst we have played since joining the SPL is lies, **** lies, of course I will clarify that by saying it is only my opinion.  We played great football at Easter road, tearing Hibs apart........we still lost 1-0, through bad luck and another penalty, slightly harsh but nonetheless a penalty, but we did play well. We tore Falkirk a new erse, and also lost a couple of goals to them, but we did play well, yes we made errors, but we still played well.  I was not at last nights game, but reliable sources have told me we gifted the game to Aberdeen despite playing decent football.  Yes only one winner, especially after giving them a two goal start, which turned into a three goal start through another blunder from our inexperienced keeper, but in doing so and then chasing the game, we still created enough to get back level.  Some of the posts coming in make it sound like we will be relegated but for Gretna, the living dream team.  Sorry, I don't buy that as I believe we will finish above one or two others, notably Falkirk, St Mirren and Motherwell, with Killie and Hearts not much further ahead.

Criticism/opinions are great, but don't confuse it with lies, which lead the weak astray and down the road to ruin, a road of doom and gloom from which there is no return and probably two new teams in the Highland League.

Brew will come in for some flak as well, I don't think it is justified either, he is not perfect, but he is the manager, our job is to get behind him unless the situation becomes perilously close to relegation, but we are a long way away from that.  How many managers do we see asking women when he should make a substitution, don't recall that happening this year, or even asking someone in the stand when he should make the substitution.  I say let the guy get on with his job, after all, he will rise or fall by the decisions he makes.

Lets look at it from my perspective.  We are out of the CIS cup.  We never lost any ground in the SPL, our SPL goal difference did not suffer, we never beat the Dons (boo hoo) but hey nobody died.  If that is too happy clappy for you then drink more, all will become clear.

If you want to see football with panache, go over the btidge with some of our deserters and feel the second division, yes folks the second division, because that is what failure looks like.

At least one old git has a positive tale from last night.  :rotflmao:

Thought that would wake you up from your self imposed exile.

Did you see me type my opinion is more valid because I am male?  How is the second division anyway, is it easier to understand for you.

It all comes down to one thing IMO, and that's the fact that the fans are angry and upset and nothing is being done to reassure them that the things are under control, be that performances on the pitch or the actions of those behind the scenes and upstairs.  The sooner the club get back to communicating properly and regularly with the fans, the sooner the constant negative edge to everything will subside.

ICT are a nightmare when it comes to PR these days.  I forget the last piece of positive press that come from within the club, and everything they touch or get involved with seems to get screwed up, so it's no wonder people are constantly complaining.  We have nothing to get excited about and nothing to look forward too.  It doesn't take much to communicate with the fans, to quell the rumours and quash the conspiracy theories.  By burying their head in the sand over things and making no comments they only serve to fuel the belief that things are amiss.

I'm not in exile, TM4TJ, I post every few days or have you been so wrapped up in your testosterone fuelled arrogance you only see your own posts?

Just remember - everyone is allowed an opinion, even if it isn't yours :023:

And its those who watched us lose 4-1 to Obredeen who are being dramatic  :023:

I'm glad youve had your say and and put Mee and the rest of the women in their place, it was a good read and for many will be a great remedy to alot of the crap thats been posted on here recently.

All said, it cant be denied that theres a lot going on within the first team squad, management and the corridor(s) of power to suggest that things could slowly be going tits up at ICT.

Absurd overreaction. who ever said getting into the SPL and staying there was going to be a cakewalk? Everybody knows we got problems at the back, but they are not insoluble, and we've got lots of potential going forward. there's plenty to look forward to.  :011:

Turd response. SPL survival will always be first and foremost - we can move on and consolidate and progress - but BIG BIG mistakes have been made in 2007 which have affected the style and standard of play and threatened our togetherness and our SPL status - if not fer Gretna.

Who is to blame ?

O.K. so I lost that post--must have been the Smileys ; always someone else to blame isn't it.

Sigh--anyway Clacher please elucidate on your dark and mystic comments  about the corridors of power. Sounds like a matter for the Pimpernel Organisation..,Hoch, Hoch! :sillywave: