FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Proctor at Centre Defence

RossP

Yes - Pass marks from me.  Good clean defending and useful in the box for free kicks and corners. He has the fitness to get back and do his job in defense as required.  A good prospect for the long term at ICT.  :021: :021:

A few people were dubious when it was announced that Brewster had brought him back from Untied, but he's done nothing but prove his worth every chance he's been given.

He moved in the the Centre today and looked just as comfortable playing there as he does at RB.  He seems to be constantly switched on to what's happening around him and did some good covering today when others had pushed forward  :021:

A few people were dubious when it was announced that Brewster had brought him back from Untied, but he's done nothing but prove his worth every chance he's been given.

He moved in the the Centre today and looked just as comfortable playing there as he does at RB.  He seems to be constantly switched on to what's happening around him and did some good covering today when others had pushed forward  :021:

Agreed. He seemed a much more athletic cover for Roscoes upfield raids than McGuire, but our defensive cover must be very thin now.

Guest Spectre

Yeah, he was excellent, though you wonder what would have happened against a treu SPL standard team, which Gretna are not.  (Though Deuchar looked pretty good).

Yeah, he was excellent, though you wonder what would have happened against a treu SPL standard team, which Gretna are not.  (Though Deuchar looked pretty good).

Deuchar does not have the pace or the guile to be hugely successful in the SPL with the Gretna side. He is a natural finisher however and if Gretna could get the right players beside him I am sure that he will score his fair share.

I thought that Proctor did very well today. There was the odd occasion where it was obvious that he has not played in this postion with Granty much (hesitation in a decision being made, etc). This is not his fault however and a few matches will give an improvement in the organisation and understanding. His additional height over McGuire was also helpful.

In terms of his overall game he was miles ahead of Caff and I don't have any problems with him being allowed to head off on loan.

If McGuire gets signed then Brew will not add further in this area. We also have Watt and Kerr as cover.

It should be noted that Brew is on record as saying that he thinks Proctor's most natural position is in the centre of defense and he will not be surprised by the performance.

Thought Proctor did well though I would have been interested to maybe have seen Tokely in the centre of defence with proctor as right back. Just think they are more suited that way around myself.

Thought Proctor did well though I would have been interested to maybe have seen Tokely in the centre of defence with proctor as right back. Just think they are more suited that way around myself.

I'd say are both are competent enough defenders that could play in either position...

I said earlier I thought Proctor was more effective getting forward and supporting the attack than Rosscoe....

Rosscoe must have read that - he was superb coming forward today (yesterday - just in from J.Foxes)

Some great touches for a big man - Really made me eat my words -  :022:

Guest neksor

Proctor has proved he can play well in either position and certainly a lot better than Tpkely at the moment.

Keep Tokely away from in front of goal he is too prone to making major errors.

neksor

Guest kingkojak

i have to admit i was glad to see the back of proctor when brewster took him to tannadice.

now im glad we've got him!  he has looked impressive in all the games ive seen him play this season.  the big test for him is the next couple of weeks tho