FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richie to leave..?

Johnboy

Like I posted elsewhere probably a good move for the player and ICT

A fresh start and probably a big jump in wages for Ritchie and we can channel the funds into new players to improve the squad

He hasn't been a first team regular for several seasons now and moving down there has to better than languishing in the reserves with no prospect of a game

Be sad to see him leave as he's a good player. Always seems to have been on the fringes and never seems to have been given a fair crack at it. I reckon he could still do a job for us.

All the best to him if he does go, and I really hope he does well for himself.

He hasn't been a first team regular for several seasons now

Two-and-a-half seasons, and the reasons why he's missed this half-season are no secret. Can anyone tell me who provides what we look to Duncan for in midfield if Richie leaves? Especially given Russell's recent reversion to type? I rarely get to reserves games these days, but never seeing anyone of a similar kidney on the bench I have to assume we'd be looking to buy a replacement.

Good luck Richie, I hope you get a fair crack of the whip elsewhere.

I think I heard that he was going on trial

I think that it is about time that you toed the line - the next sniff of sarcasm and you should get a warning toot - dusted down an moderated - you are no longer The Lady I thought you were.

Richie and Russell play in completely different roles. Richie is an attacking mdfielder who hasn't made the grade in the SPL.

Russell is a defensive midfielder who plays every week and is irreplaceable.

It's not so long since that they were played in the same role, as a midfield anchor. They were played together, then one, then the other. Whether the player attacks or defends is down to the game and the manager's instructions, but it's pretty clear that people have short memories - and perhaps a bit of bias.

From what I've seen of Dale Gillespie in pre season friendlies, I think we'll be fine without Richie Hart.

Garry Wood can also play as an attacking center midfielder I think?

It really is time we played some youth players  :024:

Richie should not have been allowed back into the squad.

He brought ICT into disrepute by his behaviour.

How many trials had he had- footballing and non-footballing?

neksor

MacAffrey, Rankin, Hart, McDonald, Morgan , Watt, Ridgers, McAllisiter, Sutherland, Wood.

Gone, going , or future uncertain, all since Mr Brewster's return. Looks like there is a sorting out

going on of sorts, with Craig gradually putting his own side together, lets hope he gets it right.

Just wish we were hearing more about replacements as well.

Hart's a decent player but probably more a regular 1st Division quality.  Think he would always be in and out of the SPL.

MacAffrey, Rankin, Hart, McDonald, Morgan , Watt, Ridgers, McAllisiter, Sutherland, Wood.

Gone, going , or future uncertain, all since Mr Brewster's return. Looks like there is a sorting out

going on of sorts, with Craig gradually putting his own side together, lets hope he gets it right.

I think there a few others who have played their part and should look to be moved on to pastures new. Tokely and Mcbain being among them with Barry Wilson being moved on to a full time coaching role.

Should free up some wages which could be spent elsewhere, he was a good player at one time for the club IMO but his glory days are probably behind him. Added to that i think his actions were disgraceful and I don't believe he should have donned an ICT shirt again, even if he was our start player.

Guest freddie4

ICT are offering him new contract also i hear.  :clapping03: Don't think there will be much choice over County there.

Probably more the question does he want to stay and warm up the bench and stay in Inverness for another couple of years? Or move to english 1st div and double/tripple the wages?