FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock Bid For Bayne

Caley Stan

I thought the comment was that Graham didn't want to go, but the radio's playing merry **** here so that may be rubbish. You're all used to that  :016:

What he said was that Graeme didn't want Graham to go.  :003:

I thought the comment was that Graham didn't want to go, but the radio's playing merry **** here so that may be rubbish. You're all used to that  :016:

What he said was that Graeme didn't want Graham to go.   :003:

Shouldn't have anything to do with Graeme - I thought Brewster was the manager!

Graeme Bennet is Director of Football.  How could he not have a say.  I'm sure he speaks to the manager about offers before deciding.

Quite aware of his title. The role of DoF should not be to decide who stays and who goes. Yes, he should be dealing with the negotiations for moves in and out and the finer details of player contracts but player movement should be down to the Manager. A different story however if GB is involved in squad/team selection but if this is the case, very few managers will stay long under these circumstances.  :024:

I don't think he involved in team selection.  Brew is out of the Country, but he identifies who he wants and GB does the negotiating.  I know that Grassa has worked hard over the last couple of days to tie things up.  I can see no reason why we would want to let Bayne go.  I was merely clarifying the comment on the radio which said Graeme didn't want Graham to go.  Just a comment by Charles Bannerman, which doesn't imply that Brew didn't know anything about it.

......................I can see no reason why we would want to let Bayne go. .........................

I can see many reasons why Brewster may want to let Bayne go. He has just signed another striker to add to Rory, Deano, Denis, Marius - my count that's 6 in the squad not counting any up and coming pros in the U19's. As much as I like GB (not the DofF GB) he doesn't score goals so maybe we should be listening to offers?

Bayne is very much part of Brews plans for the future. Marius wont be around for long. MacDonald is unsettled and free to go if a team wants him. Dont think he likes being so far from his family. I think Rory's also been discounted now and will likely be moving on in the summer.

......................I can see no reason why we would want to let Bayne go. .........................

I can see many reasons why Brewster may want to let Bayne go. He has just signed another striker to add to Rory, Deano, Denis, Marius - my count that's 6 in the squad not counting any up and coming pros in the U19's. As much as I like GB (not the DofF GB) he doesn't score goals so maybe we should be listening to offers?

Aye but Bayne is more of a Joe Jordan type than a Kenny Dalglish, they have a tendancy to provide more than score.

The thing about Graham Bayne too, is he's a big game player, he can score the winner at places like Tynecastle and Ibrox, for me that's invaluable.

Bayne in my opinion is one seriously underated player

Guest Tormod_Macleod

Watching from afar. Never got registered for the new forum until now.

Seem to remember sticking up for Bayne last time I posted on this forum.

Guest Arab4Ever

Bayne in my opinion is one seriously underated player

Totally agree. Is there a harder working player in the SPL?

Without meaning to sound really small minded I cant put a face to Baynes name. Noel Hunt is my vote for hardest working player, never stops running, never hides and his goal against Aberdeen sums him up.

It makes sense that the less skillful players in the SPL (Bayne, Hunt etc...) are also the hardest working. If they had an average workrate with the skill they have they would be playing SFL1 or lower.

The problem with playing Bayne from the start is that we bypass our midfield, the strongest part of our team. Every game I've seen this season where Bayne has started we have been poor, or average at best.

I agree that he is excellent coming on as a second half sub though.

Without meaning to sound really small minded I cant put a face to Baynes name. Noel Hunt is my vote for hardest working player, never stops running, never hides and his goal against Aberdeen sums him up.

Without meaning to sound unwelcoming, I couldn't give a rat's *** about Noel Hunt or your knowledge of ICT's squad. Is there not a forum elsewhere you can discuss the Arabs?  :33:

Gretna! laugh.gif

Twice! laugh.gif

Sorry but you haven't been on here much. I'm not really surprised you can't put a face to his name. It's the same with half the Yinited team as well. I don't recognise half your players till I see their names. I think that's the same for a large proportion of the bottom six teams.