FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Feck it - lets be serious

I could sense the animosity from the word "go" this season - We went through a good spell when in my opinion Black, Cowie and Rankin were on fire - we played with width and passed the ball. But we are employing the same system/s ALL the time. Our performance in the transfer windows has been dire and we are putting too much emphasis - and hope on Niculae. The club has changed with the present management system - even that is divisive and unfriendly.

Agree ?

Guest birdog

I could sense the animosity from the word "go" this season - We went through a good spell when in my opinion Black, Cowie and Rankin were on fire - we played with width and passed the ball. But we are employing the same system/s ALL the time. Our performance in the transfer windows has been dire and we are putting too much emphasis - and hope on Niculae. The club has changed with the present management system - even that is divisive and unfriendly.

Agree ?

Absolutely.

Definitely agree, and my mum, who's at every home game and has been a season ticket holder for about five years also feels the same.  What we've noticed is that the "family" spirit that took us into this league has evaporated.  When we were in the lower divisions and when we first got into the SPL there was a definite feeling of community, of "us against the world", and the club seemed to be much more concerned with the opinions and welfare of the fans than it is now.  And I think that's really sad.

Guest birdog

Definitely agree, and my mum, who's at every home game and has been a season ticket holder for about five years also feels the same.  What we've noticed is that the "family" spirit that took us into this league has evaporated.  When we were in the lower divisions and when we first got into the SPL there was a definite feeling of community, of "us against the world", and the club seemed to be much more concerned with the opinions and welfare of the fans than it is now.  And I think that's really sad.

Does your mum not know that when a football club reaches the top flight their fans are expected to go to matches, sit quietly and let the board get on with making as much profit as possible so that the people in power can stuff as much quick cash into their hippers as they can?

I could sense the animosity from the word "go" this season - We went through a good spell when in my opinion Black, Cowie and Rankin were on fire...

Cowie was absolutely superb through that spell.... He looked to be a fantastic signing by CC....

He just does not look like the same player now - it's like he has lost interest...

Why..?

:024:

Does your mum not know that when a football club reaches the top flight their fans are expected to go to matches, sit quietly and let the board get on with making as much profit as possible so that the people in power can stuff as much quick cash into their hippers as they can?

:clapping03: :clapping03: Well said.

Guest birdog

I could sense the animosity from the word "go" this season - We went through a good spell when in my opinion Black, Cowie and Rankin were on fire...

Cowie was absolutely superb through that spell.... He looked to be a fantastic signing by CC....

He just does not look like the same player now - it's like he has lost interest...

Why..?

:024:

Because he played better off Rankin? Because the team are so unsettled by the way in which they are being treated by the management and he, like everyone else who cared about the club, is totally demoralised?

Yes, in some ways this is what seems to be happening, but the sad thing is that there's absolutely no need to treat the fans so dismissively.  It's especially sad because our club didn't use to be like this, and also worrying because they could well end up shooting themselves in the foot because of it.

What cash would that be? Evidence please.

Anyone fancy cheering on Hissy next weekend in dingeville?  :001:

I'm an ICT fan, no thanks.

I would love to join you, Hissy is one of the nicest guys I know, but I'm having a complete change and going to the shinty in Kingussie.  :003: 

Guest birdog

The evidence is in the ticket prices and the crowd sizes in the first division my season book cost in the region of £90 and as far as I remember the majority of matches under 12s went in free? I now pay £245 for a book each for myself and my son. So they have more than doubled their income from me. In the same period attendances have risen two fold so from gate receipts alone the club income has risen fourfold this is before sponsorship is taken into consideration.

I fail to understand how you can not comprehend that the club are making more money now :024: and I don't know about you but I do not see any major improvements in the team which I used to pay £90 per season to watch.

We have gone from a family orientated club to a profit chasing business, that's life but I don't have to like it. I just hope that the people running the club are looking at the long term and not just in it to make a quick buck then feck off when the penny pinching gets us relegated.

The evidence is in the ticket prices and the crowd sizes in the first division my season book cost in the region of ?90 and as far as I remember the majority of matches under 12s went in free? I now pay ?245 for a book each for myself and my son. So they have more than doubled their income from me. In the same period attendances have risen two fold so from gate receipts alone the club income has risen fourfold this is before sponsorship is taken into consideration.

I fail to understand how you can not comprehend that the club are making more money now :024: and I don't know about you but I do not see any major improvements in the team which I used to pay ?90 per season to watch.

We have gone from a family orientated club to a profit chasing business, that's life but I don't have to like it. I just hope that the people running the club are looking at the long term and not just in it to make a quick buck then feck off when the penny pinching gets us relegated.

I don't deny the club have higher profits than in previous years but your inferrance was they were profitting personally "people in power can stuff as much quick cash into their hippers as they can", which is not true. The running costs have increased, we are now seeing the team have a pre-season training camp overseas, policing and stewarding costs have increased, the stadium development has to be paid for, players are pushing to squeeze as much out of the club that they can. So I don't believe the "People in Power" are lining their own pockets, but if they were I'd want proof before throwing accusations about.

I'd much rather have a club in profit playing poorly (and surviving) than stretching their finances (to play attractive football) and folding.

Guest birdog

The evidence is in the ticket prices and the crowd sizes in the first division my season book cost in the region of ?90 and as far as I remember the majority of matches under 12s went in free? I now pay ?245 for a book each for myself and my son. So they have more than doubled their income from me. In the same period attendances have risen two fold so from gate receipts alone the club income has risen fourfold this is before sponsorship is taken into consideration.

I fail to understand how you can not comprehend that the club are making more money now :024: and I don't know about you but I do not see any major improvements in the team which I used to pay ?90 per season to watch.

I don't deny the club have higher profits than in previous years but your inferrance was they were profitting personally "people in power can stuff as much quick cash into their hippers as they can", which is not true. The running costs have increased, we are now seeing the team have a pre-season training camp overseas, policing and stewarding costs have increased, the stadium development has to be paid for, players are pushing to squeeze as much out of the club that they can. So I don't believe the "People in Power" are lining their own pockets, but if they were I'd want proof before throwing accusations about.

I'd much rather have a club in profit playing poorly (and surviving) than stretching their finances (to play attractive football) and folding.

You asked "what cash?" in your last post so I told you. To answer your post now, you say that you would prefer the team to be playing poorly and in profit in the top division, let me ask you this, if as a customer you were loyal to a firm who supply your electricity would you be happy for them to provide a poor service yet post record profits each year? or would you change to someone who can provide what you need? I am not saying you that we should change our footballing allegiances but I do not think that I am getting value for my hard earned cash when I go to see a team who are churning out a sh1t product week in week out. I pay to get a little excitement on a Saturday not to come out feeling that I am contributing to the wages of people who just look like they can't be ersed. As I supporter of ICT I don't expect to win every week I do expect to be proud of supporting the team, that's what I used to get when we were an SFL club nowadays I get more pissed off with the dross I have to watch.

You say that the running costs of the club have increased, I am not in any way familiar with the running of a football club. I would assume, however, that the wages drawn by a director at an SPL club are far superior to those drawn by a director of a first division club. The club has also posted some good profits since arriving in the SPL I assume therefore that any dividends payed to shareholders would be far more attractive to a shareholder of an SPL club than that of a shareholder in a first division club. While I am not inferring any illegal behaviour  or profiteering I will however say that it is far more lucrative to be at ICT now than it was when we were in Division 1 and I am sure if we ended up back there certain people would disappear from the club.

To take up on your point of players trying to squeeze out as much as they can, these are Premier league players playing for probably the poorest wages in the division, do you not think that some of the profits we are showing should be invested in paying for a team who are happy enough to go out and supply the effort and commitment that we pay our entrance fee to see? I was working on a ship once where the employees had three different wage structures for the same position, I was on the lowest and I never saw out the full contract due to the animosity caused in that situation, I know there are differences in this situation but a happy crew is an industrious crew in every walk of life.

You say that the running costs of the club have increased, I am not in any way familiar with the running of a football club. I would assume, however, that the wages drawn by a director at an SPL club are far superior to those drawn by a director of a first division club. The club has also posted some good profits since arriving in the SPL I assume therefore that any dividends payed to shareholders would be far more attractive to a shareholder of an SPL club than that of a shareholder in a first division club. While I am not inferring any illegal behaviour  or profiteering I will however say that it is far more lucrative to be at ICT now than it was when we were in Division 1 and I am sure if we ended up back there certain people would disappear from the club.

Going by the accounts, our directors have not normally taken anything as payment. I would guess that some still get the odd freebie or perk here and there and that has always been acceptable given the time they give up for free although most do pay their way. I believe last year's accounts were the first time what amounts to a wage payment to a director has been lodged and although high, I dont think it was overly excessive.

Shareholders have never received a dividend as the club has very rarely posted a profit.

I dont think anyone is putting anything in their 'hipper' but I kinda know what you mean about the 'klingons'

Guest birdog

Going by the accounts, our directors have not normally taken anything as payment. I would guess that some still get the odd freebie or perk here and there and that has always been acceptable given the time they give up for free although most do pay their way. I believe last year's accounts were the first time what amounts to a wage payment to a director has been lodged and although high, I dont think it was overly excessive.

Shareholders have never received a dividend as the club has very rarely posted a profit.

I dont think anyone is putting anything in their 'hipper' but I kinda know what you mean about the 'klingons'

Thanks for clearing that up Scotty, I stand corrected and withdraw any inference which I have posted.

I would love to join you, Hissy is one of the nicest guys I know, but I'm having a complete change and going to the shinty in Kingussie.  :003: 

not sure whts worse,kingussie or shinty :017: :rotflmao: