FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Aberdeen

Johnboy

No one gave ICT a chance against Celtic last October - especially when we were two goals down after half an hour.

One change here from the line up that beat Celtic that day...

Fraser

Proctor McGuire Munro Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan McBain Imrie

Wyness Bayne

Zibi, Vigurs, Tokely, Niculae, McAllister, Imrie

Just my tuppence worth,

Fraser

Proctor    McGuire  Munro    Hastings

Cowie              Black            Paatelainen

Wyness

Imrie              McCallister

Subs: Malkowski, Tokely, Watt, Vigurs, Hart, Niculae, Bayne   

Flat back four, with occaisonal runs from the fullbacks, Blackie in a holding role in midfield, Paatelainen & Cowie down the wings, Wyness playing just off the front two & interchangeable with Imrie.

I would pick a slightly different team, however half of our youth players are away on loan!  :tic01:

FRASER

PROCTOR  MCGUIRE  MUNRO  HASTINGS

COWIE      BLACK    DUNCAN    PAATELINEN (sp?)

NICULAE                  IMRIE

Guest TinCanFan

Fraser

Proctor                                  Watt                                 Hastings

Black                                     Imrie

Cowie                                    Niculae                              Wilson

Tokely                                   Wyness     

Subs: Zibi, McAllister, Vigurs, Kerr, Bayne, Munro, McBain   

Once again I truly believe that Tokely should be played as a forward.  Why, because he plays most of the game there anyway so why not just leave him there?  He seems to be a better attacker than defender anyway.                           

Fraser

McGuire      Munro      Hastings

Proctor      Black

Cowie                                    Imrie

Niculae

Wyness        Macallister

A difficult choice, I think a diamond formation in the middle might strengthen our attack because Brewsters always saying excuses like ' "We just didn't take our chances". If he plays along the lines of this, with a majority attacking team but also some good defensive qualities, lets see him blame them here. I would have Wyness in place of Niculae there but we all know that Wyness tackles like a new born duckling! And I'm not sure how everyones going to react to Proctor sitting there, but I figure he does know how to run it but if Black wants to get up the park then he can sit an move in and out of the middle of defense.

I have this week picked a team of backroom boys and fictional characters. Old fashioned 2-3-5 "Sixties" tribute formation.

Reed Richards

David Sutherland, The Thing (Ben Grimm)

Graeme Bennett, Yoda (Capt), Pie Man at the Home end.

Flash, Alan Savage, Brewster, Spiderman, Jock McDonald.

Subs. Captain America, Steve Paterson, Green Lantern, Dennis Wyness' agent and Johnny Storm.

With Yoda acting as both stopper and midfield sweeper, he has options of both Grasser and the Pie Man to distribute to Spiderman or Alan Savage running the inside channels. In addition Brewster also provides a long ball option from Ben Grimm, while Sutherland presses forward to Flash on the wing. If Aberdeen resort to a 4-3-3, as I think they might, Paterson and Johnny Storm can come on to bolster the defence.

I expect this side to win 3 - 0.

DO YOU HEAR ME BREWSTER?//???

Fraser

Proctor                    Munro                Maguire              McBain

Cowie                      Duncan              Black                  Hart

Bayne                Niculae

I have this week picked a team of backroom boys and fictional characters. Old fashioned 2-3-5 "Sixties" tribute formation.

Reed Richards

Subs. Captain America, Steve Paterson, Green Lantern, Dennis Wyness' agent and Johnny Storm.

With Yoda acting as both stopper and midfield sweeper, he has options of both Grasser and the Pie Man to distribute to Spiderman or Alan Savage running the inside channels. In addition Brewster also provides a long ball option from Ben Grimm, while Sutherland presses forward to Flash on the wing. If Aberdeen resort to a 4-3-3, as I think they might, Paterson and Johnny Storm can come on to bolster the defence.

:015: love it

Fraser

Proctor                                  Watt                                Hastings

Black                                    Imrie

Cowie                                    Niculae                              Wilson

Tokely                                  Wyness   

Subs: Zibi, McAllister, Vigurs, Kerr, Bayne, Munro, McBain 

Once again I truly believe that Tokely should be played as a forward.  Why, because he plays most of the game there anyway so why not just leave him there?  He seems to be a better attacker than defender anyway.                           

Easy seen why you're not in football management!  :rotflmao:

Reed Richards

I reckon you're onto a winner there, With Yoda's experience in the middle of the park and spideys quick moves up front, 4 - 0's not unthinkable!  :021: :021: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Fraser

Tokely        Munro        Proctor      Hastings

Black        Kerr

Cowie                                          Imrie

Wyness

Niculae

Subs: Zibi, Duncan, McGuire, Hart, Bayne, Vigurs

Reed Richards

What? You'd drop Beppo the Super-Chimp from the squad completely???  Is that due to a dispute with his agent, Hoppy the Marvel Bunny?

Chris

Fraser                                                                                                 

Proctor      McGuire      Munro    Hastings

Cowie    Duncan    McBain    Imrie

Bayne  Niculae

Subs.  Tokely, Hart, Vigurs, McAllister, Zibi, Kerr and  Wyness.....Black not available training with 19,s 

Fraser                                                                                                 

Proctor      McGuire      Munro    Hastings

Cowie     Duncan    McBain    Imrie

Bayne   Niculae

Subs.  Tokely, Hart, Vigurs, McAllister, Zibi, Kerr and  Wyness.....Black not available training with 19,s   

hmm gilian is this fact or rumour??

Guest TinCanFan

Fraser

Watt                                                          Hastings

Tokely                                                Wilson                                                McBain

Proctor                                                Cowie

Bayne                          Wyness                        Niculae

Subs: Zibi, Vigurs, Duff, McAllister, Imrie, Paatelainen, McGuire

Or this:

Fraser

Proctor                      Watt                            Hastings

Cowie                    Hart                      McAllister/Imrie                  Wilson

Bayne                          Wyness                    Nicuale

Subs: Zibi, Vigurs, Kerr, McAllister/Vigurs, Tokely, Paatelainen, McGuire