End of term report ?

FRASER  :003: :003: :003: :003: Has progressed further this season and has improved many aspects of his game - still prone to the odd gaffe but most goalies are. Can only improve further. Has earned the No 1 jersey - Hopefully Zibi can be persuaded to stay - as at least he is experienced and is a better replacement han any we have had in recent times.

TOKELY   :003: :003: :003: Has had a more topsy turvy season and has shown some signs of wear and tear - misses Dods and other teams have tried to capitalise on his lack of pace and forward momentum. Still worth another season at least - but keep him at right back.

PROCTOR  :003: :003: :003: Brew appears to have him destined to be a central defender - never came across as that to me - fortunately he can play / cover in a few positions - I would prefer him at full back or in right midfield but is the perfect replacement for Tokely when the time comes.

MAGUIRE  :003: :003: Simply not overly impressed. Signed as we had few other options - would prefer to sign a more experienced central defender and one with genuine pace and a bit of a football head.

MUNRO  :003: :003: :003: :003: First year as captain, amidst the off the field commotion, affected him - Simply has to remain as captain but given a better partner to boot.

HASTINGS  :003: :003: Good defender but I would be showing him the door - no attacking style.

MCBAIN  :003: :003: :003: can be invisible but 110% - I would love to give him an extended run at left back.

WILSON  :003: :003: :003: Worth another season and a deserved testimonial year - Get him coaching the reserve team and use him on the bench.

BLACK  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Jekyll and feckin Hyde - he would be a major loss has the potential to play on a far higher stage - needs to channel his agression to far better use.

DUNCAN  :003: :003: :003: I fer one am glad that he is staying. He often is an unsung performer - but keep him in the hole and let his fellow midfielders do the passing etc.

COWIE  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: We have to decide where his best position is - I would say central midfield but we therefore need a right sided player to compliment him.

IMRIE  :003: :003: :003: Fairly impressed given the fact that he has come into the SPL in mid season - Has to play wide left or central left and needs to beef up a bit.

PATTI  :003: :003: Has never impressed me - has found the step up to the SPL hard to steer into.

BAYNE  :003: :003: :003: Worth another season as a squad cover forward

WYNESS  :003: :003:  Has never really set the SPL on fire - will always be a Legend but is not doing it any more - needs ro go back down to the SFL where I have no doubt that he will be firing goals in again.

RORY  :003: :003: Sorry but have to give a Simon Cowell heave ho.

ZANDER  :003: :003: :003: :003: Get him back fer pre season and give him a run in the team.

NICULAE  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Simply has to stay - for him as well as us - my comments are well known and I stand by them but he has remainde injury free and has looked better and better as the season progresses - even if a bit of self motivated - but I would love to see him fit at the start of the season - playing as a front man with a pacy forward playing alongside him - BRING IT ON.

So - lets go fer an experienced central defender with pace - a squad orientated left footed defender - Kissock on loan - a stubborn younger "hole" type player - or is that Vigurs ? - must is a pacy forward (or two!!)

Oh and a new manager to boot - one who can motivate and not divide.  :023:

Guest TinCanFan

Here's mine -

1. Fraser -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Pretty good all season and can only improve.  And he deserves one smiley just for the that Celtic save.

2. Tokely -  :015: :015: :015: - Not bad but is maybe getting a bit past it.  He could also have done with a few more goals this season.

3. McGuire -  :015: - A really poor signing, and is utterly garbage in most games.  Just as well CC didn't offer a contract to Joinville, he was worse.

4. Watt  :015: :015: - Only got one game, but seemed to play quite well.  Shame Brew didn't give him a agame instead of Phil McGuire. 

5. McCaffery - :015: - Poor until the time he left.

6. McBain -  :015: :015: :015: - He never really changes does the Royster, though he is far better being played in the centre of the midfield or at left back.  Overall he had a good season.

7. Wilson -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Really good yesterday and he should be kept until next season.  Always gives everything he can to a game.

8. Black -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Had a good season and scored a number of goals to add to his tally.

9. Bayne -  :015: :015: :015: - Okay but should've scored a few more throughout the season.

10. Hart -  :015: :015: :015: - Not bad in the games he played in.

11. Imrie -  :015: :015: :015: - Pretty quick and can only improve.

11. Morgan -  :015: :015: - Always rated him and he deserves a smiley just for the cross in the Hearts game.  Shame he left.

12. Duncan -  :015: :015: - Scored a couple of good goals but neer really impressed me.

13. McAllister -  :015: :015: - Can also only get better and I reckon he has really improved in the last few times he's been on.

14. Munro -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Pretty solid throughout the season but looks as if he he could do with a better quality player beside him in the centre.

15 Cowie -  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:- He's been a great singing but I think he plays better as a winger than a central midfielder.

16. Hastings -  :015: :015: :015: - Always liked Hastings and I reckon he has been good this season.

17. Sutherland -  :015: :015: :015: - Looked good in the pre-season and should be a real asset when he returns.

18. Niculae -  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: - Great player and oozes class and skill.

19. Wyness -  :015: :015: - Not the player he once was and should not be offered another contract.

20. Paatelainen -  :015: :015: - Okay some games, awful in others.

21. McDonald -  :020: - One of the most useless signings in ICT history.

22. Wood -  :015: :015: :015: - Could be a good player in the future and is doing well at Montrose.

24. Rankin -  :015: :015: :015: - Brew should've done more to keep him and was good in the time he was here.

27. Vigurs -  :015: :015: - One for the future perhaps.

28. Brewster (player) -  :015: :015: :015: - Played well in the games he was here.

29. Proctor -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Great signing and can only improve.

30. Zibi -  :015: :015: - Not bad when when he aint making bad bloopers.

Brewster (manager) - :020:- Simply has to go.

Guest WynessLegend

Here's mine.............

IHE -  :rotflmao: still thinks someone might value his opinion. Next season maybe put him out very very very very wide left.

FRASER  :003: :003: :003: :003: Has progressed further this season and has improved many aspects of his game - still prone to the odd gaffe but most goalies are. Can only improve further. Has earned the No 1 jersey - Hopefully Zibi can be persuaded to stay - as at least he is experienced and is a better replacement han any we have had in recent times.

TOKELY   :003: :003: :003: Has had a more topsy turvy season and has shown some signs of wear and tear - misses Dods and other teams have tried to capitalise on his lack of pace and forward momentum. Still worth another season at least - but keep him at right back.

PROCTOR  :003: :003: :003: Brew appears to have him destined to be a central defender - never came across as that to me - fortunately he can play / cover in a few positions - I would prefer him at full back or in right midfield but is the perfect replacement for Tokely when the time comes.

MAGUIRE  :003: :003: Simply not overly impressed. Signed as we had few other options - would prefer to sign a more experienced central defender and one with genuine pace and a bit of a football head.

MUNRO  :003: :003: :003: :003: First year as captain, amidst the off the field commotion, affected him - Simply has to remain as captain but given a better partner to boot.

HASTINGS  :003: :003: Good defender but I would be showing him the door - no attacking style.

MCBAIN  :003: :003: :003: can be invisible but 110% - I would love to give him an extended run at left back.

WILSON  :003: :003: :003: Worth another season and a deserved testimonial year - Get him coaching the reserve team and use him on the bench.

BLACK  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Jekyll and feckin Hyde - he would be a major loss has the potential to play on a far higher stage - needs to channel his agression to far better use.

DUNCAN  :003: :003: :003: I fer one am glad that he is staying. He often is an unsung performer - but keep him in the hole and let his fellow midfielders do the passing etc.

COWIE  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: We have to decide where his best position is - I would say central midfield but we therefore need a right sided player to compliment him.

IMRIE  :003: :003: :003: Fairly impressed given the fact that he has come into the SPL in mid season - Has to play wide left or central left and needs to beef up a bit.

PATTI  :003: :003: Has never impressed me - has found the step up to the SPL hard to steer into.

BAYNE  :003: :003: :003: Worth another season as a squad cover forward

WYNESS  :003: :003:  Has never really set the SPL on fire - will always be a Legend but is not doing it any more - needs ro go back down to the SFL where I have no doubt that he will be firing goals in again.

RORY  :003: :003: Sorry but have to give a Simon Cowell heave ho.

ZANDER  :003: :003: :003: :003: Get him back fer pre season and give him a run in the team.

NICULAE  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Simply has to stay - for him as well as us - my comments are well known and I stand by them but he has remainde injury free and has looked better and better as the season progresses - even if a bit of self motivated - but I would love to see him fit at the start of the season - playing as a front man with a pacy forward playing alongside him - BRING IT ON.

So - lets go fer an experienced central defender with pace - a squad orientated left footed defender - Kissock on loan - a stubborn younger "hole" type player - or is that Vigurs ? - must is a pacy forward (or two!!)

Oh and a new manager to boot - one who can motivate and not divide.  :023:

dont disagree with much here, think we def need good attacking midfielder along with a centre half and pacy stiker and we are not far off being a decent sidei suppose problem is finding these players

,/quote]

Here's mine.............

IHE -  :rotflmao: still thinks someone might value his opinion. Next season maybe put him out very very very very wide left.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  WynessLegend - cannot understand the logic of free speech and the substance of an independent football fan forum - and does not have the intelligence to challenge or discuss the views of anybody else - as he is always rite.  :sillywave:

The post was a personal perspective and I was interested in the views of other posters - which I would still value - but there will always be the erseholes.  :020:

I'd agree with most of IHE's ratings but would make a few adjustments:

MAGUIRE  :003: "Simply not overly impressed" is putting it mildly. Cost us a lot of points this season and should be shown the door ASAP.

WILSON :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Still a fantastic player. Oh for a 27-year-old Baz in the team!

RORY  :003: :003: :003: :003: He will become a talented version of Bayne in the not-too-distant future.

NICULAE :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: If he goes in the Summer season ticket sales will SUFFER!

I think you are over-generous wyness legend.

While he has been a good servant, and always showed an abundance of enthusiasm in the threads in which he has played - I feel that IHE simply lacks the quality to post at this level.

He is far too predictable and one dimensional. Whenever he is selected for a thread, the fluidity and overall quality of discussion diminishes and we seem to resort to the ugly spam-ball game. Other notable weakness' such as his tendency to score numerous verbal own goals and his egotistical refusal to pass the discussion to others, aka 'discussion greedyness' have dragged us down and cost us valuable points.

It's also rumoured that he is responsible for a great deal of bad blood in the dressing room and has hurt our team spirit. His disciplinary record has also brought the club into disrepute.

I think for all of these reasons combined he should be released at the end of the season, although to be fair, he could probably still do a job for a lower division forum like over the bridge where I expect he would likely work up a good understanding with like minded posters of similar ability.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Thank you for massaging my ego with a well thought out and fairly accurate summary.  :001: I get banned too quickly on the Tinkerville site fer my liking. And dont fret I am an immortal - I am here fer life.

And now may I ask that my fellow posters are allowed to discuss their views on the playing staff and may I ask all of my other personal detractors to desist from interfering with the flow of this thread and try to control their internalised adulation for me.

But as he says let's get back on topic. 

Is anyone on topic with this...? It's not the end of term yet..... :018:

I will be pleased to contribute my E0T report immediately after our final fixture of the season with St Midden on May 17th which should see us finish the league comfortably in 7th place.... :022:

Watch this space.....  :003:

When we field the partnership of Wyness and Niculae, that is pretty much the only time we win games.

Wyness is a clever, intelligent player and worth 2 Graham Baynes and half a dozen McAllisters.

Apart from that I pretty much agree with the other ratings.

Could IHE's detractors please voice thier opinions of him either directly to himself or to board moderators or keep them to themselves.  There's no need to turn every thread into a personal grudge match.

Fraser...has been fairly consistent this season but there's been a couple of occasions (especially early on) where I thought he could have done with being sidelined for a couple of games as he seemed to be getting complacent.  Zibi did come in for a couple of games and I think that helped though.

Zibi...On the couple of occasions he played I think he looked the part.  Think his "reputation" did him more harm than good with the fans who should be judging him on what he does for us and not what he's done elsewhere.  I'd not be worried if he was to remain with the club.

Tokely...Suffered this season from not having someone in front of him who he could work with when it came to running the wing.  Just have to look at how much better he's been when Wislon has been playing on the right to see how to get the best out of him.  Prime example of the fact that our strength (as a team) lies in the consistency of the squad on not necessarily on superstars.

McGuire...Has been a bit of a liability since he came in and is distracting other players alongside him who don't seem to have any confidence in his ability to stop an attack.  OK as cover perhaps, but would like to see a more commanding replacement.

Munro...Has looked shaky for much of the season, but I think that's in part down to the fact that he's often been having to do the work of two men.  Looks far more solid and confident when playing with Proctor alongside him.

Hastings...Had a good season last season but seems to have gone off the boil a bit again this season.  He seems to be giving the opposition far too much space on the left and letting them run at him which means they often get plenty of time to deliver a cross.  Also been finding himself caught out on occasion when he's drifted in to the middle.  We should perhaps look to try him out elsewhere to see if it's just a positional thing as he may well click in the middle or even on the wing.

Cowie...Started off strong and with a bit of flair and that got the fans excited.  Seems to be settling in now and finding his feet playing in the middle as opposed to the wing.  More than capable of running at the opposition, but just as good at getting a foot on the ball and playing an accurate through ball.  The more we play him in the middle the better he's going to get as he starts to get in tune with the front line.

McBain...Been a totally different player this season when not being played on the left wing.  We've seen him playing great football at left back and he does a power of work when played in the middle.  I think the secret here is not to play him somewhere he can hide and is forced to get stuck in...do that and he'll soon lose his "Mr Invisible" tag and become one of the biggest assets we have.

Duncan...Probably comes in for a lot more criticism than he deserves, but if we start playing our strongest team then I don't think there's space for him in the middle of the park.  Not sure if there's anything to be gained from trying him out alongside Munro to see if he clicks better there when his only job is to clear the ball (which he does well).  If not then I can't see him being anything more than cover for us in the middle or as part of a defensive 5 man midfield setup.

Black...Very talented individual but I think he might find himself battling against Cowie for a regular start in the middle of the park next season.  Competition for that place is going to be tough and if Black can wind his neck in just a little and re-find his composure then it can only benefit team in terms of strength in depth.  Might just get a break if we either don't keep Wilson or Wilson doesn't play regular next season and Cowie is played wide.

Wilson...We've not seen as much of him this season as we might have liked, but his performance against Kilmarnock was one you might have expected from the Wilson of 3 or 4 season ago.  He certainly hasn't lost his hunger and still has the pace to run the wing and sprint for the box.  His delivery is as good as anyone else, if not better and we mustn't forget that fact that he seems to bring out the best in the players around him.

Proctor...For a guy who is able to drop into so many positions in the team it seems a shame that he only gets used as cover....however, that's his strength and it should not be underestimated how important it is to the team to have someone like that in the squad.  Above all else, he keeps the entire right side of the pitch on their toes as they know he's there to replace any one of them should they slip up.

Paatelainen...Again he's not a player we've seen too much of.  He appears to have some ability, but his failure to get a run of games means we don't really know if he could fit in to the team as a regular starter.  I think Imrie might just be the end of him, don't think anyone expected Imrie to gel so fast with the squad andhad he not then Paatelainen might have got more of an opportunity.  Good to have as cover for the left, but can't see him being a regular first teamer.

McAllister...For the last couple of seasons I've thought that he was just a baw hair off breaking through and getting more regular starts but he has failed to step up to the plate when called upon.  He performs consistently in the reserves and often stands out as a class above at that level.  Either he doesn't fit into our system with the first team or the SPL is a step above him.  I think it's time to cut him loose totally or stick him out to a first division club for a season to give him regular football and see if he can step it up.

Bayne...If you got goals for hard work alone then he'd be the SPL's top scorer.  Unfortunately you don't and Bayne lacks the dexterity and control to shine as a striker.  Can't see him becoming anything more than a bit part player for ICT in the future, where he's used at the beginning or end of games to kill the clock or tire out opposition legs.

Wyness...Unfortunate to have been out with his injury as he never really got a chance of a run of games after that.  Looked a little rusty in the Kilmarnock game which wasn't surprising, but still did a great job of holding up the ball to allow us to get forward in numbers and the "class" is still there and was evident in a couple of his attempts at goal where he managed to create himself a bit of space from nothing.  Lets not be too quick to write him off.

Niculae...Don't think there's any doubting the guys ability.  Took a little bit to get up to pace but stands head and shoulders above any of our other strike options.  His arrival seems to have caused a lot of "pain" this season with players apparently being unsettled by the whole wage fiasco, but the worst of that slowly seems to be getting put behind us and I think we should keep hold of him for at least another season.  As I said elsewhere, there's no point in now cutting off our noses to spite our faces.  What's done is done and can't be undone, so we may as well see it through.

Aside from that we have some young lads who look very promising....whoever out of the above will need replaced along with getting a solid central defender....other than that I think our depth can and should be created by bringing on our own talent.

All in all things don't look as bad for next season as they might have done a month ago.

FRASER  :003: :003: :003: :003:  Started off with some horrendous performances, but has improved dramatically since about November. Never forget that truely world class save against Celtic. Unbelieavable improvement from Ikey, but as IHE said is prone to the odd error. But I am now confident with Ikey between the sticks.

TOKELY  :003: :003:   Perhaps we've just come to expect too much from Ross, but I think overall he's had a poor season. A decent enough start, a decent finish, but from about October til early March I thought Ross put in some awful performances. Constantly caught out of position and look past it to be frank. Recent improvement noted though  :004:

MCGUIRE  :004: :004:  Looked decent enough at the start of the season, but seems to have got worse as he's gone on. We are short of centre backs so I can't see Phil leaving, but I certainly wouldn't be too disappointed if he did.

WATT  :003: Strange one this. CC's signing and Brew seemed unwilling to play him. Only got one game and looked decent enough.

MCCAFFREY  :003:  Hardly played at all really. Certainly had his best days in Division One where he was immense  :001:

MCBAIN   :003: :003: :003:  I never really rated Roy that much to be honest, but in the last couple of months he's performed consistently well. Great goal at Gretna as well. Getting on a bit but I think he's certainly got at least another SPL season in him.

WILSON  :003: :003: :003:  Only three smileys for Barry but if he has played more he'd have got 4  :004:. His performance against Killie showed he still easily has what it takes to play in the SPL. PLEASE SIGN HIM UP BREW!!! I know it was only Gretna and Killie, but has anyone noticed that the two games we've won back-to-back have been the two games Barry has returned?

BLACK  :003: :003: :003:  IHE has it spot on. Jekkyl and Hyde. Incredible some games and non-existent others. Such a talented player though.

BAYNE  :003: A striker with a record of one league goal in over 20 games. Says it all really.

HART  :003: :003:   Has looked decent enough when he's played but only seems to have started to get games once he's agreed to leave the club  :024:  Anyways ta for the service Richie, top player.  :clapping03:  Hope to see you at Rockness  :004:

IMRIE  :003: :003: :003:  I think this could turn out to be a great signing from Brew. Dougie has looked a good player imo, and a stunning free-kick last weekend.

DUNCAN  :003: :003: :003:  Russells been getting a lot of criticism on here but I think overall he's had a decent season. Some great tackles in the centre of the park but is prone to make some ridiculous errors. I think Russell could well be forced out of the team next season, with Cowie moving infield to make room for Barry (if he stays) or Zander.

MCALLISTER  :003: Go.

MUNRO  :003: :003: :003:   Decent enough from Grantie. Not sure about the captaincy, not awful just doesn't seem much of a leader on the park. Has looked OK in defence, odd error every now and then but decent enough.

COWIE  :003: :003: :003: :003:   What a signing this is. Looked fairly average at County last season tbh (I went to see him a couple of times after we'd signed him), but instant impact here and some great goals. Always looks up for it.

HASTINGS  :003: :003:  Not awful but not particularly great either. I thought Hastings was great last season but certainly a fall in performances this year. Glad to see Brew is at least adressing the left back issue with taking a look at Djebi Zadi.

NICULAE  :001: :001: :001: :001: :001:  I LOVE MARIUS!!!  He kissed my flag after all  :004:   Has caused some dressing room unrest apparantly, but is our top scorer, and has earned himself a place at the Euros. I would love him to be here next season, but perhaps a big sale in the summer would serve the club better. but still, I LOVE YOU MARIUS!!!!!

WYNESS  :003: :003: :003:   Dennis appeared back to his best at the start of the season, and until this weekend I believe he still had the best games per goal ratio in the ICT squad (excluding Brew who only played 2!). I can certainly see some people's reluctancy to give him a new contract as sometimes he seems like he's not trying, but I think Dennis is such a talented player, and I'd certainly give him a new contract.

PAATELAINEN  :003: :003: :003: Hasn't played an awful lot but as looked decent when he has. I certainly think he deserves a new contract, is a very good player imo.

MCDONALD  :003:   Cult hero but Deano simply wasn;t good enough.

VIGURS  :003: :003: :003:  Looks a decent enough player

PROCTOR  :003: :003: :003: :003: Very impressed with Proctor. I think he is so under-rated. His performance against Celtic in the 3-2 win was superb imo. A couple of high-profile errors have cost him dear but I think Proc has had a very good season overall.

MALKOWSKI  :003: :003:  Only played a few but looked OK. Bad reputation but I wouldn't be too disappointed if he signed him. Not as good as Fraser though!

BREWSTER  :rotflmao: :015:    Think you're a manager? Don't make me laugh. SACKED!!!!

Based on listening to games and on the single match I saw in person this season (  :007: )

Fraser  :022: :022: :022: - When listening to games it quite often sounds like he simply does not like to catch a ball and I was a little nervous of him. However last weekend he looked confident and caught everything sent into the box.

Tokely  :022: :022: :022: :022: - quite simply a legend as opposed to a leg-end. I was impressed with him on Saturday despite his couple of "Gumpesque" moments as he approached the box and seemed to be in half a dozen minds about what to do. He is and has been a solid performer for years. This might not have been his best season as he has made his share of mistakes but overall he is still a favourite of mine.

Munro  :022: :022: :022: :022: - A hard season for the captain. Rumoured off-field problems that invariably draw the captain into the mix didnt help his early performances but lately he seems to have been playing well. Is Bambi (or the lack of McGuire) a factor ?

McGuire  :022: :020: :020: - some decent performances hence the thumbs up but overall not impressed. Unfortunately didnt get to see him perform in person so can only base my view on listening to other's descriptions.

Proctor  :022: :022: :022: - I was one of only a few who liked him first time round and what I saw on saturday was a versatile player with a lot of potential. Perhaps needs to get into the gym and beef up a little but no doubting that he has the ability to hold down a first team place.

Hastings  :022: :022: :022: - Richard gets an extra  :022: from me for his performances for Canada. He might not have had a shining season for ICT but Canadian fans have welcomed him back into the international fold after complaining about his recall initially. Interesting that his good performances for Canada have been at centre half whereas ICT fans think he had a somewhat poor season at left back.

Wilson  :022: :022: :022: - Whereas some players lose it when they get older Barry is still an intelligent player. His pace has gone but his intelligence allows him to read the game and have an impact. Worthy of a rolling yearly contract.

Cowie  :022: :022: :022: :022: - An intelligent player who can turn a game in the right circumstance or when played in the right position. He will undoubtedly move on at some point but if we can keep him for another year or two we will hopefully see some great central midfield performances from him.

Black  :022: :022: :022: :022: :020: - 4 thumbs up for Blackie but also a thumbs down. He is a great talent but also seems to have an ego to match. If he can do his talking on the park then its a great thing for ICT but if his petulance cant be channeled then he might have to go for the good of the team as a whole. Agree with those who say "Jekyll and Hyde"

Duncan  :022: :022: :022: - One of the unsung heroes as people have often said. My opinion has been a little tainted by the contract saga and the fact that McBain has done a better job in that position in the last couple of games.

McBain  :022: :022: :022: - Royster seems to be playing in a different role than other times I have seen him in person. I enjoyed his performance on saturday and thought he played very well. He also did well at left back earlier in the season so is perhaps more versatile than I had once thought.

Paatelainen  :020: :020: - Not impressed. He plays better on the radio than in person.

Imrie  :021: :021: :022: - I have heard varying reports of Imrie but was quite impressed on Saturday. He took his goal beautifully and enjoyed every second of it. He is very raw but coming from the Juniors to SFL to SPL in a short time that is not entirely unexpected. I did notice that both Brewster and Malky spent a long time during the game keeping him right, encouraging him, and making sure he was where they wanted him. If they can develop him then he will indeed be some player.

Wyness  :022: :022: :020: - Sorry Dennis, the dream is over. Dennis is a good player, a really nice man and he is and always will be a legend for ICT fans who have been around for a long time but he either has no confidence (again) or simply cant handle the SPL any more. SPL defenders all know his stepover and he seems to have no other tricks in his arsenal

Bayne  :020: :020: :020: - He is a striker who doesnt score goals. We like him because he gives 110% but its his job to put the ball in the back of the net and he doesnt do it often enough.

Niculae  :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: - I was glad to get a glimpse of Niculae before the end of the season as who knows whether he will be there next season. I hope he is as he is quite simply a class player and a fit Niculae along with maybe Garry Wood and a skillful midfield might see us come flying out of the gates. He took his goal on saturday beautifully and it was one of those that you knew was going in as soon as he got the ball.

Hart  :022: :022: :022: - Good luck at County. I for one would have liked RH to have stayed. We all make mistakes and he could still do a good job for ICT.

McAllister  :020: :020: :020: - See Graham Bayne !!!

Brewster :020: :020: :022: :022: :022: - This is a hard one. I am torn. 10 days ago I would have put 5 thumbs down but it is amazing how seeing a game in person and talking to a few people off the record will change an opinion. Brewster is making some massive changes in the background and we have only seen some of the results so far. I dont like all that has happened, or the manner in which it has been portrayed, but I do understand some of the background a lot better now than I did before and he may not be the devil that has been portrayed (more to come on this later).

Brewster will either be a massive success next season or he will fall flat on his face but I now believe that he should be given the chance to continue down the path he has started to take us along.

Based mainly on away matches:

FRASER: 6/10

Looks too casual at times and has made some terrible mistakes. However, bearing in mind that it's his first full season, he's been reasonably consistent. Save against Celtic was best moment of the season. Deserves respect for recovering well from disasters against Killie and Aberdeen.

ROSSCOE: 5/10

How do we solve the Rosscoe problem? He's really important for us going forward, he drives the team at times with his energy and commitment and is a true ICT legend but without doubt, Tokely's poor positioning and inability to get back down the park when he loses the ball is one of the major reasons we've defended so badly this season.

HASTINGS: 4/10

Gives his all and is a good athlete but not a footballer. Needs replaced.

PROCTOR: 5/10

The jury's still out on Brew's golden boy. Has been an eager deputy at right-back, centre-half and right-midfield - never letting the team team down wherever he plays. Is he a centre-half? I'm still not convinced and hope Brew doesn't gamble on it. He's a great guy to have in the squad though.

MUNRO: 6/10

Has struggled to recapture the form of the last two seasons without Dods by his side. Still our most composed and commanding defender this season but that doesn't say much. With the right partner, Granty can be a great ICT captain.

MCGUIRE: 3/10

Had a steady start but lost the plot after New Year. Doesn't win enough in air and suffers from lapses in concentration.

DUNCAN: 7/10

Initially picked up from where he'd left off last season in scintillating form before dipping in the last few months.

Away from home, the importance of Russell Duncan really comes to the fore as we have less of the ball and he does a great job in stopping teams going forward with it. I do have sympathy for season-ticket holders who watch him giving the ball ayay every weekt though.

BLACK: 7/10

I thought this would be the season for Blackie to really shine and show himself to be one of the top midfielders in the SPL.

It didn't quite happen that way. He's our best player, the best passer of the ball, the most intelligent footballer and should be the heart of the team. At times though, his heart hasn't been in it. Fair play to him for cutting out the silly bookings but in doing so, his edge has been blunted a little. He's also failed to pose enough of a threat going forward. Early in the season, Brew tried to play him further forward but he didn't deliver there. Has been comfortable since then in the 4-5-1, but doesn't control games as he should.

COWIE: 8/10

Outstanding first season. Agree completely with the decision to move him inside. Passes and moves better than most of our attacking players so shouldn't be stuck out on the wing. Would benefit greatly from having pacy strikers in front of him.

MCBAIN: 6/10

Victim of most ridiculous team selection of the season when Brew played him on the right against Rangers.

"Good players can play anywhere," said the gaffer but he was wrong - Roy is a good player but he can't play on the right.  Nor is he at his best on the left.  Has performed well recently in the centre of the park and deputised ably at left-back when Hastings was injured. Another good guy to have in the squad.

NICULAE: 7/10

Wasn?t fit for the first three months and shouldn?t have been playing. Is coming onto a game now and it?s great to watch such a classy player playing for ICT. 

WYNESS: 5/10

Started the season so well and hasn?t had a run in the team following injury.

A ?confidence player? with no confidence. Needs to play alongside pace.

BAYNE: 4/10

Had his chances and didn?t take them. Great effort as always and but doesn?t dominate in the air and can?t score goals regularly at this level.

And on the fringes:

MARKUS and RORY haven?t done enough to deserve new contracts.

BARRY MUST STAY

BREWSTER MUST GO