FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BT Hub Phone

SMEE

Anyone know why my new BT HUB PHONE does not ring when my home is called? I can dial out, and, if someone is on my normal phone, i can pick up the hub phone and take the call over. But it is just not ringing :024:

I know i can phone help line but just thought ad check here first

Is it possible you have exceeded your REN value.A house has a REN (ring equivelance number i think) of 4 and each unit plugged in has a value i.e. fax,routers, sky box etc if values add up to over 4 then phones wont ring and you may need a REN booster see link and scroll down

REN booster

My brother had a similar problem with his BT Hub...not sure what the cause was but think they ended up having to get an Engineer out to look at it.

I've set up a couple of these for people and they have to be the most fidgety awkward feckin things I have ever had the displeasure of trying to get setup properly.

I got to the bottom of my problem. I need to be signed up to Broadband Talk, allowing me to make calls via internet. You get a seperate phone number too. If not signed up, its more or less like an ordinary phone.