FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Smell the hat!

gordyfromsneck

Sitting 5th, scoring freely, defence solidish...is this any way for relegation contenders to carry on!

Several tipsters have put us down for The Drop this season. I suggest - and yes, I realise that I could be chicken counting here - that we compile a list of contenders for The Graham Spiers Annual ICT Hat award for Central-belt Bias and all round Lack of Belief.

So from the BBC website, J'accuse Chick Young and Billy Dodds.

BBC Start of season predictions

Any others professionals been shortsighted and ignorant?

Sitting 5th, scoring freely, defence solidish...is this any way for relegation contenders to carry on!

Several tipsters have put us down for The Drop this season. I suggest - and yes, I realise that I could be chicken counting here - that we compile a list of contenders for The Graham Spiers Annual ICT Hat award for Central-belt Bias and all round Lack of Belief.

So from the BBC website, J'accuse Chick Young and Billy Dodds.

BBC Start of season predictions

Scott Booth was ridiculously confident that we'd go down.

Sitting 5th, scoring freely, defence solidish.

Christ.. Wouldn't quite go that far.. Haven't kept a clean sheet since Aberdeen, and that includes conceding 2 against Arbroath.

But all is still going ok, hopefully we can keep it up eh.

If, and when, we prove them wrong again then.. :rotflmao: Get it rite up them :thumb04:

Guest BillyOceansXI

Considering who we've played so far in the League i'd have expected less points than we actually do so in that sense we've started well but its still early and we cannot be getting carried away with ourselfs especially after the Arbroath result. If we don't make some signings before the end of the deadling i feel we may struggle if injuries start occuring.

Edited by BillyOceansXI

I don't think they've been ignorant, they're just doing their job. My prediction was either Killie or us and I'm more than happy to be wrong.

If the players read stuff like that and get fired up by it then carry on I say.

Anyway its far too early to be saying we're going to be safe at the moment.

"Inverness have been in the SPL for a while and it is getting more difficult for them to stay up. I think Hamilton can survive." - Chick Young

We've been in the SPL for a while? Is that not the point, Chick? Celtic and Rangers have been in the SPL for a while too. He reckons its going to be easier for a team of young lads to stay up than us who know exactly how to stay up with **** all money.

What kind of bullsh*t logic is that? He's obviously just desperate for us to get the drop in order for another central belt team to get in so that he doesn't have to come up the road again.

I hope we stay up and County come up as well and that'll get it right up him.

Guest RPFaither

Why even think about relegation? Why bother with what Dodds, Booth etc think? Stick it right up them by picking up points all over Scotland. ICT have shown over several seasons now that they are solid performers in the SPL - no one, but NO ONE relishes coming to Inverness. Long may that continue.

NO NEGATIVITY. Agree with the comment above - let's worry if things are looking bad 4 games from the END OF THE SEASON. It has been a funny start for all teams - anyone been able to predict results of games?

Very early days yet to be dismissing the prospect of relegation.

I find your lack of faith disappointing especially when you have the word moderator under your name

I appreciate that you are entitled to your own opinion but its the start of the season. Lets not write the team off thanks!

it's that nugget on radio Clyde hugh keevins I cannas stand he said he hopes we get relegated because he hates the A9, what kind of a stupid excuse is that?

Keevins is a turd

I hope he comes up the A9 in the winter, gets stuck in the snow and is eaten by a mad stag.

Fantastic start to the season for us. Was just watching the 30 seconds of highlights and we were silky. Entertaining and winning, that's what its all about! :rotflmao:

Thing that is worrying me a wee bit though is the international break is next week. Last time we had one of them we lost momentum and went on a mammoth losing streak. Lets hope this time we can keep playing well the following week.

it's that nugget on radio Clyde hugh keevins I cannas stand he said he hopes we get relegated because he hates the A9, what kind of a stupid excuse is that?

Keevins is a turd

It's a great excuse if it keeps him south of Perth!

I find your lack of faith disappointing especially when you have the word moderator under your name

I appreciate that you are entitled to your own opinion but its the start of the season. Lets not write the team off thanks!

I wouldn't say that's a lack of faith at all, we're on 7 points after 4 games which is great but it is 4 games from 38 so 34 still to play. As for Kingsmills being a moderator;

Wiki definition:

A forum moderator, often shortened to just mod, is a person granted special powers to enforce the rules of an Internet forum (message board) or electronic mailing list. Almost all moderators on all forums can move discussions to different sections of the forum, close discussions, edit the content of individual postings, answer questions (or help people with problems), and 'stick' discussions so they remain visible in their forum section even if no new postings are made to them. Different forums may give their moderators further powers, such as being able to block/ban people from the message board who are trolling or breaking the rules of the message board.

No requirement there for rose tinted glasses.

I don't see why Kingsmills being a Moderator has anything to do with his opinion nor why it should force an opinion upon him simply because he is one.

We purposely tried to choose moderators who had a wide spectrum of opinions so that when problems arise we can reach a well rounded solution. Moderators are free to post their own opinions just like anyone else.

Surely if you start a sentence like that, you must be Darth Vader? Distant relative perhaps?