FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tickets for Celtic Match

FortressICT

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If prices remain the same as last year adults will be ?27 Main Stand, ?22 North Stand and ?17 Family Section.

However, the last I heard from the club was that ticket prices for OF home matches were still to be confirmed as the club had not made a decision on what they would be doing in regards to the 5% Levy being imposed by Rangers and Celtic.

If prices remain the same as last year adults will be ?27 Main Stand, ?22 North Stand and ?17 Family Section.

However, the last I heard from the club was that ticket prices for OF home matches were still to be confirmed as the club had not made a decision on what they would be doing in regards to the 5% Levy being imposed by Rangers and Celtic.

that should only apply to away fans as its the handling fee for away tickets. only wrinkle might be the fact that away tickets have usually been available for most games for the same price as home ones ... dont think thats a rule though, more of an 'agreement'

ICT (or any club) are not allowed to charge away fans more than they charge home fans for "comparable accommodation", which means that we could not charge visiting fans more to sit in the South Stand than we charge for the North Stand.

Aberdeen faced this problem and ended up having to increase all tickets by ?1 (I think) and then giving all home fans a voucher for ?1 off their next match ticket purchase.

C14.6.1Except as provided in Rule C14.6.2, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at the same League Match.

C14.6.2The prohibition in Rule C14.6.1 does not apply to any:-

C14.6.2.1 element of discount in the admission price per League Match integral in the price of a Season ticket for all of the home League Matches of the relevant Club for the complete Season in which the relevant League Match falls;

C14.6.2.2 concessionary admission prices for the relevant League Match charged exclusively to persons who are senior citizens, children and/or disabled and who qualify as such; and

C14.6.2.3 concessionary admission prices for the relevant League Match charged to individuals comprised in groups of two or more persons, at least one of whom must be less than sixteen years of age, for admission together to a bona fide family enclosure exclusively used and designated as such for the complete Season in which the relevant League Match falls.”

We should follow Falkirk's example and sell all the tickets for this match, home and way, ourselves unless Celtic back down on the handling fee.

I agree 100% with this. Sell the tickets ourselves and tell the OF to stick their 5%! Given the number of OF fans in Inverness we'd have no hassle at all in selling these tickets.

Its a shame we cant just say there are NO away tickets available and sell them all to ICT fans ..... then kick out anyone entering the ground wearing OF colours. Unfortunately, we have to give them a minimum of 5% of the tickets which in our case would be 375 or so.

I agree 100% with this. Sell the tickets ourselves and tell the OF to stick their 5%! Given the number of OF fans in Inverness we'd have no hassle at all in selling these tickets.

Falkirk had no problem selling their allocation to their mong contingent so I can't see us having any problems. Stick this 5% up your backside!

Its a shame we cant just say there are NO away tickets available and sell them all to ICT fans ..... then kick out anyone entering the ground wearing OF colours. Unfortunately, we have to give them a minimum of 5% of the tickets which in our case would be 375 or so.

If ever there was a case for slightly expanding the West Stand (an extra 125 seats should do it) this would be it! Firstly we would be able to charge whatever we wanted for the seats since it is not comparable to anywhere else in the ground, then allocate them to the OF and pray for rain! :rotflmao:

Edited by billyshears

Mike Smith at ICT has sent out the following email.

Tickets for the Celtic game are now on sale. In line with club policy priority purchase is given to Season Ticket holders, Shareholders, Supporters Trust, Supporters Club & Centenary Club members. Any unsold tickets will go on general sale to the public at 10am on Wednesday 1st October.

South Stand (Away) tickets will be sold via Celtic FC. In line with the majority of other SPL clubs the Club has reluctantly accepted a ticket levy charge imposed by Celtic.

Prices for this game are:

• Main Stand (covered) ? Adult ?29/Concession ?24
  • North/West/Main Stand (uncovered) & South Stands ? Adult ?24/Concession ?19
  • Family Section ? Adult ?19/Senior Citizens/Student ?17/Child ?11

I'm very disapponted in the club for caving in on this issue. A 5% handling charge this season, what price a 10 % charge next year. I fear this may be the thin end of the wedge.

I am furious that they have not told Celtic to piss off. I would love to know what Mike Smith knows that we don't with regards to the majority comment. As far as I am aware there is no majority whatsoever in this issue. Falkirk have managed to handle it no problem whatsoever with no loss of revenue.

Hopefully those at ICT remember to pull their trousers up after getting reemed by the Old Firm again. Hugely disappointed in them. But that's just the norm with those off the field at ICT these days :thumb04:

EDIT: A quick look on P & B shows that the majority have in fact either not agreed to this plan or, if they have, they have raised the prices of tickets so the extra cash Rangers and Celtic will recoup are being cancelled out by their loyal fans having to pay more to get to these games. What a great way to treat your fans :rotflmao:

Shame that ICT have decided to ignore this and then try and tell us that the majority have agreed when it is clearly not the case.

Edited by RiG

How can the club justify these prices, adding ?4 on to every ticket seems excesive particularly for the kids. Thats a 60% increase for kids in the family section from "normal" prices.

Is this the way that the club are re-couping the 5% surcharge by screwing their own supporters!

How can the club justify these prices, adding ?4 on to every ticket seems excesive particularly for the kids. Thats a 60% increase for kids in the family section from "normal" prices.

Is this the way that the club are re-couping the 5% surcharge by screwing their own supporters!

I never noticed the price increase actually. Are those the standard prices for these games? :rotflmao:

Or are ICT doing an Aberdeen with regards to this ticketing issue?

These are the standard prices for the old firm coming to Inverness. There does not seem to be any deal like Aberdeen.

Also the price increase is for main stand too so the arguament of only increasing for the "same type" of seating as away fans doesn't stand up neither.

Another money making scheme by our lovely board disguised as part of the 5% issue. :rotflmao:

As if its not expensive enought to take the family to the football!

With these price increases, and since this game is on tv, i'm going to guess that crowd figures will be around the 6k mark...

We'll see, supply and demand n all that. It's not strange that the away fans have had their prices increased to cover the 5% surcharge but it is very inadvisable to punish the home fans too. Well out of order.

This should be unbelievable, but sadly it does not surprise me in the slightest.

I'm with RossP and I'll predict our lowest ever attendance against the OF in the SPL to date, and a large increase in the number of OF fans in the Home End as a result of ICT fans not being interested in taking up the tickets.

There's a reason blood-letting fell out of fashion in the late 19th Century....it's because people realised that it did more harm than good.