Kilmarnock match thread

ictchris

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FULL TIME STATS

ICT KILLIE

3 Goals 1 (McGuire (21), Barrowman (43p), Black (81) - Sammon (4))

7 Shots On Target 1

6 Shots Off Target 4

8 Corners 0

17 Fouls (Conceded) 20

1 Yellow Cards 5

0 Red Cards 1

Crowd: 3,426

after 4 minutes who would have thought we would be up to 4th by quarter to five.... :rotflmao:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

FT 3-1. Great result as our unpredictable season continues. Sounds like we worked hard and also kept our heads while Killie's players lost theirs. Also sounds like Black was superb again. Well done to the team - looking forward to Tanndice, although Utd fairly turned over Hearts today.

Great performance and great win taking us 4th for now! I apologise for my defeatist attitude earlier! Glad Black stayed on AND got a goal (even funnier that it was from a header :rotflmao: ) maybe Brewster heard all the boo's from last week when Black was subbed.

McGuire was probably the last person you could have predicted to score but fair play to him and hopefully this will boost his confidence ten fold...

All in all every player should be proud and this could maybe be the start of a run!

imrie sponsors man of the match and well deserved. great performance after a dodgy start which had me worried we were in for a doing. fraser had a shocker for theyre goal but recovered well and all in all a great performance from all.good to see russell back in midfield

After a rather shaky start, we came on to a good game and thoroughly deserved the result in the end, helped by the way the Killie players rather lost their heads.

I really feared for us in the first 15 mins, when Taouil and Fernandez roamed wild all over the pitch, and a real rush of blood from Ike left us a goal down. He made his mind up really early to come for a high ball from the halfway line, only to run into shedloads of traffic and looked like a complete pillock when the ball went past him and was tapped in by Sammon.

Our equalizer was fairly against the run of play, but changed the game completely. A half-cleared set play fell to McGuire on the edge of the box, and I swear he sliced his volley, but it floated past Combe into the top corner. I think the keeper misjudged it, thinking it was heading over the bar.

Then came the penalty, and the fallout from it, with umpteen Killie players losing it completely, not least Combe who might have seen more than a yellow card for his protests. Was it a spot kick? Barrowman showed glorious footwork in the box, but seemed to have run it out of play when he fell over. That said, I was miles away and hardly had a good view. No doubt about the way he took the pen though, whamming it into the top corner. From his rather exuberant celebrations, I'd say he enjoyed it!

Killie were broken after that, and never offered much in the second half. Fowler got his second yellow for a stupid handball at the halfway line, and Black's looping header from a good 15 yards out made it three. The defender on the line made a pig's ear of dealing with it, mind. Cowie came off the bench and should have knocked in a late fourth, but shot straight at the keeper after a great move.

Good performance, stand outs today were Blackie, who played further up the pitch than recently and made a real impact, Barrowman who looked as sharp as he did against Aberdeen and put in a power of work, and most of all Dougie Imrie who ran all day long and caused Killie's defenders kittens.

In fact, I can't even think of a reason to criticize McGuire today. I must be dreaming...

I feared the worst after the opening goal and for the first 15 minutes of the game we were very poor. Then McGuire popped in a beauty and we never looked back :clapping

There were some superb individual performances today but in general the whole team played well. Looked like Fraser was at fault for the opener and I'm going to have to see the penalty award on TV as it looked suspiciously soft from where I was sitting.

Imrie ran his backside off and it has to be between him & Black for MOTM. Also honurable mentions for the displays from Duncan, Vigurs & Barrowman who kept harrassing the Kilmarnock throughout. McBain was about the only non-performer and he should have been off much earlier.

Odd refeering decisions prevailed but as we got the rub of the green on the important ones I suppose we shouldn't complain. Very amusing to watch Jefferies doing his nut over the awarding of throw-ins - his blood pressure must be a worry.

Poor turnout crowdwise but considering recent home displays that's probably understandable. If we keep playing like we did for the vast majority of todays game I think more people will return

TODAY WAS GOOD DAY AT THE OFFICE :rotflmao:

PS For what it's worth the wee number 10 of Kilmarnock is a cracking wee player - Tamouil??

For the first 15 minutes we punted the ball up the park and looked to be on the receivng end of a thrashing.

Then the team played passing football and the gamed turned around.

Thought Imrie and Black were both very good but all the team played well.

Deserved the points.

neksor

Agree with most of what's been said - howler by Fraser and lucky not to be 2 down after 5, but gradually started playing decent football for rest of the first half. Vigurs is quality. Couldn't see whether the penalty was right but we probably deserved to be ahead at half time. As others have said Killie imploded for the second half and hardly looked like doing anything.

Phew, a win, well done to the boys.

Not to sound to non believer, but thats us lost this game :rotflmao:

Oh ye of little faith.

Sounds like a good win. Whats more a win at home - finally. Seems like an age!

Well done lads!!

Haha I did apologise for that wee moment of madness :thumb04:

Fraser did not make a mistake, he gave Kilmarnock an early lead so they would get cocky, Jim Jefferies would lose the head, and Fowler would get sent off, Bannerman would work harder, Imrie would show that he is a winner, and Black would show that if he waits two years, takes his time, he will be come a great player, and finally, that McGuire, despite abuse, would completely bamboozle a Scottish International goal keeper into watching a mis hit shot nestle into the net to equalise.

Pretty good game, what is it with these two teams and scoring barrow-loads of goals. Nice celebration from Andy, i don't know what the killie players and fans were raging about, the comentators said it was a clear penalty, i suppose we'll see in the hidhlights.

The best player on that park was Ian Black, followed closely by Imrie and Barrowman. See what happens when we play those two? For the record, vigurs also impressed today. I thought he played well, but tired a little in the end.

A good performance, the fans responeded, black rises like a salmon to head a 18 yard header home, imrie plays fantastic, barrowman scores, fraser makes a mistake, roscoe plays well-ish, hastings and mcguire look dependable.

WHAT IS GOING ON??? :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Pretty good game, what is it with these two teams and scoring barrow-loads of goals. Nice celebration from Andy, i don't know what the killie players and fans were raging about, the comentators said it was a clear penalty, i suppose we'll see in the hidhlights.

The best player on that park was Ian Black, followed closely by Imrie and Barrowman. See what happens when we play those two? For the record, vigurs also impressed today. I thought he played well, but tired a little in the end.

A good performance, the fans responeded, black rises like a salmon to head a 18 yard header home, imrie plays fantastic, barrowman scores, fraser makes a mistake, roscoe plays well-ish, hastings and mcguire look dependable.

WHAT IS GOING ON??? :thumb04: :018: :rotflmao:

We lose 1-0 to Hearts... ;)

Only joking. Sounds like Imrie took a lot of confidence from midweek and really played well. Good for him. How did Barrowman look to you, goal apart? He did my head in at Tynecastle because he did so little. I know he's a goalscorer and wants to keep the shape of the team correct, but he did so little last week that it looked like he was taking the pis5.