FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster Appreciation Thread

Stevie

There are problems with our team but as things stand we are fourth in the league and in the quarter-finals of the league cup.

Lets put it in perspective tho. A loss yesterday could EASILY have seen us sitting SECOND BOTTOM, such is the precarious nature of our league position!

We are in the Quarter Finals courtesy of STRUGGLING to dispose of two teams we should be easily dispatching in 90 mins.

The way i see it, we should be able of putting teams like Hamilton and St Midden to the sword at home. And its games like that i find so difficult to accept if the outcome isnt favourable. I do not have unreasonable expectations.

If we are in a similar position at half way point, giv or take a position or two, then great, we are doing exceptionally well. Come the end of the season, i really dont think a minimum position of 9th- 8th is too much to wish for.

As the saying goes, if my auntie etc etc.

When did our fans become so arrogant that we thinkt he manager should be sacked for not 'putting teams like Hamilton and St Midden to the sword at home'? Unbelievable stuff.

Still a lot of ppl creaming their pants because of our artificially high league position i see.

If your manager cant oversee the demise of teams like Hamilton and St Midden at home...theres not much hope for him the rest of the time i would say. Simple! Lets not forget...thats only our 4th home win in the whole of 2008!

Its obvious I am no fan of the man, and i will excercise my right to express my critiscisms of him as and when i see fit. Much the same way those of the other persuasion do.

Edited by SMEE

There are problems with our team but as things stand we are fourth in the league and in the quarter-finals of the league cup.

Lets put it in perspective tho. A loss yesterday could EASILY have seen us sitting SECOND BOTTOM

Very good Smee.

And wins against Hamilton and St Mirren could EASILY have seen us sitting JOINT TOP.

You seem rather sad and clapless?

When it comes to all things ICT, yeah...am less than happy! A few changes could see that changed tho. Apart from that....am quite content with my lot thanx very much!

In fact..here is my bug bears so its all out in the open.

Dont want Brew here.

Fraser out of goal

McAllister binned as he is a waste of a wage!

Apart from that, am skippy-doo

Edited by SMEE

"When it comes to all things ICT, yeah...am less than happy! A few changes could see that changed tho. Apart from that....am quite content with my lot thanx very much!

In fact..here is my bug bears so its all out in the open.

Dont want Brew here.

Fraser out of goal

McAllister binned as he is a waste of a wage!

Apart from that, am skippy-doo"

This seems very subjective. When a team is performing well is it not better to look at the good rather than get bogged down in negative. Why not appreciate some of the good side of ICT and provide some logical discussion as to why you views are they way they are.

Edited by zxycba

If we go on a winning streak, Brew's name will be linked with vacancies. Our supporters will say 'Hands off!' If we go on a losing streak, the supporters will help drown him and the team. Nobody can win in football surely?

Leaving for something better does not always guarantee success. I think the answer there is, hopefully, ICT is the place to be because he wants to be there. If we show our appreciation, instead of making things look bad all the time, it would invite Brew to stay for a long period if we are doing well. Brew will be happy with success but he has also seen the opposite. If the team and supporters show they appreciate him, this will add to his success achieved with the club.

The same goes for the players too.

I think some of the comments put on the forum are by people who would never be happy. If we reached the top six, they would moan if we did make Europe. If we made Europe we would have to make the final and then win it. There is always something better to want somewhere. Why not show some appreciation for what we do have and help nurture it forward.

If we go on a winning streak, Brew's name will be linked with vacancies. Our supporters will say 'Hands off!' If we go on a losing streak, the supporters will help drown him and the team. Nobody can win in football surely?

Leaving for something better does not always guarantee success. I think the answer there is, hopefully, ICT is the place to be because he wants to be there. If we show our appreciation, instead of making things look bad all the time, it would invite Brew to stay for a long period if we are doing well. Brew will be happy with success but he has also seen the opposite. If the team and supporters show they appreciate him, this will add to his success achieved with the club.

The same goes for the players too.

I think some of the comments put on the forum are by people who would never be happy. If we reached the top six, they would moan if we did make Europe. If we made Europe we would have to make the final and then win it. There is always something better to want somewhere. Why not show some appreciation for what we do have and help nurture it forward.

i agree with you, i guess some folk just love a moan. i think if we were to get into the top six and possibly a final or semi of a domestic cup then great...if we were to achieve this and people were still moaning then they need to lighten up.

I have managed to see most of the games so far - except for the cup tie's - and I think Brewster is

doing just fine. This league is very open and on a good day Caley are capable of beating any team is this league. As a manager Brewster seems to be able to motivate the team / encourage's the lads and well like most other managers sometimes he get the subs right and sometimes he does'nt but I dont think the hassle he gets on this site is warranted. The team is now 4th and in the quarter final of the league cup so give him and your team a break and start supporting them.

COME ON CALEY

he's a fine manager!

we're doing better than people thought we'd do.

we are sitting 4th in the table and have reached the quarter-finals of the Cooperative insurance cup.

we have to support him.

he's doing a fine job he just has to sort the team out and we should be heading for new heights.

• 3 months later...

I'll take a chance and start this thread before the Killie game, but honestly I can't believe the critisicm this guy is takin just now.

We're sitting 7th (okay it's early days) and in the league cup Q-F's, I admit Brew has made a couple of team selections that I wouldn't.

Basically the way I see it is, Brewster has actually improved the squad with the signings of Rooney (a great addition), Imrie ( a more potent player than Rankin) Esson (an excellent back-up for Fraser) and Barrowman.

To my mind he has dealt with youngsters Garry Wood, Ian Vigurs and Duff in the correct manner and they too have become superb additions to our squad.

Quiet honestly I don't know where folk expect ICT to be, but 7th is , in my book , highly respectable. How much would the likes of Dundee, Morton, Q.O.S. St. Johnstone etc. like to be in our position !

Craig Brewster proved himself in his 1st stint at Inverness, and in my opinion he's doing fine 2nd time around !

I feel the club , for it's size , is in a very healthy state, and I've got absolutely no fears about relegation.

As far as I'm concerned Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Craig Brewster are doing just fine !

:rotflmao:

Nah, I've not gone into hiding, just really little point in posting.

When that thread was started, ICT were about to beat Killie and go 4th. I and a good few others (if you read the whole thread you'll see there were many with me) felt Brewster was getting a hard time from a few and didn't deserve it.

I admit Brewster now seems to have lost the dressing room, it didn't appear to be that way to me at the time.

I guess I'll have to bow to the anti-Brewster camp's much superior technical football knowledge.

Now, I'm away to checkout a few members forum history ! :rotflmao:

I have no fear over relegation. In fact I relish it. Bottom of the league and we're no!

12 points coming over the bridge next season. :rotflmao:

A well, I suppose first division football will have it's compensations. That's assuming County don't go straight back to the second.