FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A man finished

Alex MacLeod

What Brew really needs to do this week is do a Redknapp and really motivate the team and make them believe in themselves again

If he was at all even slightly capable of any of this we would not be in the position we are in.

We have never been the best team in the SPL, we have never been the worst. We will never win every game but the facts are, under brew we have had our 2 worst run of results. Robbo, CC or Pele were all good coaches with differing levels of experience and ability, the one thing that they all did have was the players respect.

For all this "we are 5 points off top 6" mince - WAKE UP - We are 1 point off the bottom and that is to Hamilton. Who have beaten us. At home.

Our form this year is relegation material and likely in the worst 3 teams in the whole of Scotland.

The manager is not capable. That is quite clear. Those that cannot see it or refuse to accept it, what do you want? Once we are relegated will it be a case of "we can bounce right back"?

We need to at least attempt to fix this now. Not carry on as if there is no problem as even David Blunkett could see that there is.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I think this thread says it all.

A man finished.

He is now resorting to desperate measures, even listening to the wants of the fans, clutching at straws. The reason for this, I don't believe Mr Brewster knows how to change things around on his own. We shout for 4-4-2, he oddly enough changes our successful away pattern and gives us 4-4-2? We ask for Imrie & Cowie to play on their natural sides, we get that, we ask for Rooney to start, we get that, we ask for Esson to start ahead of Mike, we have that, we want Proctor at right back we get that..........what we don't get is a manager laying out his plans in a constructive way. The changing round of the strikers baffles me, no continuity whatsoever. We can't go on like this without drastic changes to the management system.

I'm sorry Craig, but before you do more damage to your fragile reputation, please let this club go and give us back our football team. I am sure you are a decent enough guy, but decent enough guys don't win anything. We need a winner, a motivator and a reasonable tactician..............we have none of these at the moment. It can't be easy on you either, hassle every week, please please please, let go, just for once, admit you need more time at a lesser level to hone your skills, you will probably come back a better manager for it, but don't take us down with you.

I think this thread says it all.

A man finished.

He is now resorting to desperate measures, even listening to the wants of the fans, clutching at straws. The reason for this, I don't believe Mr Brewster knows how to change things around on his own. We shout for 4-4-2, he oddly enough changes our successful away pattern and gives us 4-4-2? We ask for Imrie & Cowie to play on their natural sides, we get that, we ask for Rooney to start, we get that, we ask for Esson to start ahead of Mike, we have that, we want Proctor at right back we get that..........what we don't get is a manager laying out his plans in a constructive way. The changing round of the strikers baffles me, no continuity whatsoever. We can't go on like this without drastic changes to the management system.

I'm sorry Craig, but before you do more damage to your fragile reputation, please let this club go and give us back our football team. I am sure you are a decent enough guy, but decent enough guys don't win anything. We need a winner, a motivator and a reasonable tactician..............we have none of these at the moment. It can't be easy on you either, hassle every week, please please please, let go, just for once, admit you need more time at a lesser level to hone your skills, you will probably come back a better manager for it, but don't take us down with you.

I wouldn't argue with any of that.

Guest Spectre

I'm sorry but do you really believe all this?

Brewster only played 4-4-2 because of postings on this site?

"Natural side" isn't more suitably for 4-4-2 (as he did for Hearts match)?

Esson got his chance not because Fraser had had a few bad games but because the fans had noticed this too? Otherwise Brewster would not have noticed at all that Mikey was going through a bad spell or would have ignored it?

Choosing whether to play McGuire, Proctor or Duff at CB isn't a tough decision with arguments in all directions?

Striker rotation isn't a policy adopted by a lot of Managers, plus is needed to give them all a chance to put their hand up for a start when nobody's been outstanding.

And, shock horror, the Manager doesn't lay his plans out for the delectation of the CTO Championship Manager RPG crew.

Isn't it wonderful, everyone can complain if he doesn't play their pet system and selections, and then when he does they can moan about it again.

I admire your loyalty spectre.

I don't believe he only played 4-4-2 because of this site, but I do belive he has completely lost the plot and he is unwilling to accept any criticism from any quarter.

We have no direction at the moment..........wait minute, we do, we are going down.

See you in the first division.

Esson got his chance not because Fraser had had a few bad games but because the fans had noticed this too? Otherwise Brewster would not have noticed at all that Mikey was going through a bad spell or would have ignored it?

Choosing whether to play McGuire, Proctor or Duff at CB isn't a tough decision with arguments in all directions?

Striker rotation isn't a policy adopted by a lot of Managers, plus is needed to give them all a chance to put their hand up for a start when nobody's been outstanding.

And, shock horror, the Manager doesn't lay his plans out for the delectation of the CTO Championship Manager RPG crew.

Isn't it wonderful, everyone can complain if he doesn't play their pet system and selections, and then when he does they can moan about it again.

Are you being deliberately dense? At no point has anyone said play a 4-4-2 away from home. Everyone has made a point of bemoaning the anti-football 4-5-1 at home.

Spectre - blind faith inevitably leads to a dead end. His performance with Dundee United, where he was given considerably greater resources than he has here, should have been warning enough. Had they not acted when they did they would have been relegated, and he has simply carried the same performance here with him. There is no Gretna to save us this season, and every press interview he gives increases the impression that here is a man at a loss as to how to turn this around. Returning to the first division would be a disaster for the club on every level - action must be taken asap.

Only if it's Malden sea salt and organic vinegar.

An old but worthy tactic for forums spectre, I have used it many times myself to great effect. Drag the thread as far from the original topic as possible by acting the fool in the hope that it goes away and all those with opposing viewpoints forget what they were talking about.

I tip my hat to you sir.

forget all the back and forth personal squabbles ........

The simple FACT of the matter is that right now his league record shows that he has so far overseen a league season where we have lost 61.11% of our games.

Last season he oversaw a season where we lost 51.43% of games and he was sacked from DUFC by Eddie Thompson after winning just 2 in 28 games, something that prompted the late United chairman to apologise to fans of the club.

In comparison, Sergei Baltacha "left" after losing just under 42% of his league games, Steve Paterson's worst season (01/02) saw us lose 38.89% of games, and Robbo left just a small way into 04/05 having lost 58% of his games (although in his case we were playing at Pittodrie in our first SPL season after coming off our second best season ever so perhaps he could be given some slack). Charlie Christie's record during his only complete season was to lose 36.84% of games so Mr Brewster's current performance as manager is quite simply

THE WORST IN THE HISTORY OF INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE FOOTBALL CLUB

.... and that is a FACT

now go back and read that sentence again ... this timing pausing for half a second between each word !!!!!

I don't care about all the internal politics !

I don't care about who is pals with who (or not) !
I don't care which "interested party" is trying to score points from which other "interested party" !
I don't care about Mr Brewster's personal life !
I don't care about Mr Brewster's rumoured strained relations with the squad !
I don't care that Mr Brewster left us before and then came back !
I don't care about all the dirty tricks going on in the back channels !

What i DO care about is Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club and as respectful as I want to be to everyone else's opinions, I would suggest that if you choose to ignore the current situation, or think it will somehow miraculously get better without some drastic action, you are sadly mistaken.

I accept that we may not exactly be swimming with cash, and I expect our financial reports next year to raise a lot of questions. I also fully accept that we dont have a lot of options we can afford ...... but Eddie Thompson - as he was apologising to Dundee Utd fans for Brewster's reign at Tannadice - reckoned the relegation of his club would cost them close to TWO MILLION POUNDS .... so I respectfully ask the question ... can we (as a club and a fanbase) afford NOT to do something?

Some may say I am being unrealistic ... I do not think so. At the end of the day, I am grateful we are in the SPL, I applaud the efforts of everyone who has kept us there for the last few seasons and that includes players, officials, and team management. I do not expect us to win every game, I do not expect us to be in the top six every year, but I do expect us to at least compete with other teams rather than lie down and be royally shafted week after week with the odd respite where we wake up and put in a performance. The players have to shoulder some of the blame for bad performances, but the bottom line is that the buck stops with the manager and if he cannot get guys who have previously performed for other managers to perform for him then he should step aside as he is quite simply not doing the job he is employed to do.

As the signature (borrowed from Toronto FC fans) says .......... WE DESERVE BETTER.

Todays Press & Journal quotes Brewster stating that the players did not work hard enough and therefore it was their fault that ICT lost.

This man blames everyone but himself! It really is time he took responsibility for the problems and RESIGNED!

neksor

Edited by neksor

Link for those interested in the P&J "story". I'm no longer surprised at how arrogant Brewster is in his match summaries. Any time I read stories like that it just makes me angry :rotflmao:

Meanwhile the Board have had nigh on a day to sweat it out over what to do - Their silence is deafening... :thumb04:

Edited by Jay_7

Link for those interested in the P&J "story". I'm no longer surprised at how arrogant Brewster is in his match summaries. Any time I read stories like that it just makes me angry :rotflmao:

Meanwhile the Board have had nigh on a day to sweat it out over what to do - Their silence is deafening... :thumb04:

I think that about sums it up, who is surprised by his after match comments anymore, not once has he taken a bit of blame for anything that has gone wrong this season.

I think that about sums it up, who is surprised by his after match comments anymore, not once has he taken a bit of blame for anything that has gone wrong this season.

When I started learning my trade, working in ships' engine rooms, I was given possibly one of the most valuable pieces of advice I have ever received.

If you **** up and admit to it you will look like an idiot for a while, if you **** up and don't admit it you will be an idiot your whole life

When I started learning my trade, working in ships' engine rooms, I was given possibly one of the most valuable pieces of advice I have ever received.

If you **** up and admit to it you will look like an idiot for a while, if you **** up and don't admit it you will be an idiot your whole life

Yup - was given a similar piece of advice .... always thought the first step to recovering or learning from your mistakes is to acknowledge you made one in the first place ! If you cant admit to mistakes, then there is no way you can learn from them.

Yup - was given a similar piece of advice .... always thought the first step to recovering or learning from your mistakes is to acknowledge you made one in the first place ! If you cant admit to mistakes, then there is no way you can learn from them.

Exactly, and maybe just maybe if he came out and said I screwed up there but I know that and will do everything in my power to make sure the same mistakes dont happen again people might just have a bit more of patience with him. The worrying thing is he seems to think he is doing a decent job but everyone about him is screwing it up