FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What is wrong?

tm4tj

OK folks, is this the beginning of the end of life as we know it.

What is wrong with the team? Forget Brew, thats another topic.

What in your opinion is the main problems with the current team/squad?

I believe it's time for a few of the players to take a look in the mirror and have a reality check.

Dougie Imrie, local cult figure with section G. Is he up to it. Hot and cold for me good at Aberdeen and against Celtic, otherwise, overawed. Don Cowie, over hyped after last seasons blockbusting performances. Hastings.........don't start me, Canada beckons. Mike Fraser, confidence seems to have deserted him after some good performances. Rossco, has some of the magic gone? Grantie, where is the leadership and drive that you should have learned from Bobby?

Thats just for starters. Russell Duncan, Iain Black, Barry Wilson, Adam Rooney, and maybe Woody all have futures at this club.

The likes of Rory, Barrowman, Hastings, Imrie, Cowie, McBain sadly, Proctor.....................this is an almost endless list.

So, what do we think the problem is and how do we solve it?

GK - Fraser/Esson - Fine

Def - Duff/Munro/McGuire/Proctor - Decent backups if we had good CB's.

Tokely/Hastings/Zadi/ - Must go, nowhere near SPL standard, disgrace.

Mid - Vigurs/Black/Cowie - Very good, but Cowie will be gone in Jan.

Imrie/McBain/Duncan/Zander/Wilson. All not SPL standard.

ST - Rooney - Good young talent, but really needs a more expierenced partner.

Barrowman/Wood/Rory - A joke.

Our whole squad is a joke, if I was Brew or the new Manager, get rid of all the dead wood that are just in the team cause of their performances in the lower leagues and also get the board to start pulling their cocky up their own arses fingers out and spend some money. Also start playing a lot more of the younger players. Tokely and Hastings have consistantly proved this year they cant play in the SPL, so why not give a youngster a chance. Would be make much more sense.

GK - Fraser/Esson - Fine

Our whole squad is a joke, if I was Brew or the new Manager, get rid of all the dead wood that are just in the team cause of their performances in the lower leagues and also get the board to start pulling their cocky up their own arses fingers out and spend some money. Also start playing a lot more of the younger players. Tokely and Hastings have consistantly proved this year they cant play in the SPL, so why not give a youngster a chance. Would be make much more sense.

feel that is a bit harsh, remember our financial situation if we got rid of all the ones you feel are not up to spl standard how could we replace them with better, ICT have excelled with these type of players before and if the team spirit and belief is there they can excel again

For me there are too many players living on past reputation.....the likes of Tokely, Hastings, and even McBain have been utter garbage this season, and most of last too.

Any footballer playing at this level who can't even master the most basic part of football......passing, shouldn't be playing. That'll be Russell Duncan then.

Imrie,and Barrowman are simply not good enough for the SPL.

Fraser is being played over a keeper who's better than him.

Munro is no captain, and his form has been rubbish since he took on that role.

On current form, only Blackie, Duff, Rooney, and Cowie (I know he's not been at the level he was last year, but to be fair, the last few games I've seen him he's one of the few to get passmarks) look the part. Vigurs looks an exceptional talent yet now finds himself warming the bench week after week again.

There's too many negatives. Personally I think we've relied too much on this continuity thing we've had over the years, and when we have brought in new players, they've often been at a standard which isn't good enough.

I think there's quite a bit of talent at our club, which with the right manager, nuturing and motivation, could get us back to playing some great footie!

Imrie - some dodgy, but also some soild performances recently! When he wants to, he drives through players. I like the guy, he's hungry! Often seen him having to wait for others to catch up/catch on to what he's doing!

Cowie - not been right for a while - maybe needs to move on?

Rooney - needs time and someone to mentor him!

Grant - been impressed by his Captaincy, difficult times on/off the park - good head on his shoulders!

Barrowman - typical poacher, is he too lazy to put in the shifts we need?

Fraser - had his confidence knocked, I think some proper rotation with Esson could work well. I'd still back our local boy!

Roscoe - sorry, I think we need to drop him for a while, cumbersome, not sharp enough for quite a while now, too many costly mistakes!

Wilson - would love to see him move into a coaching role now - could still achieve great things for us - off the park!

Rory - get rid!

Mrs PB

I think we have a squad of very good players who dont want to play for the manager. I also know at number of those same playerer are registered on this site and I wish they would comment.

For obvious reasons I think that would be very difficult for any off them to do that,

I think we have a squad of very good players who dont want to play for the manager.

I agree - even if only a fraction of the gossip you hear at games, that comes from the parents and friends of players, is true.

I think we have a squad of very good players who dont want to play for the manager. I also know at number of those same playerer are registered on this site and I wish they would comment.

For obvious reasons I think that would be very difficult for any off them to do that,

Disagree.............we can all have pseudonyms

Ah then how would you know im not a player?

Im not, obviously.

Or am i?

On a serious note, we dont have a PL standard team, we really dont. Something drastic needs to be done, come on, the situation is ridiculous. Its not just the manager (although i agree- he can pack his bags too) its the players and they have no heart for the majority.

I think we're quite lucky we don't play Hamilton Accies till mid-January. If we played them next week at their place, fired up, they'd fancy it more than us.

Well as falkirk proved in the CIS cup no fixture is a dead cert victory

hmmmm

g/k i think both are talented and can do a job but i do think rather than just giving esson one game that mike needs to be made to work to keep his spot. this dropping him for one game is losing its effect as he knows he will get back in soon enough.

def.

roscoe/hastings. im sorry but i think the rust is setting in, im reminded of golly before he crossed the bridge, time is starting to catch up i think and im not alone in thinking that we are far too often depending on the offside trap.often guilty of leaving acres of space behind him.

zadi not seen much but what i did see scared me. looks a real liability

midfield

mcbain, works hard but is getting caught out too easily.

imrie/cowie/blackie/duncan when they can be bothered to play they are all a huge asset to the team but all to often the heads seem to go down

vigurs and znder havent been given the chance they deserve imo

strikers.

not seen much but how many more chances can rory get?

Its time to ditch Fraser.... je was a t fault today according to bbc, is he from canada... maybe he could share a plane with the other useless article?

Eh tug.... why did rory get a mention... he;s fecked big time. o teven on the bench these days..

I am getting so fed up with this forum - smell the feckin coffee - our management are numpties - our manager has no tactical nous - Marius fecked us from day one - he brought a boardroom war - our old school protected Brew - Brew protected his faves - we are being run by amateurs - Smith is practically the worst PR we have ever have.

Our players - apart from a couple of experienced replacements and a bit of yoof pace can stand their own in the SPL - we are so tactically crap that it is unbelievable.

I actually think we have a fairly decent squad in all. We could argue back and forth all day long about whether or not they are "SPL Standard", but that will get us nowhere.

The problem as I see it is that players, and combinations of players are not being properly utilised and as a result some individual performances are suffering, or weaknesses that never existed before are being created.

Rossco is a good example of this. He's not doing anything different now than he's done for many years with ICT...so why all of a sudden are people jumping on him? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's the most gifted of players, but we've always managed to make best use of his strengths. The reason he's being shown up this year is because of changes elsewhere on the pitch. In the past when he pushed forward we had Barry tracking back to cover for him or Mann/Dods/Munro coming out wide to fill the gap....nobody is taking that responsibility now and holes are being left.

It doesn't matter if, individually the players are "SPL Quality" or not, or if on paper we are as strong/weak as 8 or 9 other teams in the league. That's never been the strength behind this club...not ever. It was the ability of the manager to take the players and put them together in such a way that they become better than the sum of their parts, to instil in them a belief that if they all pulled together then it matter not what their weaknesses were because someone always had their back and to show them that if they went out there, gave it everything and executed the plan then it didn't matter what the final score was, they were always going to be winners and could hold their heads high.

Something is rapidly snuffing that out at ICT, we're seeing players that have all but sweat blood for ICT over the years losing heart, we're seeing players we know are more than capable having far too many off days, we're seeing guys who would chase every ball giving up just that little bit sooner. They can't all be at fault, and something must be causing it. Some might disagree about the cause, but they surely can't deny that there's serious issues need addressing. So I would ask them what they think those issues are and why they think they can see them but the majority of others see them a whole lot different?

If a manager is not capable of getting the best from the players then he is in the wrong job or he's at the wrong club. We don't have the luxury of being able to change the entire squad to suit a manager, and that only leaves one alternative solution in my book.

Well more elongated and more eloquent but nuch the same CD - Brew is the common denominator - and although I know that he is being strung along to a degree - he must go - BUT WE MUST NOT APPOINT ANOTHER YES MAN - as we have done fer too long - We need a new Director of Football - a new Cheif Executive and a new ASSERTIVE manager - if we are to survive.

GK - Fraser/Esson - Fine

i completely agree with everything you said there. although i do think tokely is going through a bad spell, i hope he comes good again.

Vigurs, Black and Cowie are our only quality midfielders and all three will be gone within two years for sure. the rest just don't cut it in the SPL and anyone who thinks otherwise should raise their standards because they are close to awful players nevermind average.

Rooney has the quality, needs a decent run of games...brew is a **** and has no idea.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, and there's a certain argument which says that replacing Brewster may not make any difference until other things are sorted out further up the chain as we're never going to appoint anything but a "yes man" under the current regime.

If anyone has a spare ?1 Million, then I have a plan.

I actually think we have a fairly decent squad in all. We could argue back and forth all day long about whether or not they are "SPL Standard", but that will get us nowhere.

The problem as I see it is that players, and combinations of players are not being properly utilised and as a result some individual performances are suffering, or weaknesses that never existed before are being created.

Rossco is a good example of this. He's not doing anything different now than he's done for many years with ICT...so why all of a sudden are people jumping on him? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's the most gifted of players, but we've always managed to make best use of his strengths. The reason he's being shown up this year is because of changes elsewhere on the pitch. In the past when he pushed forward we had Barry tracking back to cover for him or Mann/Dods/Munro coming out wide to fill the gap....nobody is taking that responsibility now and holes are being left.

It doesn't matter if, individually the players are "SPL Quality" or not, or if on paper we are as strong/weak as 8 or 9 other teams in the league. That's never been the strength behind this club...not ever. It was the ability of the manager to take the players and put them together in such a way that they become better than the sum of their parts, to instil in them a belief that if they all pulled together then it matter not what their weaknesses were because someone always had their back and to show them that if they went out there, gave it everything and executed the plan then it didn't matter what the final score was, they were always going to be winners and could hold their heads high.

Something is rapidly snuffing that out at ICT, we're seeing players that have all but sweat blood for ICT over the years losing heart, we're seeing players we know are more than capable having far too many off days, we're seeing guys who would chase every ball giving up just that little bit sooner. They can't all be at fault, and something must be causing it. Some might disagree about the cause, but they surely can't deny that there's serious issues need addressing. So I would ask them what they think those issues are and why they think they can see them but the majority of others see them a whole lot different?

If a manager is not capable of getting the best from the players then he is in the wrong job or he's at the wrong club. We don't have the luxury of being able to change the entire squad to suit a manager, and that only leaves one alternative solution in my book.

i think your been too kind...our squad is nowhere near good enough and that includes the management and the directer of football. if ICT want to progress they need to get out of this highland league mentality and realise that you need a full squad of quality players...i can't stand it when people make up excuses for players that aren't good enough...ffs we cant continue to think like this....anyone who knows anything about football can clearly see that 90% of our squad are rubbish. now i understand we might not have bundles of cash but there are plenty of players out there that are good enough to play in the SPL and we continue to pay very over rated or very very very past it players. if we stopped that then we would have the cash to bring in the quality we need.

p.s caleyd i am not saying you know nothing about the game..just to clear that up.

Edited by CaleyP

I would never claim to be a football expert, but I am no stranger to management...in sport or business and I like to think that I know a thing or two about motivation and using it to unlock true potential. Until Brewster can claim to be getting the best from the players then the job of improving performances lies with him. Once He's getting the best, he we still aren't getting anywhere then we can start talking about which players are good enough and which are not.

I would never claim to be a football expert, but I am no stranger to management...in sport or business and I like to think that I know a thing or two about motivation and using it to unlock true potential. Until Brewster can claim to be getting the best from the players then the job of improving performances lies with him. Once He's getting the best, he we still aren't getting anywhere then we can start talking about which players are good enough and which are not.

do you think brew has the ability to do/get the best out of the players?? I personally don't think he does.

i do think your correct though...we have to sort out our management first then move onto removing and bringing in the appropriate players. a tuff job i will admit as we have a good few players that we need to get rid of.