FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

can we survive this season

Linwoodictsc

Can we survive this season and stay in the SPL?

let's face it, if hamilton wern't so bad we would be in deep trouble but if they sign better players than us in January then we could be up the creek without a paddle.

i had high hopes at the start of this season after we beat Aberdeen

thoughts please folks

let's face it, if hamilton wern't so bad we would be in deep trouble but if they sign better players than us in January then we could be up the creek without a paddle.

thoughts please folks

The writing's on the wall.

post-2081-1225749730.jpg

thoughts please folks

The writing's on the wall.

post-2081-1225749730.jpg

that's the reply i feared

although you might be right

We would be in more trouble if the SPL was a fair league and not a closed shop. 1 up 1 down is pathetic. Ruins the 1st division if someone runs away with the league and makes the SPL boring if a team is stranded like Gretna were last season. There should at least be a playoff, like there used to be, between 2nd bottom and 2nd top. If we are to finish 2nd bottom then a playoff is the least we deserve

We would be in more trouble if the SPL was a fair league and not a closed shop. 1 up 1 down is pathetic. Ruins the 1st division if someone runs away with the league and makes the SPL boring if a team is stranded like Gretna were last season. There should at least be a playoff, like there used to be, between 2nd bottom and 2nd top. If we are to finish 2nd bottom then a playoff is the least we deserve

the way we're playing just now we would probaly get beat

Can we please stop cluttering the system with new threads on the same subjects.

i dont see any other thread about our SPL survival chances

lots about the manager though.......... :rotflmao:

Yes we can. The situation is not yet dire in terms of points, but unless we make some changes, and make them soon, then we're going to start drifting away from teams above us and come the turn of the year it might just be starting to prove too difficult for us to stop the rot.

I'm still of the opinion that survival is not enough and it's that very mindset that has put us in the position we currently find ourselves. I don't want to hear that people think Brewster is "doing enough to keep us up", I'd quite like to see us actually showing a bit of ambition.

People talk about us not being able to afford to sack Brewster...the reality is, one league place gained at the end of the season from bringing in another manager would cover the cost of getting rid. Not to mention the fact we could add a few to each gate by actually putting on a performance that's worth watching.

Our survival currently sits in the hands of the Board of Directors and every day the leave it before making the decision, is a day closer to the point where we'll be back on this thread saying...."well no, we can't actually survive this season".

Yes, taking a manager who did such a dreadful job previously surely should have meant we gave him a one year rolling contract, anything else is folly.

Remember, this is Brewsters last chance in management, if he gets us relegated, or is sacked before then, he is not gonna get another job in the SPL or even the First division. That fact doesnt help ICT though...

12 home points before New Year, if we get less than 7 then im assuming the Board steps in. I would bank on the end of December being the earliest that the Directors will take that kind of action CaleyD, although sooner would be better.

A lot of people reading will put this down to moaning and whingeing. But why did we get lumbered with a manager that left us asap, ersed up DUFC, only to come back and do a rubbish job with us. Hardly an inspiring choice, two bites of the cherry, once bitten twice shy, etc etc.

We will survive i think.

We've been having a bad run of form recently but i think with the 2 home games we have next week following the trip to Easter road will be a good chance to get some results, and i think we will take them.

In terms of our squad i think Brew knows only to well that we need to strenghten come January. I think 4 or 5 decent signings should certainly give us a more than capable squad (pending on who we get and if Brews still here).

But like my top line says. We will get through it i think.

but i think with the 2 home games we have next week following the trip to Easter road will be a good chance to get some results

Why???

Our home record is another of our major problems - its probably the worst in Britain.

Your optimisim is admirable and perhaps well meaning but I'll have to disagree with you.

(and I'm normally an optimstic type!)

In terms of our squad i think Brew knows only to well that we need to strenghten come January. I think 4 or 5 decent signings should certainly give us a more than capable squad (pending on who we get and if Brews still here).

i certainly cant see 4 or 5 signings coming in and by the sounds of press reports a few weeks ago it sounds like Brewsters priority was for an midfielder to replace Paatalinen.

i think its been clear for a while that our squad requires strenghtening but Brewster has yet to address it, we have been crying out for a big strong centre half since Dods left but nothing has been done about it. Also we need an experienced forward to help Rooney and Barrowman acclimatise to the SPL, heres hopeing this issue is adressed somewhat sooner!

if our leaky defence isnt fixed soon we could well be in trouble!

We're due a break and a bit of luck to get us going, perhaps it will be on Saturday.

We can't keep going with the attitude of "We're due some luck", "We've always got the next game", "We didn't have the rub of the green", "We've some home games coming up", etc, etc, etc.

It's this head in the sand attitude which is another of our problems. Look at the stats. We are in a bad way and something needs done. Quickly. One win papering over the cracks will probably do more long-term damage than good. I'll be at Easter Rd. on Saturday but I'm (very) sad to say I won't be disappointed if we lose - if more loses are what it takes for some action to happen then so be it. Sad days indeed.

We're due a break and a bit of luck to get us going, perhaps it will be on Saturday.

We can't keep going with the attitude of "We're due some luck", "We've always got the next game", "We didn't have the rub of the green", "We've some home games coming up", etc, etc, etc.

It's this head in the sand attitude which is another of our problems. Look at the stats. We are in a bad way and something needs done. Quickly. One win papering over the cracks will probably do more long-term damage than good. I'll be at Easter Rd. on Saturday but I'm (very) sad to say I won't be disappointed if we lose - if more loses are what it takes for some action to happen then so be it. Sad days indeed.

it pains me to say it but i agree

But why did we get lumbered with a manager that left us asap, ersed up DUFC, only to come back and do a rubbish job with us.

To be fair he made sure we got a decent amount of compensation before he left, and United are a bigger team and his hometown club that he won the scottish cup with.

After saying that I still want him out though, from what I've seen ths season I don't know how we'll survive if soemthing doesn't change.

Edited by Iain

We are far from doomed, the players have the talent to survive, it's still largely the same squad who kept us up before but if we are to survive then performances and leadership both on and off the park will be a factor.

As things stand, I personally would rate our prospects at about evens.