FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Brown

alimci

Will be nice to see him play, but I feel sorry for him verging on the scotland squad and then moves to Celtic and is completely out of the frame. Although to a certain extent if he was wanting to be in the Scotland squad its his own fault......but greed does take over and I'm sure many in his situation would have done the same and took the big money offer.

Clearly you would do what he did, even for that one game against S.Moscow last season!

I really don't know though, i'd have to see the wages on offer. Realisticly he couldn't have thought he would pip Boruc to the first team spot and I'd rather grab any chance of getting into the national team with both hands - to me thats the biggest honour any player can have. He'll probobly be on his way soon enough when his contract expires anyway.......so hopefully then he'll challenge for a place in the national squad.

Edited by Iain

Clearly you would do what he did, even for that one game against S.Moscow last season!

I really don't know though, i'd have to see the wages on offer. Realisticly he couldn't have thought he would pip Boruc to the first team spot and I'd rather grab any chance of getting into the national team with both hands - to me thats the biggest honour any player can have. He'll probobly be on his way soon enough when his contract expires anyway.......so hopefully then he'll challenge for a place in the national squad.

Too many move at the first prospect of big money and end up going into oblivion. Mark went to be no.2 and when the american arrives no.3. His future is in the past.

Too many move at the first prospect of big money and end up going into oblivion. Mark went to be no.2 and when the american arrives no.3. His future is in the past.

I think the american has arrived already

Iain

It's not always a case of greed which motivates a player to move to a larger club. Just plain ambition really . The money offered usually offsets the risk he takes that he may fail..

In other words, who wouldn't turn down a top class offer from a big reputable firm? I think it is also your duty to take the chance of improving yourself when the situation arises. Especially if you think you need the challenge to grow and feel that you can do a good job.

Good for him I say.The reason I came to Canada was that I had a hard time convincing my much older boss that I was as good if not better than him.....and I haven't r4eghretted it. Ha! :rotflmao:

S.P.

Mark who???

To be fair to Mark when he went to Celtic there was talk of Boruc wanting away so perhaps he felt at the time that he'd have a good chance of the No. 1 jersey and a crack in the national squad.

Good luck to him in every game over the next couple of months except on 29th.

:rotflmao: My initial response was 'Mark who?' as well.

AFAIK he signed for the tims on ?6k a week for 3 years. Up to him really if he wants to put his career on hold for 3 years while piling up the dosh so he never needs to work again.

The level of negativity on this forum has reached new depths, cheers Brewster.

Does no-one think he's capable of ousting Boruc? He has a chance to prove his worth now on the big stage. Maybe he'll even be spotted by a big team.

Edited by 5thStand

Does no-one think he's capable of ousting Boruc? He has a chance to prove his worth now on the big stage. Maybe he'll even be spotted by a big team.

His current managerial team don't believe in him otherwise they would not have sought out the american.

His current managerial team don't believe in him otherwise they would not have sought out the american.

if that was the case the american would have played last night but he never Mark was in goal last night as well as the weekend and the American wasn't even on the bench, it was a guy called Fox.

Am i right in saying he played against us recently in a reserve game?

so that Makes Mark no2 choice

Fox no3 and

the American No4 (if he has signed)

Strachan described Cervi (the American) as a "two year project" suggesting that he would either become backup to Mark as and when Boruc left, or perhaps take over the #1 role with Mark staying as #2. If Boruc stays, then I can see Mark being pushed out at the end of his contract as the 6' 6" Cervi is highly rated and was recently drafted into the US national team .......

Has he been given a work permit yet ? Last I heard, he was trying to prove his Italian heritage so he could be classed as Euro citizen because he failed to meet visa requirements. Fox was reserve keeper last night and Cervi is not on the Celtic squad list on the SPL website.

Mark Lawrenson was warned about not going to Liverpool as he was probably only going to be a back-up. His response was "you've got to believe in yourself" and promptly established himself in the first team*. I suspect Mark B probably thought the same. Maybe the D Utd keeper is to replace Boruc as there's constant rumours.

*for those too young, believe it or not Lawrenson, the footie pundit, was actually a class defender (in a team with defenders of the likes of Hansen, Beglin, Gillespie, Molby and Nicol). Nope, really, he was!

Guest RPFaither

Mark Brown isn't really rated by most 'tic supporters but he was given a big boost recently by Strachan who said he works really hard at training and is more than capable in the absence of Boruc. IMO Boruc's star has peaked and is on the wane - I'm not sure any of the big Euro clubs will come in for him now.

As long as Boruc is fit (and lays off the pies and the partying) then no matter how well Brown plays in his absence, Boruc will always walk back into the first team.

I think any one of us would do what Brown did - and jump at the chance when Celtic came calling. The extra bucks are a big incentive. Don't forget the facilities and the quality of coaching at CP - there's a big expectation that you'd improve as a player through that alone. Hope he does well now and in the future.

It was sad to see him wasting his talent away in the Celtic reserves 3 weeks ago.

Good to see he will get a run in he team now. But if Celtic do sign Zaluska that suggests he will get relegated to 3rd choice keeper. After watching Falkirk and Hibs idea of goalkeeping over the last few days i'm sure they would like a look at Brown so it may not be all doom and gloom for Marky if Boruc's Polish companion joins him in January.

Iain

It's not always a case of greed which motivates a player to move to a larger club. Just plain ambition really . The money offered usually offsets the risk he takes that he may fail..

In other words, who wouldn't turn down a top class offer from a big reputable firm?

Sorry but reputable? This is still Celtic we are talking about right?