FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Pro Brewster Thread

SMEE

There are a few people on here saying us Brew bashers are off the mark and unreasonable.

So i thought i would create a thread for those of that persuasion to try and convince us we are wrong. Thing is.....you have to back your points up with FACTS...and not just opinons or beliefs.

Give us something to cling to. I honestly dont think there will be many replies to this!

Edited by SMEE

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has proved he can spot potential.

Our away form is very good.

He passionately cares about the club, anyone at Easter Road would of seen this.

Apart from Imrie....you refer to whom? I thought it was down to Charlie for Vigurs, Duff, Wood etc etc?

"Our away form is very good"? Eh? WTF? In this calander year.....we have won 1 more game on the road than we have won at home...and our home record is notoriously woeful!

He passionaltley cares about the club? You mean he is gratefull for a second bite at the cherry?

Edited by SMEE

He has proved he can spot potential.

Our away form is very good.

He passionately cares about the club, anyone at Easter Road would of seen this.

1) No he has not "proved" he can spot talent. Law of averages indicates that if you take enough folk on trial you'll occasionally come up with a gem.

2) I'll give you that one.

3) Pity he can't show this "passion" at home isn't it?... :rotflmao:

SMEE you can start as many anti Brew threads as you want, he is going nowhere. Don't want to get in a fight we all want the same at the end of the day, for ICT to succeed.

Brewster beaming over Conway on Saturday suggests that not all of us have ICT's best interests at heart... :rotflmao:

SMEE you can start as many anti Brew threads as you want, he is going nowhere. Don't want to get in a fight we all want the same at the end of the day, for ICT to succeed.

I am not guilty for starting many Anti Brewster threads, just i have made my stance clear, it may seem that i am the main instigator.

This thread is meant as a conduit for the Pro Brew camp to try and convince us we a re barking up the wrong tree, but to provide the facts to back up their point.

I agree that we all want the best for ICT, hence why I dont want Brew here, as i dont believe he has the attributes to pull this off, and the facts would suggest I and others, are right

Can someone please post our away form stats compared to our home? I'm hearing we are doing brilliant away from home yet I am struggling to think of recent away victories apart from the one at Hibs.

This is for all of 2008, the last half of last season and the first half of this season

Our home record - P19 W4 D4 L11 F25 A25 PTS16

Our away record - P17 W5 D1 L11 F16 A29 PTS16

So the good away form arguement is not so impressive under brew after all! We loose 2 out of every 3 games on the road FFS!

Edited by SMEE

Aberdeen, Falkirk and kilmarnock can be added to that list mate!

Hahaha, was at 2 of them games aswell! :rotflmao:

It seems it is a bit better than our home form but I'll wait till we finish the 2nd leg of fixtures before I go making my mind up on our away record. Brewster on the other hand, should get his finger out, or be booted out, before then.

I am not guilty for starting many Anti Brewster threads, just i have made my stance clear, it may seem that i am the main instigator.

This thread is meant as a conduit for the Pro Brew camp to try and convince us we a re barking up the wrong tree, but to provide the facts to back up their point.

I agree that we all want the best for ICT, hence why I dont want Brew here, as i dont believe he has the attributes to pull this off, and the facts would suggest I and others, are right

Can someone please post our away form stats compared to our home? I'm hearing we are doing brilliant away from home yet I am struggling to think of recent away victories apart from the one at Hibs.

This is for all of 2008, the last half of last season and the first half of this season

So the good away form arguement is not so impressive under brew after all!

Cheers SMEE, them statistics are quite an eye-opener. Then again we did play Gretna a couple of times at home.

Smee has obviously started this thread as a Brew basher again.

However after saturday my position on the fence has become very shoogly, the playing of Duff at RB and leaving the very ineffectual Proctor in the middle of defence left me stunned.

Playing a box striker like Barro' on his own was another piece of brainfade, losing at Midden on saturday will mean Brew losing his job in my mind, but while he is still good mates with the D.O.F. there aint much chance of that happening.

Smee has obviously started this thread as a Brew basher again.

Au contraire lesser mortale. I have set it as a challenge for the Pro Brew Brigade. They are quick to bang on about how wrong many are to form and hold our opinions, and this is quite often done in a derogatory and hostile manner!

I am merely replying to posts with FACTS. This for the most part, is how forums work! :rotflmao:

You say he's good mates with DOF so won't get the sack. One blatantly obvious solution is get rid of the pair of them.

Director of Football !! FFS this is ICT not Barcalona. Get rid of all the dead wood and jobs for the boys, free up some extra cash.

AMEN!

Edited by SMEE

So in the whole of 2008 (so far at least) we have won a total of 9 games?

Out of interest how many of these were against Gretna?

Pro-Brewster or not, surely this is just not good enough.

Are there folk who think it is?

This equates to 1 win a month.

Anyway you look at it surely this isn't acceptable?

Out of interest how many of these were against Gretna?

Pro-Brewster or not, surely this is just not good enough.

Are there folk who think it is?

Anyway you look at it surely this isn't acceptable?

2 against Gretna, and was it 6? (I cant remember if it was 6 goals we scored against them) came in one of those games... so in our 'For Goals' at home, 6 came against 1 team! Thats 19 goals in 18 games! Thats a shocking average!

Awh Beastie, you doom monger, you forget about the summer break, so things are a lot rosier than you make out....maybe One and a quarter wins a month :rotflmao:

OK, here goes!!

With Gretna out, new season, new players for teams, etc, it is only right that we should look at this season in isolation to get a balanced view. (ie the tail end of last season was bottom six playing each other and maybe experimenting with formations/young players for the coming season, so this could affect the true picture and of course, Gretna being Santa Claus to us all)

However here is my offering.

Home record - pure rubbish - 12/12 - 5 points

Away record - not so bad- 3/12 - 12 points ( only Walter and Gordon have more away points than BREW)

This is not a Pro Brew reply BUT it does balance up the stats!!

It also proves we are in a tight wee league.

My question therefore looking at the above FACTS - do we sack him for his home record or try to keep him for his away record?

Guest Spectre

First, I don't think there's a "pro-Brew" camp as such, just some people who realise that the world is not black and white much as though the very evident "anti-Brew" camp would have us all believe.

There's a difference between something being defensible and wanting to defend it. For example, playing 4-5-1 is defensible (proven success for many teams), but I doubt many people want to watch it.

The problem is that the Board and many threads quickly become polluted with largely repetitous anti-Brewster postings to the extent that it's now barely possible to have a reasonable discussion about performances or tactics at all.

Here, then, are some facts in Brewster's favour:

1. Our league position is (at least) commensurate with our size as a club.

2. When he returned last season we were bottom, not having won. We comfortably avoided relegation (even without Gretna).

3. We have a young team being bloodied.

4. We have lost several matches by a single goal which a more battle hardened team (see 3) might have got a point out of.

5. He has, on the whole, brought in good players.

For some people the grass is always greener. For those suggesting Donald Park should return, do you not remember last season's match against Dundee United for which he was in charge and we lost comfortably 3-0. Saturday's performance (but not the tactics), and that against Hearts, had more to be encouraged about.

Here are the stats for anyone wanting to argue for Brewster

CB has taken charge of 109 ICT games. He has overseen 38 wins, 25 draws and 46 losses.

His 2008/09 winning percentage is the lowest he has had at the club (32% in 05/06 was the previously low). His losing percentage of 55% is the highest he has had at the club (eclipsing the 51% loss record of 07/08).

Overall, his 55% loss rate this season is third on the all time list after Charlie's start to the 07/08 season and Robbo's start to SPL life at Pittodrie in 04/05.

post-2-1228760020_thumb.png

post-2-1228760027_thumb.png

post-2-1228760033_thumb.png