FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cuprinol man attacks ICTs cyber fans.

Guest birdog

Conspiracy theory number one

Brew (on mobile) Hi Jimmy, any chance of a favour?

Jimmy - What's the problem?

Brew - I'm in the sh**e

Jimmy - OK Give us three points and I'll help you.

Brew - Tremendous Jim. I'll get Procs to lay off a pass early on so no one will notice, then let me see, I'll get Dougie back for corners and he'll head a few across the box and I'll get one of the full backs to slip and let one of your guys through on goal

Jimmy - OK. Now give me a press release and I'll fight your corner. By the way, keep Tokely under control when tackling Sone.

Brew - FFS my problem is controlling the whole team so getting Tokes to obey orders is impossible. I'll give the press release to Procs as well.

Jimmy - Thanks Brew.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think he was specifically referring to this forum .... he will have had plenty of criticism through various Aberdeen forums to know how much pressure it can bring to bear.

Conspiracy theory number one

Brew (on mobile) Hi Jimmy, any chance of a favour?

Jimmy - What's the problem?

Brew - I'm in the sh**e

Jimmy - OK Give us three points and I'll help you.

Brew - Tremendous Jim. I'll get Procs to lay off a pass early on so no one will notice, then let me see, I'll get Dougie back for corners and he'll head a few across the box and I'll get one of the full backs to slip and let one of your guys through on goal

Jimmy - OK. Now give me a press release and I'll fight your corner. By the way, keep Tokely under control when tackling Sone.

Brew - FFS my problem is controlling the whole team so getting Tokes to obey orders is impossible. I'll give the press release to Procs as well.

Jimmy - Thanks Brew.

I can debunk that conspiracy straight off. Brewster isn't tactically minded enough to come up with that plan.

I may be getting all misty-eyed but, by my reckoning, if anything, fans had more influence in the past than they have today.

Once upon a time, before sponsorship (and players' wages, and the PFA) really took off, it was the gate that paid the wages and the bills, made up where necessary by a whip-round among the directors. If a factory or yard or pit had problems then the club - as part of the community - did too, and if the support stayed away it wouldn't be long before the folk in charge asked why.

The frustrating thing is that it's not long since that was true: there's no wee lad in cloth cap and breeks here, running down the cobbles to the New World Symphony; my dad remembers it well; I remember going round putting up seats after the game as a nipper, with dropped coins going into a pot for the kitty, and sitting on the dressing room floor, singeing my face on a two-bar fire while the the envelopes were passed out. This was lower-league football, getting on thirty years ago. Not long. And the fans were what it was all about.

Supporters' Trusts haven't been established as some massive innovation or in response to a deep, untapped need which has only just surfaced; they've come about to address a problem, because some clubs have ended up run by mercenary pillocks who've forgotten whatever interest or roots - if any - they once had in the community and are more interested in schmoozing corporate sponsors to pay daft wage bills than they are in the supporters.

The Chelseas, Celtics and Cardiff Citys (umm...) are never going to get back to that community focus, because the communities have changed beyond recognition, but after all the acrimony this outfit went through to become a possible alternative to Dad's Favourite Team (what's *your* religion? :rotflmao:), you'd think reaching out to the supporters would be top priority. Instead what happens? CaleyD gets a Stewardcide Squad sent to stand in front of him for ten minutes, for sitting there with a cardboard sign reading 'Brewster Must Go'.

Anyway, Brew's Man in Aberdeen can take comfort from the fact that his pal is now bankrolled and secure until we hit the SFL and his side returns to being the only one in the North that other teams dread playing (cos it's such a long way to go).

I may be getting all misty-eyed but, by my reckoning, if anything, fans had more influence in the past than they have today.

Once upon a time, before sponsorship (and players' wages, and the PFA) really took off, it was the gate that paid the wages and the bills, made up where necessary by a whip-round among the directors. If a factory or yard or pit had problems then the club - as part of the community - did too, and if the support stayed away it wouldn't be long before the folk in charge asked why.

The frustrating thing is that it's not long since that was true: there's no wee lad in cloth cap and breeks here, running down the cobbles to the New World Symphony; my dad remembers it well; I remember going round putting up seats after the game as a nipper, with dropped coins going into a pot for the kitty, and sitting on the dressing room floor, singeing my face on a two-bar fire while the the envelopes were passed out. This was lower-league football, getting on thirty years ago. Not long. And the fans were what it was all about.

Supporters' Trusts haven't been established as some massive innovation or in response to a deep, untapped need which has only just surfaced; they've come about to address a problem, because some clubs have ended up run by mercenary pillocks who've forgotten whatever interest or roots - if any - they once had in the community and are more interested in schmoozing corporate sponsors to pay daft wage bills than they are in the supporters.

The Chelseas, Celtics and Cardiff Citys (umm...) are never going to get back to that community focus, because the communities have changed beyond recognition, but after all the acrimony this outfit went through to become a possible alternative to Dad's Favourite Team (what's *your* religion? :rotflmao: ), you'd think reaching out to the supporters would be top priority. Instead what happens? CaleyD gets a Stewardcide Squad sent to stand in front of him for ten minutes, for sitting there with a cardboard sign reading 'Brewster Must Go'.

Anyway, Brew's Man in Aberdeen can take comfort from the fact that his pal is now bankrolled and secure until we hit the SFL and his side returns to being the only one in the North that other teams dread playing (cos it's such a long way to go).

Good post, but I think whatever the method fans mattered if whatever period unless of course you now support ICT

Edited by stevico1

The Chelseas, Celtics and Cardiff Citys (umm...) are never going to get back to that community focus, because the communities have changed beyond recognition, but after all the acrimony this outfit went through to become a possible alternative to Dad's Favourite Team (what's *your* religion? :rotflmao: ), you'd think reaching out to the supporters would be top priority. Instead what happens? CaleyD gets a Stewardcide Squad sent to stand in front of him for ten minutes, for sitting there with a cardboard sign reading 'Brewster Must Go'.

Good post, but I think whatever the method fans mattered if whatever period unless of course you now support ICT

Not sure what you're saying there. It appears to be that fans don't matter to ICT - which I'd agree with 102% (just to be ahead of those 101% guys who can't can and do count past 100). My point really is that a guy of Jimmy's age and hue should know fine that, where possible, fans have been shunted to the erse-end of the pecking-order over the last couple of decades, and that slinking to Brewster's aid with what boils down to Brew's own 'Fans are morons' argument just makes him look daft, and isn't likely to endear him to his own fractious crowd. Maybe there's a point of saturation in daftness, as in sun-tan lotion, beyond which you cannot go.

Edited by 4ize

Calderwood is unlikely to see this response .... but I would just like to make a few comments and point out a few mistakes in his theory.

It's a strange, new phenomenon where fans base their views on current results when a manager should be judged over an entire season.

Its not new, and we ARE basing our views on the entire season !!! In fact, many of us are basing it on two seasons. The FACT is that Craig Brewster has the worst EVER record of ANY manager ICT have EVER had. 6 wins in 22 games this season. 1, yes ONE home win in 10 attempts THIS SEASON.

My good friend Craig Brewster is finding that out at Inverness. They are going through a bad spell but since moving up from the Highland League, Caley Thistle have done brilliantly.

Caley Thistle were never in the Highland League but if we let that slide, then all you can say is the past is the past, we are concerned about the here and now. Partick Thistle have done brilliantly over the years, as have Raith Rovers, as have Livingston, and Gretna and a raft of other teams ...... how are they doing now !!! I am sure their fans arent saying, "oh well, we were once good" ... they all want their club to do the best they can.

Their fans demand top six but ignore the fact their wage structure and geographical position makes it difficult to attract players to the club.

Bollox. The majority of fans of ICT are realistic. We know we are a small club, we know we have limited finances, we know that top six every year is a pipedream. What we are asking for is CONSISTENCY, EFFORT, and a manager who can do the ****ing job. We have none of that right now. If we lose when giving 100% effort then so be it, but when players get moved around to different positions every week, or dropped to the bench for no apparent reason, or huckled out of the club for daring to have an opinion, then it is others who are ignoring what the club are and what it could be.

You still sitting on the fence Scotty? :o

Put it this way if Brew doesn't sign a centre half as priority in this transfer window then I will admit he hasn't got a clue but I honetly believe the majority of our problems will be solved with a decent centre half

He's had two transfer windows already where the fans on here were saying a strong centre half was needed and he couldn't see it? Wake up and smell the coffee.

Calderwood is big pals with Brew and has been manipulating the media in Brew's favour all weekend as effectively as any fan. I'm even starting to suspect that he's Harry Chibber.

Here's Jimmy in the P&J yesterday defending his man:

I feel for Craig Brewster but you could see the effort his players put in to the game.

If there is something not right in the dressing-room you can see it and that is not the case.

Jimmy Calderwood has no right to speculate on the state of our dressing room or to denigrate the opinions of fans who are reflecting on a calander year of results and performances which leave us believing that we will be relegated under the current management.

In Calderwood's weird column in the Record, he argues that the media provide a platform for supporters to gain too much influence. Perhaps he should be taking a look at himself and the way he's abusing the power that the media gives him to try and keep his pal in a job he's not up to.

It's like a wee club anyway. When did you last hear one SPL manager criticising another?

Levein criticising Billy Reid's tactics

Aye fair enough Harry but I'm sure you knew what I meant......

Levein never actually critisised Reids tactics as such, moreso his comments that Hamilton played good fotball when he felt they had in fact tried everything not to play.(time waste. constant fouling etc)

Jimmy Calderwood should get his facts straight. ICT have done well on a limited budget, that is true. But as soon as Brewster took over we are no longer. This is mainly due to his tactical negligence and lack of know how. Not the lack of funds or players of sufficient standard. Why should we have to settle, as fans and a club, for not trying to exceed expectations? If we do settle, we may as well give up. Dreams and pushing for those dreams are what gets anyone to succeed. Resy your laurels and you'll be left behind. Craig Brewster epitimises resting on your laurels. In fact he is more of a destroy everything thats been worked for.

Old firm fans constantly barrack their managers even when doing well. But they are usually proved in time WRONG and that they dont really know that much.

However,

It really does say something when the fans say they are desperate for a defender and are then proved CORRECT by the stats (1 clean sheet all season is surely proof)

We have been proved RIGHT when we said we needed a bit of experience up front. Our goal record and toothless and thankless efforts in the final 3rd show this. Wyness and Bayne would have done nicely.

Again we are let down by the club for not negotiating contracts at the start of the year in january for key players like Black. Had he been offered a deal then i think the temptation of other clubs waiting to snap him up would have been too far off and he'd sign a new deal knowing that continuing to play well could earn him a transfer anyway.

Please Craig, go now.

You mean after the Hamilton game, no way the board will be able to get the cobwebs off before then...

I think Brewster the player is probably every managers dream, hence why Calderwood loves him so much, Brewster was basically teachers pet as a player.

As a coach at Aberdeen, why not? Look at Alex Miller, Roy Aitken etc, no use at management but still got good jobs as coaches.

Agree with every word you said there, captain. We never had to settle for such a sickening lack of initiative in the past and we should not have to do it now. I'd be ecstatic if Brewster was shunted off to become a coach at Aberdeen, the sooner the better. It would be their funeral after all!

Edited by WriteOnCaley

Agree with every word you said there, captain. We never had to settle for such a sickening lack of initiative in the past and we should not have to do it now. I'd be ecstatic if Brewster was shunted off to become a coach at Aberdeen, the sooner the better. It would be their funeral after all!

Personally i dont nessecarily see Brewster as a bad coach. Calderwood is probably on the button in saying he has good coaching skills. And not nessecarily just as a fitness coach as often touted on this site. He may be a decent all round coach. Unfortunately for us it seems, he is woeful in a management position and his man management skills are somewhat lacking. As a person he lacks charisma. I've seen more character in a plank of wood than at his post match interviews.

But to say Aberdeens funeral. Id say no. He'd probably work well with JC.

He's a first class coach when he's playing - possessing a great ability to get the best out of his team-mates...

I'm wondering about him picking himself to play in that friendly last week - Is he planning to make a comeback as a player?

Is he still registered as a player?

Who on 26 December said "We have had too many losses at home and, although we have been difficult to beat at home, it can't be allowed to continue.?''..............................................................

..............Colin Calderwood....and look what happened to him when losing to fellow strugglers!