FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters Battle Cry

From the Scottish Sunday Mail !!!

I'll face the criticism from our fans, says Inverness boss Craig Brewster

Jan 4 2009

UNDER-FIRE Inverness boss Craig Brewster has vowed to stand up and be counted in the face of fierce criticism from fans.

Caley are toiling at the foot of the SPL after a drastic loss of form and furious fans vented their anger at Brewster (below) during the 3-0 defeat to Aberdeen a fortnight ago.

A section of travelling supporters also called for his head after last week's loss at Motherwell. But the ex-Inverness player insists he won't let the abuse get to him.

Brewster could turn things around today when Rangers visit and wants home fans to gee his side up instead of carping from the sidelines.

Craig said: "It's a difficult time. We're not scoring goals and now we're leaking them-that's killing us.

"The stick is something I have to deal with. "It's my job to take the fans' flak.

"I can't afford to read or listen to it all or I'd end up slitting my throat.

"Instead, when things go against you, you must stand up and be counted.

"Look at Tony Mowbray at West Brom - they are bottom of the league but still focused on what they are trying to do and have won their last two home matches.

"Their fans really got behind them and it's vital everyone also plays a part here."

:thumb04: :rotflmao: - So its our fault now - and since when did Brewster mirror Mowbray - the man is doolally.

just saw CB on setanta. Not exactly inspiring! Looks like a smug git who knows he is driving the club down but doesnt really care. I am so sick of the excuses, nothing is his fault according to him!!!!!

AND.. in a no lose game at home against the old firm, it looks like he is playing 4-5-1 again!! We are bottom, why not play 2 strikers!!!

regardless of the rangers result CB - Get out of our club - NOW!!!

Nah, I'm sure he does care. It's his career. I'd care about my patient if I was performing brain surgery - but I wouldn't have the skills to do anything about it.

If you cared about the patient you wouldn't be performing surgery, Brewster GTF.

I've little doubt that Brewster cares and is doing his very best. The trouble is that his best is far from good enough.

I really don't think Brewster or Malky do care. All they care about is getting paid.

In an ideal world I think Brewster may have turned it around.

But football fans are a fickle lot and once the angry mob was formed he had no chance.

Having probably now lost the respect of the majority of the team's support, thanks mainly to the angry mob, he has to leave because, barring miracles, he can never regain that respect.

If we lose our next 2 games - both games we should be expected to win - the board would be very foolish to let him continue.

In an ideal world I think Brewster may have turned it around.

But football fans are a fickle lot and once the angry mob was formed he had no chance.

Having probably now lost the respect of the majority of the team's support, thanks mainly to the angry mob, he has to leave because, barring miracles, he can never regain that respect.

If we lose our next 2 games - both games we should be expected to win - the board would be very foolish to let him continue.

I have not seen much evidence of him turning it 'around' Buckett, still canna score,still canna defend and he still makes strange team selections and subs.

Its also not just the defeats, its the manner of them thats hurts fans.

To be fair to Brew I thought he sounded far from defeated on Setanta and I think most* would have trouble arguing with anything he said. I am gutted to be at the bottom of the SPL (trust me, living in Glasgow I get pelters every minute at work) but I think everyone here knows that if he loses one of the next 2 games he is out so instead of bitching about every comment that comes from the club why not at least give him the chance to prove himself over the next 2 games???

*I'm sure someone will... IHE I have no idea how you got your conclusion from that statement? He quite clearly states that he needs to stand up and be counted, which surely is criticism towards his own performance

Judging by the first half against Rangers the players still have belief in him... 2 games to save his job, I'll give him that

To be fair to Brew I thought he sounded far from defeated on Setanta and I think most* would have trouble arguing with anything he said. I am gutted to be at the bottom of the SPL (trust me, living in Glasgow I get pelters every minute at work) but I think everyone here knows that if he loses one of the next 2 games he is out so instead of bitching about every comment that comes from the club why not at least give him the chance to prove himself over the next 2 games???

*I'm sure someone will... IHE I have no idea how you got your conclusion from that statement? He quite clearly states that he needs to stand up and be counted, which surely is criticism towards his own performance

Judging by the first half against Rangers the players still have belief in him... 2 games to save his job, I'll give him that

FFS, he's already had 18 months to prove he can do anything - Why does he deserve any more time now?

Why Harry, do you keep on insisting giving Brewster 'a chance'? He's run out of chances as from when you last said this, he has guided us to the bottom of the league after 6 straight defeats. And we criticise what he has to say after the game as he says the same thing week in/week out. If we lose to Partick do you really think that he will be sacked?! And if we win against Partick and lose against Hamilton do you really think he'll be sacked?! No, because the board will look at it like 'well at least he won one of the games'. The likely hood of us winning both is very low, and that is how far my confidence goes just now with the fate of Caley. With Brewster at the helm, and the constant 'chances' he is getting, then not much is bright for the future.

Oh and just to add... what will your opinion be if his 'chance' to prove himself ends in two straight defeats? When we're to late to do anything about it due to us giving him a 'chance'?

Brewster knows that he is facing a career outside of football if he can't turn things around. He isn't suited to be a pundit, Jimmy has too many coaches and Dunfermline are doing well. Ionikos are probably ok. Its last chance saloon. So I know he does care, I know he wants to be a success, but he is not cut out to be a manager. Where is the evidence to suggest otherwise? Only in this club would the board be fighting to keep a manager who was sacked from his old job for exactly the same reason

Why Harry, do you keep on insisting giving Brewster 'a chance'? He's run out of chances as from when you last said this, he has guided us to the bottom of the league after 6 straight defeats. And we criticise what he has to say after the game as he says the same thing week in/week out. If we lose to Partick do you really think that he will be sacked?! And if we win against Partick and lose against Hamilton do you really think he'll be sacked?! No, because the board will look at it like 'well at least he won one of the games'. The likely hood of us winning both is very low, and that is how far my confidence goes just now with the fate of Caley. With Brewster at the helm, and the constant 'chances' he is getting, then not much is bright for the future.

Oh and just to add... what will your opinion be if his 'chance' to prove himself ends in two straight defeats? When we're to late to do anything about it due to us giving him a 'chance'?

I'll be surprised but I wont be throwing a hissy fit and demanding his resignantion. I don't believe we will be any better off with someone else, even Sir Ferguson would have struggled with the squad, budget and most importantly the fans we have at the moment. Someone has to come bottom of the league and we need to fight with every other team to try and make sure the second half of the season is a resurgence... there isn't an easy solution

besides what decent manager is going to want to come to ICT when they know if things go ugly we are going be outside of the stadium with banners asking for his job... we have too many Football Manager fans that think the job is easy because they can win the Champions league in their 3rd season (I've done it as well) get a grip!

I'll be surprised but I wont be throwing a hissy fit and demanding his resignantion. I don't believe we will be any better off with someone else, even Sir Ferguson would have struggled with the squad, budget and most importantly the fans we have at the moment.

What nonsense. So the club are in the doldrums because of the fans. Please elaborate.

Absolute drivel Harry . When was the last time you were actually at TCS ?

Brewsters had plenty of time to turn things around and any new manager would be afforded the same amount of time . As for your " what decent manager is going to want to come to ICT when they know if things go ugly we are going be outside of the stadium with banners asking for his job.. " comment , well thats so wide of the mark its not worth correcting you on .

Enjoy the 1st Division next season .

I'll be surprised but I wont be throwing a hissy fit and demanding his resignantion. I don't believe we will be any better off with someone else, even Sir Ferguson would have struggled with the squad, budget and most importantly the fans we have at the moment. Someone has to come bottom of the league and we need to fight with every other team to try and make sure the second half of the season is a resurgence... there isn't an easy solution

besides what decent manager is going to want to come to ICT when they know if things go ugly we are going be outside of the stadium with banners asking for his job... we have too many Football Manager fans that think the job is easy because they can win the Champions league in their 3rd season (I've done it as well) get a grip!

Woah hold on, now fans expressing their opinions with banners etc. is part of every fans right and it happens all over the world if the fans feel unhappy so why be it any different here? We want something to be done and are expressing it the only way we see fit as you must understand by now that any formal talk about what we want is shot down in the press and directly as well by the 'dictators' of the club. And yes I do agree that is isdifficult for us to attract managers up here, but it isn't impossible!

The Partick game and Hamilton game are must win. The Partick for moral going into the Hamilton game and obviously the Hamilton game for league position. I don't see us winning any of them with Brewster in charge and have always thought that though it would be difficult for any new person to take over in these next two games and do any different, this is where i put your 'chance' method into practice and give someone else a 'chance' to actually change things around!

And I think if Sir Ferguson was in charge by some miracle we would be much better as I know I would want to work harder for someone of that stature rather than the joker Brewster :rotflmao:

Edited by ICTodd

I'll be surprised but I wont be throwing a hissy fit and demanding his resignantion. I don't believe we will be any better off with someone else, even Sir Ferguson would have struggled with the squad, budget and most importantly the fans we have at the moment.

You're entering the realms of fantasy there Harry, Fergie would have had us in the top six. The squad were good enough for the last few years, the budget hasn't changed much so you, David Sutherland and Grassa must be right. It's the fans fault we're pants.

Someone has to come bottom of the league

That's not a reason for accepting things as they are. If you're in a hole, stop digging.

there isn't an easy solution besides what decent manager is going to want to come to ICT

A competent manager would appease most of us.

besides what decent manager is going to want to come to ICT when they know if things go ugly we are going be outside of the stadium with banners asking for his job...

Come off it Harry - ICT offer (at the moment) SPL football and you reckon that's no incentive for a manager?

You seriously think managers (who need a fairly decent sized ego to begin with) are going to start greetin' at a couple of banners?

And you think ICT fans are demanding? We've put up with the two muppets for a year and a half with hardly a whimper FFS......

Forgot to bring this up till now in last Saturday or the week before i can't remeber Brew had an interview in it and the article started with the reporter going: If there's one thing CB has learned its that opinions only matter if the people they come from matter. Then there is a whole rant about the fans.

Brew you don't care about our club. You don't care about our fans so **** you just leave now.

**** you Brewster.