FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

First Time at the Ground

Guest thistledonicely

Guest thistledonicely

Aright. PTFC fan here, making my first trip to the ground on Sat - I've checked google maps for directions to the ground, it looks a bit of a hike but I'm not bothered by that. Is it a dodgy walk?

I should mention I'm talking about the train station to the ground.

Aright. PTFC fan here, making my first trip to the ground on Sat - I've checked google maps for directions to the ground, it looks a bit of a hike but I'm not bothered by that. Is it a dodgy walk?

It is like entering hell mate - all those fields full of sheep droppings.

Guest thistledonicely

OK. Thanks.

I'm sure there are better places about but I couldn't go wrong with the Wetherspoons on Church St (if that's right), could I.

It will take you approx 20 mins to walk, there will be many home supporters walking over so hopefully you can follow them. Have you been in Inverness before?

Guest thistledonicely

I was in what I'm guessing is the main shopping centre a few years ago. Drove through on the A9 in November going to Dingwall.

OK. Thanks.

I'm sure there are better places about but I couldn't go wrong with the Wetherspoons on Church St (if that's right), could I.

There's Berties in the Railway Station, or if you turn right on to Academy Street when you leave the station there is the Exchange, or carry further on down the road there is Deanos Sports bar - a regular haunt of visiting football support. Witherspoons the last time I was in was like the village of the damned - full of junkies - maybe I just caught it on a bad day.

Are you wanting to make a stop at the pub?

If so go out of the train station (front doors next to ticket office). It will take you to a square small car park, stick to the right and follow the road around, you will walk past a kilt shop, go round the corner, past seconds and firsts and you will see a pub called the exchange (william hill across the road to place any bets), you could have a couple there. When you leave to walk to the stadium go out the pub and turn right, walk past mackays, turn right again, follow the road along past tk max, keep going all the way round so you have gone past the post office, you will then see a bridge, walk up onto the bridge, once on go right, follow on towards the college and keep going, past halfords, b&q and you will see the stadium.

Guest thistledonicely

Thanks for all the info. Really looking forward to the game and checking out the stadium for the first time.

Thanks for all the info. Really looking forward to the game and checking out the stadium for the first time.

You'll enjoy our stadium mate.... By SFL standards it's pretty good, which is kind of appropriate given our circumstances at the moment...

I'd suggest you come out of the station, walk down street opposite to Ramada hotel. Walk down left side of hotel to river. Look right you'll see a footbridge across river. Cross bridge and cross road. Hundred yards down street opposite is ICT social club. Doorman will sell you a bus ticket for ?2 which will get you to stadium and back to club. Cheap food and drink available in club.

Hey I really miss that, a few jars at the National Hotel, then along the road and stuff the Thinks.

Also the double deckers we used to run from the Caley Club and the singing on them in the middle of the bridge after we'd dished out yet another hammering.

Edited by The Mantis