FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

No your right , excuse my stupidity , of course managing a team at the bottom of the SPL is a bigger job than managing an International side :rotflmao:

a team like faroes,then yes ict is bigger,excuse my stupidity :thumb04:

Kenny Dalglish?
could

we afford him? certainly enough golf coruses around here to keep him happy :018:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats all the fuss about calderwood? he seems to be exactly the same as malpas, a failure.

i have a funny feeling that the manager will be someone no-one reckoned with. not a nobody, but someone who has been out of the public eye for a while now.

ian holloway anyone?

was that a guess or have u seen/heard something?

i seriously believe it will be a surprisingly big name. maybe not along the same lines of dalglish, maybe someone with the same reputation though. at least with the show yesterday, the players showed the new manager that he has something to work with.

when you say reputation,what do u mean ? reputation for what? dalglish i would say certainly hasnt been a hugely sucessful manager

i seriously believe it will be a surprisingly big name. maybe not along the same lines of dalglish, maybe someone with the same reputation though. at least with the show yesterday, the players showed the new manager that he has something to work with.

when you say reputation,what do u mean ? reputation for what? dalglish i would say certainly hasnt been a hugely sucessful manager

Really crap managerial career.

Managerial Career

After the 1985 European Cup final, which Liverpool lost to Juventus by a solitary goal, Dalglish was named as player-manager of the club. He took over from Joe Fagan, who decided to retire from football. Fagan himself had taken over from long serving manager Bob Paisley, the man who signed Dalglish for Liverpool as a player. In Dalglish?s first season as manager, he managed to win the league and the FA Cup, beating Merseyside rivals Everton in the final. This FA Cup win was special because his former managers Paisley and Fagan were never able to win the competition.

Dalglish managed to win the league title twice after this in the 1987/88 and 1989/90 season. Between lifting these championships, Dalglish managed to win another FA Cup in the 1988/89 season. Remarkably though, in 1991, Dalglish shocked the footballing world after resigning as Liverpool manager, even though they were top of the league at the time.

It is said that Dalglish left Liverpool due to health reasons but he returned to management just eight months later, taking control of second division Blackburn Rovers. Dalglish guided them to the top flight of English football in his first season. He was given a massive ?30 million transfer kitty and he brought in players such as Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton, Tim Flowers and David Batty.

Blackburn finished runners up in the English Premier League in the 1993/94 season but won it in the 1994/95 season. Rovers were crowned champions against Dalglish?s ex-club Liverpool, even though they lost the game, as Manchester United could only manage a draw in their game against West Ham. Following this success, Dalglish moved upstairs and became the Director of Football at Ewood Park. A year after this move, Dalglish left the club by mutual consent and on a high.

In January 1997, once again Dalglish replaced Kevin Keegan, this time as manager of Newcastle United. He guided the Magpies to second place in the Premier League that season. However, the following year, Newcastle had slipped down the league table and, despite guiding them to the 1998 FA Cup final (only to lose 2-0 to Arsenal), he was sacked.

In June 1999, Dalglish moved back to Glasgow to become Director of Football at his old club Celtic. He became caretaker manager in February 2000 after Head Coach John Barnes was sacked. Dalglish managed to win the Scottish League Cup, beating Aberdeen in the final 2-0. Dalglish left that season and made way for the arrival of Martin O?Neill at Celtic Park.

No chance he will ever be our manager but just showing how you should read more :rotflmao: :thumb04:

not seen or heard anything, just a hunch.

i mean someone with the same experience in football as a player and manager. i thought he made a decent job of manager, won the league with Blackburn.

yes but look at the cash he was given at blackburn,he didnt do much at newcastle

guys like dalglish might be reasonable at blackburn but a job at ict or similar where he had little cash he wouldnt survive

Kenny Dalglish not a successful manager?

Liverpool

* Football League First Division

o winner(3): 1985/86, 1987/88, 1989/90

o runner-up(3): 1986/87, 1988/89, 1990/1991

* FA Cup

o winner(2): 1986, 1989

o runner-up(1): 1988

* League Cup

o runner-up(1): 1987

* Charity Shield

o winner(5): 1988, 1989, 1990, (Shared): 1991, 1987

Blackburn Rovers

* FA Premier League

o winner(1): 1994/1995

o runner-up(1): 1993/1994

* Football League Second Division Play Off

o winner(1): 1991/1992

* Charity Shield

o runner-up(1):1994/95

Newcastle United

* FA Premier League

o runner-up(1)1996/97

* FA Cup

o runner-up(1):1998

Celtic

* Scottish Premier League

o runner-up: 1999/00

* Scottish League Cup

o winner: 2000

* 1985/86 Manager of the year award

* 1987/88 Manager of the year award

* 1989/90 Manager of the year award

* 1996/97 Manager of the year award

Yeah, let's hope we don't get someone like him in!?

Kenny Dalglish not a successful manager?

Liverpool

* Football League First Division

o winner(3): 1985/86, 1987/88, 1989/90

* FA Cup

o winner(2): 1986, 1989

* Charity Shield

o winner(5): 1988, 1989, 1990, (Shared): 1991, 1987

Blackburn Rovers

* FA Premier League

o winner(1): 1994/1995

* Football League Second Division Play Off

o winner(1): 1991/1992

*Celtic

* Scottish League Cup

o winner: 2000

* 1985/86 Manager of the year award

* 1987/88 Manager of the year award

* 1989/90 Manager of the year award

* 1996/97 Manager of the year award

Yeah, let's hope we don't get someone like him in!?

i didnt say wasnt sucessful,i said wasnt hugely sucessful

i have delted above what he didnt actually win,as coming 2nd with a club like liverpool isnt a sucsess

all those jobs above he was given large sums of cash to spend,get him in at ict give him ?50,000 to spend a season,and i bet he does nothing!

not seen or heard anything, just a hunch.

i mean someone with the same experience in football as a player and manager. i thought he made a decent job of manager, won the league with Blackburn.

yes but look at the cash he was given at blackburn,he didnt do much at newcastle

guys like dalglish might be reasonable at blackburn but a job at ict or similar where he had little cash he wouldnt survive

Look at the cash Ramos was given at Spurs. Souness at Liverpool. And they didn't have to start from the Championship as it is now.

As for Newcastle, Dalglish was given money to spend, then sacked a couple of weeks later. He was playing with someone else's team prior to that. And what happened to Newcastle after him? Impatient fans and chairman.

There's no chance we'll ever know what he'll do at ICT.

i didnt say wasnt sucessful,i said wasnt hugely sucessful

i have delted above what he didnt actually win,as coming 2nd with a club like liverpool isnt a sucsess

all those jobs above he was given large sums of cash to spend,get him in at ict give him ?50,000 to spend a season,and i bet he does nothing!

Try telling the Liverpool fans that coming second is not a success, how many times in recent years have they come second? I think they would settle for a second place, they'd love to win it but would settle for second.

Sunday Herald, still has Robbo as the front runner, so it 's still clear as mud

Just read that. Don't know what we're supposed to believe. Blackieforce mentions earier in this thread that Robbo claimed in commentary that he hadn't been asked for an interview. And yet:

"Robertson was interviewed by his friend, club chief executive Graeme Bennett, and chairman George Fraser at an Inverness hotel on Friday. Terms were discussed which would see Robertson take over until the end of the season, with the option of a longer contract depending on whether Caley Thistle were still in the SPL or relegated to the First Division."

So is Robbo just being coy? Or is the Sunday Herald writing p!sh?

Sunday Herald, still has Robbo as the front runner, so it 's still clear as mud

Just read that. Don't know what we're supposed to believe. Blackieforce mentions earier in this thread that Robbo claimed in commentary that he hadn't been asked for an interview. And yet:

"Robertson was interviewed by his friend, club chief executive Graeme Bennett, and chairman George Fraser at an Inverness hotel on Friday. Terms were discussed which would see Robertson take over until the end of the season, with the option of a longer contract depending on whether Caley Thistle were still in the SPL or relegated to the First Division."

So is Robbo just being coy? Or is the Sunday Herald writing p!sh?

mmm someone somewhere is lying,robbo saaid yesterday during ict commentary no-one from club had contacted him,and if he ddint hear today he thought he would be out the running

I heard his very words as well Marty. Just wonder how much the club had to pay for a days hire of a Lear jet. Assuming the average interview takes 3 hrs. The club admit to two down south. The herald reports Robbo was interviewed in Inverness. On this site it was reported that Grassa was in Glasgow, Norwich, Manchester, Aberdeen and so on and so on. Believe nothing till you see it with your own eyes I say.

Marty, there aren't many managers with the record of Kenny Dalglish and many who wish they'd achieved so much. Money is not everything. Eleven of the best players could be bought and put together. Doesn't mean they'd win anything. Getting those eleven to gel together and play for each other is the key to success. Man City have shelled out a fortune on players. Where are they? Fighting off relegation.

I heard his very words as well Marty. Just wonder how much the club had to pay for a days hire of a Lear jet. Assuming the average interview takes 3 hrs. The club admit to two down south. The herald reports Robbo was interviewed in Inverness. On this site it was reported that Grassa was in Glasgow, Norwich, Manchester, Aberdeen and so on and so on. Believe nothing till you see it with your own eyes I say.

it wasnt a lear jet it was a time machine ,took 3 seconds to get to birmingham and back :rotflmao: all we know for sure was grassa was "south" and returned on friday lunchtime,where he actually was is unsure. do we know if he actually flew/ didnt interviews last time for manager take place in gleneagles?

Maryhill - can you remember the content of that text message from Butcher's son?

I think it was something along the lines of El Tel not wanting to take over because Brewster had left us in such a mess.

Not really - I think you're along the right lines. Didn't bother mentioning that message earlier in the thread, but I guess his son is quote a good source - assuming the boy that sent the original message wasn't taking the p!ss.