Ict -v- St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Mum had Mon Mone. Put a pound on it. Hopefully we win today and will be agreat day for the Farrell household.

Wish Imrie would take his chances, hard worker but doesnt put them away.

My 12 year old picked it also, put ?1 ew for him. That will pay for some of the trip to Aberdeen next week.

Immense result!!

I am still listening to it on the bbc sport player...whereas full time confirmation has come up on soccer saturday? delaaaaaaaay!

Night out tonight, and trip to Aberdeen next week! well up for it!!!

Well done lads!!

Yus. Great vital win. And with Hamilton and Kilmarnock also getting humped its a good day all round.

If only Motherwell could have beaten Aberdeen as to go above Hibs it would have been perfect. (id'd rather have Hibs to play in bottom six based on previous results)

Thats us up to 9th. Hamilton, we're coming to get you!

** FULL-TIME STATS **

ICT St.Mirren

2 Goals 1 (Morais 40, 47) :rotflmao:

12 Shots on Goal 5

5 Shots On Target 3

7 Shots Off Target 2

5 Corners 1

10 Fouls (Conceded) 9

1 Yellow Cards 2

0 Red Cards 0

Mixed performance today - second half performance was much improved and a last 15 onslaught from St.Mirren was repelled - all in all a good 3 points and now to Pittodrie to hopefully pick up another 3 :thumb04:

Good middle third, but not so good at the start and end. At last Morais gets his chance and proves himself worthy of the gamble. Well taken goals as all will see on the beeb. Imrie on the other hand faffed about when is position trying to make sure. Yes he ran his heart out again, but as has been said so often on here -not a striker! I hope that Phillipe will be a first choice start, as, on todays showing, he is by far the best option. Can he be consistent? How long will iotr take for oppositions defenders to nitice him and react accordingly? This is all eggs in one basket territory!

Fraser did alright shot stopping, but will not stop Esson returning. Kicking was erratic. The first goal was a bit of a double brain freeze by Lionel and Granty, but otherwise both did enough. We rode our luck on a couple of occassions in the second half, but hey three points is good!

Special mention for both Kerr and Foran who were great today.

I am a happy bunny, but not enough to be blindly optimistic about Pittodrie. So shoot me.

Up north for a rare home game. Glad I came up now, but I wouldn't have said that if you'd asked me at half three.

The first half hour was absolutely dreadful. We didn't keep the ball on the deck at all: it was more of the same aimless punting from Granty and Lionel that we saw at Falkirk, with the midfield being bypassed and nothing sticking up front. Admittedly the wind was pretty bad and it was quite wet at that point, but St Mirren still managed to knock it about quite well and deserved their lead. I didn't see exactly what happened in the build-up, but the ball across the box definitely came from Lionel's area, and the scorer (was it Dorman?) was in so much much space he'd have had time to pour a pint of Guinness before sticking it in the net. The defence looked pretty uncertain right through that first period, Fraser included. Think Mikey must have been wearing clownshoes: his kicking was atrocious.

Toward the end of the first half, though we did start trying to play it on the ground and down the wings, and it made a huge difference. Morais took his goal really well - first time on the half-volley I think - and we had a couple more dangerous moves before half time. We started the second half in the same vein and looked completely different team from the one that had started the match. Morais' movement was really good and he had some great touches, although not all of them came off and he went down too easily a couple of times. Great second goal, though - made space for himself on the edge of the area and stcuk it in at the near post. Imrie worked his @rse off, chasing everything down and taking on and beating players - easily my MOTM. If we stay up, he deserves a lot of credit for it. Thought Kerr put in a very good shift in the second half too.

The last 20-25 minutes were pretty poor again. Very strange sub by Butcher - replacing Morais with Barrowman. Fair enough, Morais might have been knackered, but I would have stuck on Odihambo, replacing like with like, because the St Mirren defenders really struggled to cope with the movement of Morais and Imrie together. As soon as Barrowman came on, all the pace went out of the attack. I can't fault Barrowman's effort today (for a change), but he wasn't even reaching the ball to hold it up or reaching the box in time to meet balls coming in from wide. After Imrie was replaced by Duff it was a bit backs-to-the-wall, because there wasn't enough pace left in the team to hold the ball up. There was one sublime moment, though, just around the time the additional time board went up, when Rosscoe absolutely sprinted after the ball to take it into the corner at the bridge end, and got flattened by a frustrated defender. He picked himself up and gave the home supporters this grin of total triumph. Legend.

Great feeling to be up to 9th now, and hopefully the players and management will realise from this performance that we are at our most effective and dangerous when we try to play proper passing football and we play with two fast, skilful front men.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Crackin game the day lyk!

In the last 10 mins when St Mirren changed there formation to 5-2-3 (attack) i was sure that they were going to get a goal but at least Terry and MM saw that and put Duff on

Another 3 points in the bag :rotflmao:

Taking Barrowman on was very strange. He tried a bit more than usual, but nothing was sticking to him and the ball just got fired straight back at us.

We played well in spells. St Midden didn't deserve to go 1-0 as they had done absolutely nothing before that.

Glad to get the three points - the table will look better this evening!

Good the day, especially after the beginning. Time was when we would just have given up. Thought that Morais was excellent, as was Imrie. Granty was weak again, and Lionel? You just have to expect that. The most disappointing thing (again) was the crowd. Not a single song from anyone until we equalised,nor any vocal encouragement. Just a murmuring of discontent if anyone made a mistake. You could clearly hear St. Midden fans singing "If you hate Ross Tokely, clap your hands" Response nil. After Morais scored great, until 10 minutes from time when people start leaving. Excuse me? It's 2-1 and ICT are hanging on by a baw hair, you've paid damn near ?20 for the privelge and you up sticks before the end? There are times when I believe that Inverness doesn't merit an SPL team. Get off your ar*es, make a noise and encourage this team to stay in the SPL. See youz in Aberdeen, rant over. :rotflmao: