Club Shop

WYNESS101

This really is a no brainer. We have a small, and shinking, fanbase. We have aspirations of being an SPL club. What do the club do, waste money trying to improve a small part of the business? or concentrate on getting things right on the pitch in order to get us back up to the SPL and all the extra sponsorship and TV revenue, not to mention bringing back the hangers on who will no doubt disappear in Div 1?

The club shop was still poor even when we were in the SPL. Even with all the extra money that was coming in

Guest birdog

This really is a no brainer. We have a small, and shinking, fanbase. We have aspirations of being an SPL club. What do the club do, waste money trying to improve a small part of the business? or concentrate on getting things right on the pitch in order to get us back up to the SPL and all the extra sponsorship and TV revenue, not to mention bringing back the hangers on who will no doubt disappear in Div 1?

The club shop was still poor even when we were in the SPL. Even with all the extra money that was coming in

You are missing the point dude, I think the club shop is adequate for the needs of the club. It is only a problem on matchdays when people who otherwise have no inclination to buy ICT merchandise decide to squeeze in to have a browse. Why spend ?20-30k building a new one or give away some of your profits by franchising the business out when, apart from matchdays, the shop barely justifies the wages of the staff in it? Any fan of ICT knows how to get the merchandise they are after. In case you don't the number you are looking for is 01463 222880, the lassies are very helpful and I am sure will put your order aside so that you can pick it up on matchday, making your purchase stress-free and quick, they may even listen to your ideas for new stock and explain why they will or will not order those items.

If you want certain items of merchandise don't moan on here, phone up the club and select the options to get through to the shop. Talk to the lassies there, they are very pleasant and helpful. If they do not have your lampshade or whatever you are after ask for it, you never know maybe your inquiry will be the one which triggers the number needed to justify an order. If the queues and lack of space to move in the place on matchdays bugs you then don't become a part of the problem by standing about moaning that you can't browse, arrive earlier when it's quieter then you can be clear of the place when people who know what they want can get in and out efficiently without you getting in the way.

We have a lot more to worry about than the merchanise outlet.

Absolutely right birdog. Why don't we just sell our merchandise online and forget about that awful porakabin stadium extension?

Guest birdog

I don't mean to get rid altogether, all I am saying is that the shop we have serves it's purpose adequately. It is a ticket pick up point, a storage area for merchandise and provides employment for a couple of people. The club have no need to waste money expanding it when the people complaining would, if they really thought about it, prefer that their inconvience means that ICT have another few grand to spend on part of a player's wages who could just be the one needed to get us back up.

You are missing the point dude, I think the club shop is adequate for the needs of the club. It is only a problem on matchdays when people who otherwise have no inclination to buy ICT merchandise decide to squeeze in to have a browse. Why spend ?20-30k building a new one or give away some of your profits by franchising the business out when, apart from matchdays, the shop barely justifies the wages of the staff in it? Any fan of ICT knows how to get the merchandise they are after. In case you don't the number you are looking for is 01463 222880, the lassies are very helpful and I am sure will put your order aside so that you can pick it up on matchday, making your purchase stress-free and quick, they may even listen to your ideas for new stock and explain why they will or will not order those items.

Right enough, why bother speculating to accumulate, spending money on improving the shop or increasing the stock range to boost the revenue of the club and bring in more money to assist with improvements on the field. The club shop is absolutely fine and adequate for the needs of any club with aspirations to play in the second or third division. Better still, why not get a bloke to wander round the trackside at halftime on matchdays with a wee tray attached round his neck selling club gear.... I saw that once at Morton back in the 80s.

Guest birdog

Right enough, why bother speculating to accumulate, spending money on improving the shop or increasing the stock range to boost the revenue of the club and bring in more money to assist with improvements on the field. The club shop is absolutely fine and adequate for the needs of any club with aspirations to play in the second or third division. Better still, why not get a bloke to wander round the trackside at halftime on matchdays with a wee tray attached round his neck selling club gear.... I saw that once at Morton back in the 80s.

Speculate to acumulate? Just how much extra revenue do you assume would be generated? I am reckoning that the average supporter would be like me with a budget to spend on match days and probably would buy any merchandise I wanted before the season kicks off. There may be an increase in impulse buys but would it be enough to justify expanding the current outlet at the stadium, given the drop in attenences we are bound to suffer? The club have tried twice now, to my knowledge, to have an outlet in the Eastgate centre so they will have a good knowledge of how well, or poorly, merchandise sells in the city centre. I would assume that if it were viable to open a shop, or outlet within an existing shop, then there would be an outlet in place now. I think you should look beyond your own personal crusade and look at the bigger picture. As a club we have lost a huge income throwing good money after bad is not an option. I agree that when we stepped up to the SPL then a better club shop would have been a good, forward looking investment but not at this time.

the only extra i think they should have is a selection of the training kit as i am sure many fans would buy this, whether its tops, jumpers, tracksuits, polos etc i am sure these could be ordered with the teams stuff and the extra put into the shop to sell.

"personal crusade" Birdog? Does that not just apply if I was the only one advocating it? I'm not the original poster but just felt as strongly about it as others.

If you're happy with the club shop as it stands and the range of merchandise on offer then fair enough. Personally, I would like the opportunity to buy more stuff and give the club more of my hard earned cash.

Edited by BonnybridgeICT

Guest birdog

"personal crusade" Birdog? Does that not just apply if I was the only one advocating it? I'm not the original poster but just felt as strongly about it as others.

If you're happy with the club shop as it stands and the range of merchandise on offer then fair enough. Personally, I would like the opportunity to buy more stuff and give the club more of my hard earned cash.

Fair enough, but I think the missed opportunity was when we put in the North and South stands. I believe that more of an interest could have been generated then than investing money in an outlet after we are relegated. I strongly believe all available resources should be channeled into restructuring the team for a battle to get back up to the SPL whether it be a year or two.

Fair enough, but I think the missed opportunity was when we put in the North and South stands. I believe that more of an interest could have been generated then than investing money in an outlet after we are relegated. I strongly believe all available resources should be channeled into restructuring the team for a battle to get back up to the SPL whether it be a year or two.

Good point... opportunity was def missed when the stands were getting done.